Thread: Oblivion IV: The Elder Scrolls

Thanks

Oblivion IV: The Elder Scrolls

happy new year chaps!
    my girlfriend bought me this for christmas which im ploughing through at the minute and i've gotta say im VERY impressed. i was hoping that massive RPG's would take a very big leap for the PS3 and this did!
    its a very LARGE game as the other Oblivion's and the depth is insane (but doesnt get you lost with mulitple quest locations as they are very easily locatable through the log)
    Character Creation is quite impressive stright from the get go, as with many other RPG's (LONG LIVE BALDUR'S GATE!!) each race has its bonuses and your class selection can branch out into any play style which you feel like playing:
    Tank (Heavy Armoured Melee)
    Paladin ( Heavy Armoured Holy Knight, capable of healing and blessing)
    Necromancer (a mage of destruction spells)
    Bard (Light Armoured charmer)
    Assassin (Light Armoured shadow thief)
    Ranger (Light Armoured Long Ranged hunter)
    Battle Mage (Armoured caster capable of weilding melee weapons)
    Healer
    Conjurer (Debuffs & Telekonisis)
    Brawler (Hand to Hand, Light or heavy armoured)
    Knight (Heavy Armoured, master of melee weapons)
    Summoner (Debuffs and minion summoner)
    Merchant (Big Money maker )
    and quite a few more, im doing it as an Assassin and i think its a VERY cool class (will go into why later) but might make another game as a caster, though playing on my main i found alot of caster options, items and spells which i would like to try.

Events outside main story line
    theres SO much to do and its all insanely fun!
    theres all kinds of guilds to join wether you are a mage, knight, thief, assassin, even an Arena Gladiator! Currently i have made it to the top of the arena (where you make ALOT of money as a combatent) and last night i managed to finish off the last quest from the thieves guild and become its new leader: i found this to be a very enjoyable aspect of the game as you do quests for the Leader "gray fox" and progress in rank every time, BUT to get to later quests you will need to fence stolen goods to one of the named Guild Fences (Only a Thieves Guild Fence will buy stolen goods).
    i started in simple houses at night when the occupants were in bed, pick the front door lock and sneak round their house at night, stealing anything i could get money for and as you progress you will be able to up your game a little bit When you become the new "Gray Fox" you are Given the Cowl of the leader and make BIG money! as it increases thievery skills and detects lifesigns 120ft radius - im enjoying stealing from the varous Kings Castles and making thousands!
    each guild has its own storyline and rewards depending on what type of person you develop into.
    you can even buy and furnish a house in each city i just own 2 at the minute as its all i need (one to store stolen goods to fence and the other is my guild quaters you inherit upon becoming leader)

but back to it
    The main storyline is quite interesting and demands the player do a range of different styled quests, the games main NPC's are voiced by quite famous actors such as Patrick Stewart and Sean Bean which for me makes the game feel a bit more special considering the cast
    my only downfall i have found with the game so far is the Oblivion gates dotted all round the map you must destroy to progress. I know the game is based on these gates but they are usually filled with puzzles and each room lookes the same (ish) so it makes it a touch harder and irritating, but not enough to bring the game down!!

Really enjoying it at the mo, strongly Recommend it for any RPG buff, or even FPS players who want a change of scenery, the game mechanix of character development are quite complex but VERY easy to pick up

Regards
    Prime

PS - sorry if the spelling is bad, first day back at work and feel VERY rough

XBOX: BauerPrime

Thanks

Re: Oblivion IV: The Elder Scrolls

Got this one for the pc as soon as it was out many moons ago, 240 hours had the the game completed all guilds and about 90% of all the caves and hidden places on the map,
    i left the story line till last, now i'm going through shivering isle which has some better locations. But def one of my fav games.

Thanks

i have come to a point where you are setting up to open the main oblivion gate with Martin in Bruma but havent progressed the main story yet as i dont know whats to come and if i will be able to return to the map once the fight begins so im doing the same. i finished the Thieves guild quests to get the cowl and now im spending my time thieving from the castles to fence the loot, i finished the arena too which i thought was cool and now doing the quests for the brotherhood, just done "whodunit" where you have to kill the 5 people in the mansion secretly
    i was going to go onto the fighters guild next to see what they have to offer and i think im going to save the mages guild for when i make a caster.

when you did the Brotherhood did you let them turn you into a vampire?

