• MrJim's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Tomahawk X570
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5900X
      • Memory:
      • 32gb Kingston 3600 DDR4
      • Storage:
      • Aorus 1Tb NVME SSD, Samsung 1Tb 970 Evo SSD, Crucial 2tb MX500 SSD, Seagate Ironwolf 4Tb SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 3080Ti
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 1300W
      • Case:
      • Fractal Meshify 2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 11 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Viewsonic 27" XG2703-GS
      • Internet:
      • BT 900 mb/s FTTP

Re: Bluetooth Audio Speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Saracen999 View Post
    I guess every rule has an exception. Maybe you got the exception. Or, given they went out of their way to help me, both a couple of months ago, and about 30 years ago, and more than a modest number of times in-between.

Why rave about them? Because, in my experience(s), they've been excellent. But it is just my experience. Certainly, your experience wasn't even good, never mind excellent.
    It might just come down to the 'culture' of the particular branch of Richer Sounds the Kanoe visited. I've never experienced any such problems with RS in the past, but I wouldn't have been all that impressed either, if I had. I do like the fact that on their 'Contact Us' page on the RS website, it says:

"As a final last resort, which hopefully will not be necessary, please contact the office of Julian Richer, our Founder, at julianoffice@richersounds.com. Julian will oversee your correspondence and arrange for one of our senior team to help."

So it might be worth dropping a short email to the founder of RS, just to let him know about the poor service received at that particular branch.

Thanks

It could be that simple, yes. One bad employee can mess up the experience of multiple customers, and one bad manager could sour the attitude of an entire branch. I'd hope neither would last long in-post, but ... who knows?
    A lesson learned from PeterB about dignity in adversity, so Peter, In Memorium, "Onwards and Upwards".

Thanks
    • Kanoe's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus ROG STRIX X299-E GAMING II
      • CPU:
      • Intel 7960X (4.4GHZ All Core)
      • Memory:
      • 64GB Corsair Vengeance PRO (8 x 8GB) 3200
      • Storage:
      • 1x 2TB M.2, 2x 1TB M.2, 960GB SSD, 2TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nvidia 3080 FE (1965MHz @906mV +1500 VRAM)
      • PSU:
      • Superflower 1200W
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Enthoo Primo v2
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 28" Gigabyte M28U 4k + 24" Dell U2412M
      • Internet:
      • Zen 1 Gig Fibre

Sorry Saracen, wasn't referring to you when talking about people saying Richer were good, if you took it that way.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kanoe View Post
    Sorry Saracen, wasn't referring to you when talking about people saying Richer were good, if you took it that way.
    No need for the sorry. I didn't take it amiss or anything, but was trying to extrapolate why others might find Richer good, as I have. I guess it's pretty much always the case, excepting perhaps very small companies with low transaction volumes that they don't get everything right, and one reason I (so far) like Richer has been the way they've dealt with problems. But, any company anywhere near their size is going to have either the occasional wrong person, or even a person that for whatever reason is having a bad day and messes up. I've had problems /9with equipment supplied by Richer) several times over a long period, and Richer's dealing with it have been, well, hard to fault. I'd wouldn't have been at all impressed

I've never fund them at all pushy. Rather the opposite in fact - quite laid back. Certainly never had pressure to buy in one place or another. The VIP thing .... my only thought there is IIRC, they do state that it can't be used in conjunction with any other offer, so was that the case?

The "gotta hang up and deal with another customer ...", suffice it to say if tthey did that to me, ISTR Julian Richer's contact details are on the website and that treatment would have resulted in a brief "are you aware of this kind of treatment?" note.

Going to the boss won't always work, but with a valid complaint it has for me. One such example is (a LONG time ago, mind, late 80s I think) an issue with Dell (UK). I'd been messed about quite a lot with tech support, so I rang and asked for the MDs secretary. I said I had an issue so if I dropped her a fax could she look at it and if she thought it relevant, show it to the MD. She said she can do better than that, and gave me a (fax) phone number .... to the machine right on the MDs desk! The fact it was "fax" dates it pretty well, and believe me, tech support got off their butts right quick after that. So ... maybe drop Mr Richer a brief line? If you do, I'd advise (unlike many of my posts) keep it sas brief as possible, factual and professional. Obviously. You never know. Though, I doubt much more tan getting the detailed spec will result but, who knows, assuming you're right, maybe a 'goodwill gesture' would come your way. It wouldn't shock me if it did.

Anyways, no worries Kanoe, I didn't take it in any way amiss. The thought didn't even occur to me.
    A lesson learned from PeterB about dignity in adversity, so Peter, In Memorium, "Onwards and Upwards".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information