• 300GB VelociRaptor for Primary, 15TB for Storage
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire 4870 @ 790MHz
      • PSU:
      • Enermax 625W EMD625AWT Modular
      • Case:
      • Modded Lian-Li V2100B [Silent Watercooled]
      • Operating System:
      • XP Pro SP3 (Win7: Been there, done that!)
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2405FPW 24"
      • Internet:
      • O2 16Mb Home Broadband Pro

Weird Game Endings *FEAR 2/Kane & Lynch Spoilers*

Well I completed F.E.A.R. 2 today and I must admit the ending was weird, mainly the whole getting raped by a spirit bit, heh, mad stuff. I mean she wasn't that bad looking, all she had to do was ask instead of the whole rape/head f spirit world attack thing, haha.

Then you have the ending of Kane & Lynch which I only just completed the other day, 2 possible endings I might add:
    1) Sacrifice your army buddies and save Jenny only for her to hate you for the rest of your life.
    OR
    2) Go in guns blazing, rescue your Army buddies in the Church and as you're escaping Jenny get's shot, you carry her to the boat then only to have Lynch shot and then you see Kane holding Jenny (she's now dead) in his arms as the boat drifts off to sea, so as they say, Damned if you do and Damned if you don't.

Although I'm sure in many years Jenny might come to realise Kane did the right thing if you chose Option 1.

I attempted Option 2 several times and killed every last soldier yet Jenny always manages to get shot, I guess it's one of those invisible guys from FEAR.
    Eidos have announced a Sequel for Kane & Lynch: I'm not too sure how that's gonna work with the 2 endings n such, bit like Bioshock getting a sequel when that had 2 endings.

I look forward to F.E.A.R. 3 when hopefully I get to play the original point man again and hopefully deal some well deserving justice on the Aristide family.
    Hopefully KillZone 2 will have a better ending.

Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks
    • Cus_de_Sparta65's system
      • Motherboard:
      • EVGA X58 SLI Micro
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 930
      • Memory:
      • 6GB Corsair GT
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 1TB Spinpoint F3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 480 SLI Liquid Cooled
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX850
      • Case:
      • Corsair Obsidian 800D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus 24" VH242H 1080p & Generic 20" 1680 x 1050
      • Internet:
      • 30MB

Re: Weird Game Endings *FEAR 2/Kane & Lynch Spoilers*

Yeah I loved K&L, especially as one of them shares the same surname as me(sure hope that male pattern baldness is not a family trait ) Jenny always dies no matter what you do in that option as you say. I know it got panned by critics but it was my first ever PS3 game, along with R:FOM and I loved every minute of it
    "I would rather die on my feet than live on my knee's"

Thanks
    • Thor's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P5Q Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Intel C2Q Q6600 G0 @ 3.3GHz
      • Memory:
      • 4GB OZC Reaper HPC Enhanced Bandwidth Edition DDR2 800 @ 1000MHz
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire 4870 @ 790MHz
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2405FPW 24"
      • Internet:

Quote Originally Posted by Cus_de_Sparta65 View Post
    Yeah I loved K&L, especially as one of them shares the same surname as me(sure hope that male pattern baldness is not a family trait ) Jenny always dies no matter what you do in that option as you say. I know it got panned by critics but it was my first ever PS3 game, along with R:FOM and I loved every minute of it
    I loved the Bank Robbery shootout and the Prison Break missions on Kane & Lynch.

Fall of Man was my first PS3 game too and I hold every new PS3 game that I buy up2 it, it's still #1 in my book.

I wasn't impressed at all with KillZone 2, I will say that the graphics we're superb though, as for story and gameplay however, meh!

I've got SW: The Force Unleashed and Timeshift to play now, I grabbed the demo's off the PSN last week and loved them, I wish that I had downloaded the demo for KillZone 2 instead of just a blind pre-order after playing the Original KillZone so many years ago, won't make that mistake again, well, maybe for Bioshock 2 anyways.