Thanks

when you did the Brotherhood did you let them turn you into a vampire?
    God no, i had a friend who did and it becomes a nightmare, only travelling at night, and also to find the items to cure yourself can be a pain.
    One of the funniest missions is going to a castle (cant remember what city) where they are having a dinner party and casting spell that makes everyone naked then trying to escape!! actually i think that was a mission from sheograth the god of chaos (i think it's chaos), which is actually who i'm doing loads of missions for in shivering isle.
    He's got the funniest missions, have you gone to the cheese museum and created the plague of rats and made it rain burning dogs?????
    Also have you come across the unicorn yet? did you kill it?? or did you catch it and use it???

Thanks

lol sounds awesome
    if i remember rightly (it was late last night when i saved it) my next quest is to meet the head vampire in a fort for my next quest, thats all i can remember :S
    i found the unicorn, defended by 2 minotaurs and took it for a while but im not sure how to capture it and it just respawned back with the Minotaurs.
    i read that you get "Shadowmere" from doing the brotherhood quests.
    is the Shivering isle a place on the map or a PC expansion i've not come accross it . . . . or a cheese museum either yet

what happens when you start the battle with martin at Bruma? can you return to the map or get stuck in an Oblivion gate?

Thanks
    • Mithrandir's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Biostar TP45-HP
      • CPU:
      • C2D e4600 (w/ Xigmatek Red Scorpion)
      • Memory:
      • OCZ ReaperX (2x2gb)
      • Storage:
      • Samsung F1 500gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • xfx 9600gt Alphadog edition
      • PSU:
      • Xigmatek NRP-MC651
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Cavalier 3 silver (windowed)
      • Monitor(s):
      • Fujitsu Siemens SCALEOVIEW D22W-1

Ah...Oblivion. This is without a doubt one of the best games I've played in a long time. I got this on the PC when it came out and I've spent many nights exploring the enormous world. Definitely well worth the many hours you'll spend chatting to the locals, hacking the monsters and exploring the world. I did find the beginning section was a bit slow going, but after a while things pick up and its so immersive.

Truly stunning game and I hope you really have many hours of fun.

I still haven't finished the main quest and I've got the add ons I've yet to play.
    Cavalier-X: Biostar TP45-HP ¦ E4600@3.1ghz - Xigmatek Red Scorpion (OCZ Freeze) ¦ OCZ ReaperX 2x2gb (792mhz @ 4-4-4--12) ¦ Xigmatek NRP-MC651 ¦
    Palit 8800gt ¦ X-fi Fatal1ty Gamer ¦ Coolermaster Cavalier 3 (Silver/Windowed) ¦

Poseidon Magma: MSI P45 Zilent ¦ E6300@3.0ghz - Coolermaster Hyper 212 (MX-2) ¦ Corsair 2x2gb (880mhz @ 5-5-5-15) ¦ Corsair HX450w ¦
    xfx 9600gt Alphadog edition (780/1950/1000) ¦ X-fi Gamer ¦ Gigabyte Poseiden ¦

Thanks

***CONTAINS SPOILERS!***
    managed to finish off this bad boy last night, VERY impressed with the main story line and the final battle in the imperial city was epic as hell and the cutscene with martin in the Dragons fire was awesome! i managed to read up on the last Gate battle where you have 15 minutes to complete it and you are given a statue in your honour wearing your best items you are carrying so i made sure i was rocking my full glass armour before i went in
    im just finishing all the sub quests now while i wait the 2 weeks for my Imperial Dragon Armour to be made, got the Mages guild quests left to do and its done and done!
    Masterpiece of a game tbh.

back to COD4 me thinks this weekend - BRING ON THE BARRETT!!!!

Thanks
    • Mithrandir's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Biostar TP45-HP
      • CPU:
      • C2D e4600 (w/ Xigmatek Red Scorpion)
      • Memory:
      • OCZ ReaperX (2x2gb)
      • Storage:
      • Samsung F1 500gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • xfx 9600gt Alphadog edition
      • PSU:
      • Xigmatek NRP-MC651
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Cavalier 3 silver (windowed)
      • Monitor(s):
      • Fujitsu Siemens SCALEOVIEW D22W-1

haha
    I've not finished this game yet. I find I am cmopelting so many of the side quests
    then I've had breaks with owrk, et, but finishing the game. Congrats
    Cavalier-X: Biostar TP45-HP ¦ E4600@3.1ghz - Xigmatek Red Scorpion (OCZ Freeze) ¦ OCZ ReaperX 2x2gb (792mhz @ 4-4-4--12) ¦ Xigmatek NRP-MC651 ¦
    Palit 8800gt ¦ X-fi Fatal1ty Gamer ¦ Coolermaster Cavalier 3 (Silver/Windowed) ¦

Poseidon Magma: MSI P45 Zilent ¦ E6300@3.0ghz - Coolermaster Hyper 212 (MX-2) ¦ Corsair 2x2gb (880mhz @ 5-5-5-15) ¦ Corsair HX450w ¦
    xfx 9600gt Alphadog edition (780/1950/1000) ¦ X-fi Gamer ¦ Gigabyte Poseiden ¦

