Thread: Ace Combat : Infinity coming soon !

OilSheikh

Cool Ace Combat : Infinity coming soon !

Campaign Entirely Free
    Ace Combat Infinity was confirmed as a free-to-play Japanese PSN exclusive several weeks ago, but Project Aces have now explained exactly how the system will work. The campaign will be free to play, as will 4v4 multiplayer matches that blend cooperative and competitive gameplay... but if pilots want to run cool, they'll have to run on heavy fuel.

However, "as long as you are willing to take the time, you can play the entire game for free.”

Project Aces Top Gun Kazutoni Kono detailed Ace Combat Infinity's pricing model to Kotaku. The campaign, which looks to get back to the series Strangereal roots of visceral combat against enemy squadrons and menacing floating fortresses, will be totally free to play in its entirety with no restrictions. However, it will also be "more of a tutorial” for the multiplayer suite.

Infinity's competitive multiplayer involves 4v4 matches between two teams of players, but in a neat twist, it's not a straight-up dogfight. Rather, both teams are thrown into cooperative battles where sides squabble over the biggest kill counts and scorelines. Players can create custom weapon loadouts and unlock a weighty selection of planes with in-game currency, though helicopters aren't included this time around.

So, where's the money? That's always the question with F2P titles, and Ace Combat Infinity has a two-pronged approach to earning its crust. Consumable and cosmetic items will be available to purchase from an in-game shop, but more controversially perhaps, your planes draw from a depleting fuel reserve when you play online. Once fully depleted, you won't be able to play until it slowly charges back up over time... unless, of course, you decide to pay for an instant top-up.

Everything hinges on how fast this fuel gauge recharges, and how much it costs to replenish. If it provides plenty of free hours of fun, it will probably deserve a few quid here and there.

It's academic at present, seeing as Western launch plans haven't yet been announced, but we'll keep an eye on it.

More here incl Gameplay :
    http://www.dealspwn.com/ace-combat-i...-shoots-156534

Thanks

re: Ace Combat : Infinity coming soon !

I had a chance to play Ace Combat: Infinity this weekend, and the gameplay is quite enjoyable. Played a couple of the campaign missions, and jumped into a few of the online co-op missions. It's quite fun if you can find a room with 8 people in (4v4), but the problem I found is if one or two players disconnect, the game can get pretty one-sided, as the CPU replacements are no where near as good as a human player.

Overall, I think the game is quite fun to pick up and play for a short while... assuming people keep playing it for a while yet.

Thanks

Re: Ace Combat : Infinity coming soon !

I would not want to be argumentative, but I believe that the free to play is a problem for the gaming industry. together with the DLC and the casual gamer

Thanks

Re: Ace Combat : Infinity coming soon !

free to play works very well with some games! cant wait

Thread Information