• Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT01
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy

Two Towers is SO SOON on DVD.

Is there gonna be a 4 disk set later like FellowShip...if so......can I wait :grrrrrrr:

Excitement-a-mundo

Quote Originally Posted by Advice Trinity by Knoxville
    "The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |
    "If you don't gaffer it, it will gaffer you" | "Belt and braces"

Who What Where
    Thanks
    ***Two Towers spoilers***

This is the Ain't It Cool News review of TTT: EE. Includes spoilers!

------------------------------------------------------------

THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE TWO TOWERS – EXTENDED EDITION
    Johnny Bartlett here, taking a break from the 9 to 5 (got me a total of 217 thats more than Shipman!) to bring you a look at the Exended Edition of The Two Towers. You know that feeling when theres a movie you rubbishrubbishrubbishrubbishin' love and youve seen it over and over, only after a while you start thinking Wouldnt it be cool if this time there was something different in there, just to surprise me? Or perhaps thats just me. Anyway, Im inclined to think Peter Jackson understands this well: like last years extended edition of The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers: Extended Edition is a treasure trove for fans of the film - there's so much new stuff spread throughout that it really is like revisiting a beloved classic and finding it to be twice the experience you remembered. I wont bother reviewing the movie we heard it all late last year, right? but at 3 and 3/4 hours, The Two Towers now has an epic running time to match its scope, so if ya hated it last time, you'll hate it even more now. Effects in the added scenes are of equal quality to those of the theatrical footage (and I caught this one in a crew screening a few weeks back, so is was based on seeing it on the big screen) despite many of these shots having been completed just for the DVD. Your arse'll be so numb youll think it up and died on ya and your bladder filled to bursting, but if you loved The Two Towers, youll also be oblivious to the pain and grinning like an idiot. Spoilers? rubbishrubbishrubbishrubbish, yeah:

SPOILERS BEGIN......................................................
    OK... You asked for it!
    From memory, here are the major additions:

- Extended opening, in which the hobbits scale a cliff face using the rope Galadriel gave Sam, including a better build-up to the arrival of Gollum.

- More friction between the Uruk-Hai and the Orcs as they transport Merry and Pippin back to Isengard, which better sets up the fight over food that takes place later.

- More scenes of Saruman breeding his army, creating better pacing as the invasion of Rohan begins

- Terrific scene in which Eomer finds the body of Theodred, Theodens son.

- Additional scenes with Merry and Pippin, including extensions to existing Treebeard scenes and the Ent Draught sequence, in which the hobbits grow. In another scene, Treebeards soporific poetry works its magic.

- Theodreds funeral scene, with Eowyn singing a lament.

- A wonderful introduction to Aragorns horse Brego, who we learn was Theodreds horse. Aragorn requests Brego be set free, which places his later rescue in better context.

- Additional scenes between Eowyn and Aragorn, including one in which he attempts to eat a bowl of evil-looking stew.

- More scenes between Gandalf, Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli, which expand upon the films politics (including the union between the two towers Gandalf scene from the trailer, though that line is missing from what I can remember).

- More of Sarumans musings, setting up themes that will be explored in The Return of the King.

- Flashback to the circumstances surrounding Boromir being sent to Rivendell for the Council of Elrond, taking place during the re-taking of Osgiliath by the Gondorian army. This sequence briefly introduces John Noble as Denethor, a major character in The Return of the King. I was worried this sequence would seem like an indulgence, but its difficult to imagine the film without it; not only is the character of Faramir, much maligned by fans of the book, given added depth, so too is Boromir enriched by this addition.

- Just before the Ents storming of Isengard, the Huorns mobilise and leave to attend to business elsewhere; they reappear at Helms Deep to kill the Uruk-Hai as they flee.

- New ending, with Merry and Pippin finding a larder at Isengard, including two barrels of pipe-weed; a hilarious scene in which Gimli and Legolas compare their scores after the battle of Helms Deep; Frodo, Sam and Gollum are shown the way out of Osgiliath by Faramir, who threatens Gollum; theres even a brief moment in which Sam and Gollum appear to make peace.

- Along with all these major additions, many more scenes are subtly extended to give more information or reinforce themes already present.