Thanks

finished the mages guild quests yesterday to pass the time and got Imperial Dragon armour, best looking armour, not the best stats but looks good.

i think my favourite guild quest was for the '8 and 1' i think its called (basically the nine divines) AWESOME quest line and pretty good rewards (armour set and sword/mace)
    i wanted to put it in the box and move on, back to the loving bossem of COD4 . . .but i restarted the game with a new char made a Knight but changed the main skills a little (finished the game as an assassin - now i wanna get close and mash mobs up with a HUUUUGE blade

i think the only side quest i couldnt do was buying a house in a certain city (cant remember which) because the guards killed the steward a while back, lol.

Thanks

quick edit: if you want the best blade in game, search for 'Umbra Sword' - you can kill the npc carrying it at lvl 8, i just got it on my Knight

Thanks

gtech, if you read this i need your help, lol
    i finished the Game and am just clearing up on my assassin, i have done most of the Daedric missions apart from two (you need to do them all before you are given the final one) because i dont think its going to allow me to access it basically its Azure's shrine to get the infinife soulgem, i have a feeling once you visit the shrine in the storyline you can go back to do her daerdric quest is there a way around it?
    also - a quest in the mages guild in a tomb which you have to open through magic, i have the four types of spell and know which pillar recieves which spell but it doesnt activate it does the spell have to be a touch, cast, weapon ect?

just wanna get it all done as i got paid today want to fish it up before i buy another life eating game

Thanks

hello mate, ok i know the mages guild quest. Your 4 inscriptions are fire, the second frost, the third fortifying magicka, and the last damaging magicka.
    The key to unlocking the pillar is to cast spells with such effects on the stonework itself. If you don't have the spells required, check the chest near Denel to find an assortment of scrolls that cover all of the needed effects.
    Then cast them at the pillar in the following order: Fire, Frost, Damage Magicka, Fortify Magicka. This will reveal a small set of stairs leading down to the entrance into Vahtacen Lorsel !!!
    As for the shrine of Azura in the story mode, although it mentions her in the Modern Heretics book i would def not give martin the star (much too useful)there are 15 other daedra artifacts in cyrodil to give him. I know her daedric quest where you talk to mels mayron and the you have to offer her glow dust (which you can get from a willow the wisp) at a certain time, dusk or dawn i think, then you have to kill a group of vampires in an old mine (get them outside in the sun ) then report back to her and i'm sure your get the azura's star, but then you must of already done all that to of obtained the star, i didnt give it to martin i gave him something else, not sure if there is a way round it. let me know what you think.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gtech View Post
    God no, i had a friend who did and it becomes a nightmare, only travelling at night, and also to find the items to cure yourself can be a pain.
    Yep, I made that mistake. I'm currently running around trying to get the cure, it's a royal PITA. Has anyone managed it yet? I'm still trying to get the Count to see me in Skingrad... lame.

Thanks

aah yes, of course - its one of the artifacts you need for the quest. as i was doing the Daedric quests i found that certain rewards will 'update' Martin into telling you certain things about them like one of the staffs, i think its the Rose - Martin tells you it used to be his. as for replacing the star, i'' look into it when i get a less restricted net usage outside of work but im sure there must be a way, such a cool item as that, an infinite, re-fillable grand gem to be given in as a quest item. at least with the Umbra sword you can tell the God he cant have it (because who'd be stupid enough to give that up ) so i will look into it.
    as for Vampirism - i contracted it on my 2nd char and just totally forgot about it, then one night he had the dream and woke up a vampire luckily it autosaved before i slept and i got rid of that s*%t pronto, lol.
    but there are various methods to rid yourself of it - i believe one is a quest from the mages guild, another from an NPC (cant remember which, but i will find out)

Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish

Vampires are cool!

But to cure yourself speak to any chapel priest or healer to start the quest 'vampire cure'.

Thanks

managed to finish all the Daedric quests last night on my Warrior last night and am still stunned at what happened later:
    i finished the last mission that you get given as you sleep, collected the 10 souls, got the book of stats (this was at level 20) and then . . . i leved up to 21, slept, woke up ready to level to 22, slept, 23, 24, 25, 26 lol! im on level 26, got my training for each level and its still on the level up logo as i turned it for bed
    the good thing for me was that as i reached lvl 20 and started to do the last daedric quests (to get the Goldbrand) the enemies FINALLY started to drop daedrc armour so i finally changed from Umbra's Ebony armour:

if you want a s*it load of stats and levels then do this quest!!

Thread Information