Thread: Imported DS Wi-fi

Registered+
    Thanks

Imported DS Wi-fi

I have an imported DS. It's a Hot-rod red Mario Kart special edition and was imported from canada - bought from dvdboxoffice.com).

My problem is that here in the UK it doesn't seem able to connect via wi-fi. I don't have a wireless router myself but i have tried at friend's houses, my brothers house and at airports and train stations. I've never been able to get this DS to connect.

Does anyone know if foreign DS can't connect to the nintendo network if they're not in their country of origin? I can't see another way to explain it as i've tried everything, though it seems very strange since traditionally nintendo hand helds are region free.

I am Domo-Kun, hear me Roooaaaarrrrrrr!!! uchiha_itachi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Imported DS Wi-fi

The fact that the ds is imported shouldn't make any difference. I had a Japanese DS lite and that connected to my wireless network without any problems. One thing you may want to try is on the wireless settings for your router, make sure that WPA encryption isn't used, as the ds is only compatible with wep or lower. Also another strange thing which I had to set on my router was to make the wireless signal 'b & g'. Even though the ds connects at 54mbps, it is a bit wierd that it wouldn't connect if the setting was at 'g only'.

Try that and let us know how you get on.

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Imported DS Wi-fi

already have ... tried on completely unsecure access points too
    my brother has an official nintendo usb wi-fi dongle which he uses for the Wii ... my DS couldn't even find it

i have both Mario Kart and Metroid Prime
    the wi-fi configuration screen will find access points and list them but when it gets to testing the connection it always fails

Thread Information