SPOILERS END.........................................................
    In all, its as much a treat for fans of The Two Towers as last years extended edition was to those of The Fellowship of the Ring if not more so, and despite the number of times Ive seen The Two Towers, I cant wait to see the Extended Edition again.

2nd hardest inthe infants petrefax's Avatar
    Thanks
    can't wait, me!!

just found this - may be of use

http://channel.com/landing/index.jsp

they're doing a pre-order offer on the 2 towers for £9.99, inc P&P delivered to your door on day of release (quote ref no. 012 if required - courtesy of the Guardian weekend paper)
    if it ain't broke...fix it till it is

Happy Now?
    Thanks
    Is there going to be an "Extended Edition 3 Box set" this time next year?? With like 12 DVDs in it?
    I dont like sig pics so i turn off sigs Which doesnt help when i dont know what ive written here! DOH!

Who What Where
    Thanks
    DVD might be better then and the film might be able to fit onto 1 disc

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Kingston HyperX SSD, Hitachi 1Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT01
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy
    *drewl*

*slobber*

OH its gonna be FANTASTIC. nice work Mojo mate

Quote Originally Posted by Advice Trinity by Knoxville
    "The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |
    "If you don't gaffer it, it will gaffer you" | "Belt and braces"

Happy Now?
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Private_mojo
    DVD might be better then and the film might be able to fit onto 1 disc
    You could probably fit it onto 1 dvd-r if you rip it to your harddisk and remove all the other audio streams and subs and extras from it, you could probably fit both lots of vobs onto a single disk... perhaps.

Its an idea anyway, and remember you must own the original first!
    I dont like sig pics so i turn off sigs Which doesnt help when i dont know what ive written here! DOH!

Thanks
    • Knoxville's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel X58
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 920
      • Memory:
      • 2GB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATi HD3450
      • PSU:
      • Generic
      • Case:
      • Cheap and nasty
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" LG LCD
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20mb
    I really can't wait for this, its been at the top of my dvd list for ages now

i'll be buying the 2 disc bog standard editions as cheap as possible and then waiting until the HUGE boxed set comes out and replacing them

Who What Where
    Thanks
    For Fellowship, i bought the video the day it came out, and waited for the 4 Disc edition. I borrowed the 2 disc off my sister.

I might get 2 Disc TTT though because i wanna see Sean Astin's short film he made.

Thanks
    So, when is it due out??
    Caution: Cape does not enable user to fly. - Batman costume warning label (Rolfe, John & Troob, Peter, Monkey Business (Swinging Through the Wall Street Jungle), 2000)

Thanks
    • Knoxville's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel X58
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 920
      • Memory:
      • 2GB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATi HD3450
      • PSU:
      • Generic
      • Case:
      • Cheap and nasty
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" LG LCD
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20mb
    Its due out on the 26th

Thanks
    It's in my shop now, just not on the shelves

Lord of the Rings + Harry Potter arent my cup of tea, but each to there own. Which I respect.

It's quite expensive where I am tho, about £16.

However, we are currently selling DvD players for £37!!!!

Plays mp3 CD's, Kodak Picture CD's and is surround sound compatible!! All for £37!

Nick

Thanks
    • Chan's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus M4A88TD-M EVO
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II X4 955 BlackEdition
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Corsair XMS3, DDR3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 1GB GTX460
      • PSU:
      • 520W Corsair HX Series Modular
      • Case:
      • Antec 300
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x Samsung SyncMaster P2450H 1920x1080
    is that the Akura ones? or the Bush ones?

we (somerfield) sell them for 37.99 and with discount = £35 so not bad at all for a very tidy DVD player.. bought 2

Thanks
    Aye, Kwik Save here (but only till next week - Siemans here I come! ), £37.49 Akura ones. We sell some other ones for £80 with 50 DvD's. But the Dvd's are a bit crap :/

Twin Towers was released 22nd August.... was sold out in a few hours in my shop on the day of release (only a small shop with 4 aisles)!!!

Nick

Who What Where
    Thanks
    I have my 2 Discer.

Thanks
    As memeory serves, Sainsbury's were given leave to sell Two Towers 4 days before general release, seeing as they were the top retailer for Fellowship.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareos View Post
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

Thread Information