Thread: Philips ID937 Cordless Telephone - Is There No Audio Alert For Messages

Thanks

Angry Philips ID937 Cordless Telephone - Is There No Audio Alert For Messages

Hi Everyone

A newbie to this forum and hope someone can assist. I have purchased one of these all singing and dancing stylish cordless telephones with integral answering machine. The main reason I bought it was because my old stand alone answering machine no longer works and my current telephone is extremely old.

I have configured the phone according to the instructions and note the phone has a visual display of how many messages received, which is great. However I would like an audio alert when I receive messages like the traditional answering machines. At the moment everytime I leave the house or go to another room where I may not hear the phone ringing I have to check the visual display to determine whether I have any messages.

This can be quite a pain especially as you may forget to do this and may miss an important message. I am assuming that this phone packed with all new technology will have an audio alert and I just need to know how to set it.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
    • TAKTAK's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 7 3700X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 970 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 5700 XT 50th Anniversary
      • PSU:
      • Be Quiet SFX-L 600W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-O11 Mini
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG Ultrawide
      • Internet:
      • 200Mb FTTP

Re: Philips ID937 Cordless Telephone - Is There No Audio Alert For Messages

not quite sure what your asking..

do you mean:

when you turn the answerphone on and someone phones, that you don't hear them talking when the answerphone takes their message?

or do you mean tha the phone doesn't periodically remind you that you have a new answerphone message?
    Post Counts and Other Rewards, Rules, Folding@Home, Fans: Push vs Pull vs Push-Pull, Corsair PSU OEMs.

Quote Originally Posted by razer121 View Post
    Would you like me to enter you? it would be my pleasure
    TAKTAK.co.uk

Thanks

Angry Re: Philips ID937 Cordless Telephone - Is There No Audio Alert For Messages

Hi Thanks for taking the time to respond. What I mean is the phone does not alert you when the phone has taken a message. For example with the stand alone answering machines if you popped out and received a message on the answering machine whilst you were out, you would know this as there would be a continuous beeping sound.

This would alert me to the fact I have received a message/s.

This new all singing and dancing phone I have purchased does not do that (or perhaps I do not know how to configure it to do it) and it means I have to look at the tiny screen to determine whether I have received a message , each time I return home or left the room and gone to a room where I may not hear the phone ringing.

It seems odd if this phone does not do it as it seems to be packed with other on the pulse technology. Nobody wants to keep checking their phone every 5 mins i case they have missed an important message. Moreover, I would be likely to forget to check it and knowing my luck, I will fail to respond to an important message.

Thread Information