• Cheap and nasty
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" LG LCD
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20mb

Beyond - Two Souls

Did anyone else in the world bother buying this, or was I the only one? It seems to have gone from triple-A levels of anticipation to the bargain bucket in just a couple of months, nobody I know seems to have played it and from what I've played so far I think that's a real shame!

I know I'm one of those weird people that likes Quantic Dream, I loved Farenheit and Heavy Rain, the latter being one of my favourite games of the last console generation. There's a lot to like about Beyond though, it features great performances from both Willem Dafoe and Ellen Page, goregous visuals and I think they've finally mastered the QTE's that made Heavy Rain frustrating at times, making them much more intuitive.

For some people I imagine a gaming experience that's as passive as this just isn't satisfying enough but I've really enjoyed vegging out in front of the T.V for the last couple of nights and picking my way through the story!

Thanks
    • Infinite's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI GD80
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 750
      • Memory:
      • Kingston 16GB
      • Storage:
      • 120GB OCZ Agility 3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 460 SLI
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 650W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ09B-W
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Pro - 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2309W
      • Internet:
      • Infinity

Re: Beyond - Two Souls

I got this game at release but didnt play it until Christmas when all my friends were back from uni/work. Four of us vegged out in front of the TV and played it through several sessions. We were all a bit skeptical at first but ended up getting really into the story. Not flawless but as you said the performance by Page, Defoe and the rest of the cast kept us engaged in the story, probably not enough QTE or choices but overall we had a really fun time playing it.

I actually think that playing this game as a group is a lot more enjoyable. Screaming at each other about decisions and failing QTE, laughing at ridiculous parts of the story, different theory about the story: just general fun banter. Coming out with such lines as "Shimasaniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" "REVENGE" "We need to get Ellen Page laid" "MURDER SUICIDE" "You're adding too much SALT"

Registered+
    Thanks

One I want to play hear mostly good things.

Registered+
    Thanks

When I first played Heavy Rain I actually thought this was a good game, and I discovered david cage for the first time. Then I found out he also made a game for the ps2 which I forgot the name of but when I watched a play through it seemed WAY weirder than heavy rain.

Then eventually I saw a playthrough of beyond two souls and I do believe that the game is a ridiculous game to go along with the rest

Thread Information