4. Received thanks from:

Cus_de_Sparta65 (05-04-2009)

Thanks
    • Cus_de_Sparta65's system
      • Motherboard:
      • EVGA X58 SLI Micro
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 930
      • Memory:
      • 6GB Corsair GT
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 1TB Spinpoint F3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 480 SLI Liquid Cooled
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX850
      • Case:
      • Corsair Obsidian 800D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus 24" VH242H 1080p & Generic 20" 1680 x 1050
      • Internet:
      • 30MB

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    I loved the Bank Robbery shootout and the Prison Break missions on Kane & Lynch.

Fall of Man was my first PS3 game too and I hold every new PS3 game that I buy up2 it, it's still #1 in my book.

I wasn't impressed at all with KillZone 2, I will say that the graphics we're superb though, as for story and gameplay however, meh!

I've got SW: The Force Unleashed and Timeshift to play now, I grabbed the demo's off the PSN last week and loved them, I wish that I had downloaded the demo for KillZone 2 instead of just a blind pre-order after playing the Original KillZone so many years ago, won't make that mistake again, well, maybe for Bioshock 2 anyways.
    Hmm my lil sister just bunged me £100 (I stuck a tenner on the Grand National for her and her horse won) and I was eyeing KZ2 up! I am not really desperate for a game as I still have Resistance 2 and Dead Space plus GTAV1 for the PS3 to finish. Funny how you mentioned Time shift as I am playing that on PC just now
    I might just end up buying some components for my new PC build, it could do with a GPU upgrade as I only stuck a 9600GSO card in it just now. I might wait till I get paid on thursday and add a few quid and get a 9800GTX or a ATi equivalent.
    "I would rather die on my feet than live on my knee's"

Thanks
    • Thor's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P5Q Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Intel C2Q Q6600 G0 @ 3.3GHz
      • Memory:
      • 4GB OZC Reaper HPC Enhanced Bandwidth Edition DDR2 800 @ 1000MHz
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire 4870 @ 790MHz
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2405FPW 24"
      • Internet:

Quote Originally Posted by Cus_de_Sparta65 View Post
    Hmm my lil sister just bunged me £100 (I stuck a tenner on the Grand National for her and her horse won) and I was eyeing KZ2 up! I am not really desperate for a game as I still have Resistance 2 and Dead Space plus GTAV1 for the PS3 to finish. Funny how you mentioned Time shift as I am playing that on PC just now
    I might just end up buying some components for my new PC build, it could do with a GPU upgrade as I only stuck a 9600GSO card in it just now. I might wait till I get paid on thursday and add a few quid and get a 9800GTX or a ATi equivalent.
    Grand National win is it, nice, didn't play it this year after winning several grand last national as I didn't wanna chance my winning streak (3 national's in a row ).

I completed Timeshift on the PS3 on early Saturday morning, the ending is acceptable compared to other games out there, I won't say anymore as I wouldn't wanna ruin it 4 u. The game overall though was excellent, I haven't had that much fun playing a game since Resistance Fall of Man.

I installed Bioshock for the PS3 last night, I've already completed it on the PC but I thought I'd check out the PS3 version, it's much easier to play with the PS3 controller rather than keyboard & mouse for the pc imho, gives me a chance to collect more PS3 trophies, heh.

Upgrading the pc, hmm, stopped doing that several months back and just buy FPS games on the PS3 now and the 1080P playback is stunning via the PS3, it's cheaper just to buy FPS games on the PS3 than you upgrade/overhaul a PC, I occasionally buy a new bigger HDD every now n then for space requirements but apart from that my PC should last me, I only play RTS on it now and my quad rig has more than enough power to handle those types of games.

If you do insist on a Graphics card upgrade then I'd recommend the ATI equivalent as I was never really impressed with the 8800GTX that I had in my system, then I replaced it with an ATI HD4870 (watercooled) and graphics we're much better and worked out better VFM.

Intel for cpu and ATI for Graphics OR just a PS3 if you're not planning on playing RTS games.

Thread Information