Thread: Brawl - Lag?

Thanks

Brawl - Lag?

I tried my hand at Brawl online yesterday, expecting a similarly smooth experience to Mario Kart, but was severely disappointed.

Granted, I'm playing it on a different network to the one I usually use, so maybe my signal is worse, but before I run around the house trying to reposition my Wii I thought it might be worth asking if anybody has had any similar troubles.

Connecting is no problem and the game runs mostly without issues, but every time somebody dies or respawns things go a bit funny.

Thanks
    • jonathan_phang's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rampage III Extreme
      • CPU:
      • i7 930 @ 4.2 ghz (200x21)
      • Memory:
      • 12GB Corsair XMS3 1600
      • Storage:
      • Crucial M4 128GB SSD + Misc Data Drive
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX850 Modular
      • Case:
      • Antec 300
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus PB278Q (27" 2560x1440)
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 100mb

Re: Brawl - Lag?

Wasnt sure what to expect from the online, but like you MK was perfect. My first fight was a lag fest, and i thought oh no... then havent played it for a bit, but the other night, played four or five matches in a row (and with the full complement of 4) and it was super smooth...

I'm trying to remember how Nintendo implemented this too... Not sure if there are actually hosted servers (I'm sure i read somewhere on IGN that it was basically a P2P connection direct to specific Wiis) but either way, from my limited experience online with this game, it appears that it might be based upon who you fight against, and the connection that they have - as in it'll only be as fast as the weakest connection.

In fact - there isn a Hexus Brawl friend code thread is there??? May have to start that up... I'm not that good, but never played any of the Smash Bros Series before, so still getting to grips with the mechanics...

Registered+
    Thanks
    • p4ul's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R
      • CPU:
      • Intel core i7 920
      • Memory:
      • 6GB DDR3 1600Mhz
      • Storage:
      • 2TB, 3TB, 256GB SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • AMD R9 290
      • PSU:
      • 800w
      • Case:
      • coolermaster cosmos rc-1000
      • Operating System:
      • windows 7 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • acer 24" lcd 2ms
      • Internet:
      • 10.5mbps

Yes its terrible. Mario kart was SO smooth and lag free that i was sure ssbb would be great online.. but its just too laggy, and the worst thing is the delay it feels like playing vs people on the other side of the world. The problem is, in mario kart you can choose continental or worldwide. So you get to choose if you want to play vs people closer to you (less ping) and it works great for maro kart. But in ssbb they dont even give you this option, so you cant help but play vs people on the other side of the world, so it has awful delay.

But having said that, i tried with a few friends codes of people that i KNOW and they are all in the UK and it still had delay that makes it so hard to play. I play plenty of fast paced pc games online enough to know that there is always some lag when compared to offline but it doesnt have to be this bad!

Maybe the nintendo servers are just over loaded? :\

Thanks

I've heard smash brothers is really laggy. Unfortunately i leant my wii to a friend of mine a few months back and it got stolen, and the insurance didn't cover it so

Loved the other smash brothers though, heard this ones just as good if not better.

Registered+
    Thanks

Don't forget it was released abroad months before mario kart, hence the better online system in MK.

It's useable, but i've found myself waiting 5 minutes for an opponent before, then experiencing really bad lag during the game

Thread Information