Thread: what do you think about Chinese people and Chinese cheap goods?

Thanks

Red face what do you think about Chinese people and Chinese cheap goods?

All friends, here i have no purpose, only for fun to ask you how do you think about Chinese People and Chinese SO CHEAP Products?

By the way, here in the forum, people here are from all countries or only from the people who can say english, like USA, Europe countries...

I am a new staff, any words can be accept. thanks.

Thanks

Re: what do you think about Chinese people and Chinese cheap goods?

If there is a serious purpose to your 'question'; the answer is there are no different to any other group of people on this planet.

Hope that helps.
    Deo Adjuvante non Timendum

Thanks
    • adidan's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar Max
      • CPU:
      • R5 3600
      • Memory:
      • 32Gb 3200Mhz Crucial Ballistix Sport
      • Storage:
      • Corsair MP510 m.2 480Gb / 2xCrucial M500 1Tb0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac GTX1080 Mini
      • PSU:
      • 750W EVGA G3
      • Case:
      • CM NR400 Noctua Redux filled
      • Operating System:
      • W10 64 Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" 1440p Iiyama XUB2792QSU

What an obscure thread.
    Grab that. Get that. Check it out. Bring that here. Grab anything useful. Take anything good.

Thanks
    • MaddAussie's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus ROG Strix Z370G
      • CPU:
      • i7 8700k (5.1Ghz)
      • Memory:
      • 16Gb
      • Storage:
      • 500G 960 EVO NMVE
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 1070
      • PSU:
      • Corsair RM650i
      • Case:
      • Corsair Carbide A1r 240
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Dell HD + Samsung HD

Pointless thread is pointless

Isn't salad what food eats??

Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by wangyunge View Post
    By the way, here in the forum, people here are from all countries or only from the people who can say english, like USA, Europe countries...
    The forums are open to all, but English is the spoken language. So as long as you can speak English well enough to understand the rules then you are most welcome!

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks

This forum is moderated, and the only language we can be sure all moderator understand is English. Therefore only language we allow for posting is English. Posts in other languages will be removed immediately, and in all likelihood, so will that account.

We also DO NOT allow advertsing or product promotional posts unless it is organised through HEXUS advertising staff. A link can be found on our home page.

As for what we think of Chinese people and cheap goods, Chinese people are people, just like any others. Not better, not worse.

Some cheap goods are just cheap rubbish, whether Chinese or not. Some comparatively cheap goods are good value, others are not.

But in any event, we do not allow posts such promoting goods, cheap or not, Chinese or not, and we get a LOT of such posts, which will be immediately removed and the account banned.

D-T
    Thanks
    • D-T's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Z370 ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 8700k @ 4.7GHz
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair 3GHz DDR4
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 960 Pro NVMe | Samsung 840 Pro | Sandisk Extreme Pro II
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2x 11GB GTX 1080 Ti (ASUS STRIX | MSI Gaming X)
      • PSU:
      • EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 T2 80+ Ti
      • Case:
      • Be Quiet! Dark Base 900 Pro
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • ASUS PG348Q, 21:9 1440p @ 90Hz // Panasonic 55" CX700B, 16:9 2160p @ 60Hz
      • Internet:
      • "100Mbps"

All friends, here i have no purpose, only for fun to ask you how do you think about Chinese People and Chinese SO CHEAP Products?

I think a lot of the cheap goods get a bad press, perhaps unfairly. Companies like ASUS, Samsung and others show that there's no question of high quality electronics companies emerging from the Asian market but I think public opinion over here is probably one of the greatest barriers they face. Marketing and image are no-doubt major factors in establishing that; if the products are marketed and represented well over here then people will be more likely to consider them over more expensive brands' counterparts, especially if they can be backed up with a warranty. The element of perceived risk is probably what puts most people off.

Investing in staff and/or partnerships with people who know the European markets could be the key to success for a lot of manufacturers struggling to make the break over here. Public opinion is such that a lot of consumers will write off placing any trust in electronics from unknown brands based on superficial marketing aspects rather than the quality of the products themselves - which they may never get to see. Even things like poor grammar and mistranslations in a company's documentation and/or advertising can be enough to raise doubts and put potential customers off entirely.

It'd be good to see more international cooperation helping to bring in competitively priced electronics to be judged on their own merits.

On a semi-related note: I was staggered to find out how cheap shipping goods from China can be, we recently got a quote back for a freight container to be shipped over to Liverpool for just $100 (plus the tax & import duty on the contents). Compared to what couriers like UPS charge just to deliver a parcel domestically, or what fuel & transport costs (even using public transport) would be over here if - God forbid - you wanted to do it yourself, it's unbelievable.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vicar View Post
    If there is a serious purpose to your 'question'; the answer is there are no different to any other group of people on this planet.

Hope that helps.
    Who opened this forum? and which country?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    This forum is moderated, and the only language we can be sure all moderator understand is English. Therefore only language we allow for posting is English. Posts in other languages will be removed immediately, and in all likelihood, so will that account.

We also DO NOT allow advertsing or product promotional posts unless it is organised through HEXUS advertising staff. A link can be found on our home page.

As for what we think of Chinese people and cheap goods, Chinese people are people, just like any others. Not better, not worse.

Some cheap goods are just cheap rubbish, whether Chinese or not. Some comparatively cheap goods are good value, others are not.

But in any event, we do not allow posts such promoting goods, cheap or not, Chinese or not, and we get a LOT of such posts, which will be immediately removed and the account banned.
    Is there any way, that i can promote our products or leave email or other contact here, then people who need the cheap products can contact us immediately outside of the forum?

Thanks
    • g8ina's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock Z75 Pro3
      • CPU:
      • Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair 1600MHz DDR3.
      • Storage:
      • 250GB SSD system, 250GB SSD Data + 2TB data, + 8TB NAS
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX Radeon HD 6870
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 430
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Iiyama 22"
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 100MB unlimited

Cheers, David

11. Received thanks from:

KeyboardDemon (26-09-2014)

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks

Is there any way, that i can promote our products or leave email or other contact here, then people who need the cheap products can contact us immediately outside of the forum?
    As g8ina said above, and I said earlier, only via our advertising department. g8ina gave the link .... http://hexus.net/advertise/

Other than that, sorry, no. Hexus is a commercial operation, with the forums provided free to members for discussion and debate, and is not cheap to operate. If we allow one company to promote it's goods, two things are going to happen ...

- first, other advertising customers are going to get upset that they're paying, and you're not.

- second, we will be deluged with thousands of other small companies all wanting to promote their products free of charge, and the actual purpose of the forum, the discussion and debate by members, will be lost in a sea of promotion by customers. And our members will disappear, because they come to discuss things, not read masses of adverts. Which, of course, defeats the point of advertising.

So, our long standing policy, for all of the 10+ years of our operation, our policy on commercial promotion has not varied - it's only permitted via the advertising department.

I have to thank you for actually asking, though. We get a LOT of companies that don't bother to ask. They just post adverts. And, as these are always reported promptly by our members, they are immediately removed, and the account closed. A lot of these companies are Chinese, but by no means all. And where they are makes no difference to our policy, we close any such accounts.

You asked which country we're in. The forum is based in the UK, but our membership includes people from dozens of countries, including China.

13. Received thanks from:

g8ina (27-09-2014),MaddAussie (27-09-2014)

Thread Information