• Coolermaster Centurion
      • Operating System:
      • Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dual Iiyama 24"
      • Internet:
      • Patchy

House MD

Been watching this on channel 5 for a while, the DVD set of season 1 came out in the US, so ordered it in. Got it the other day. Its fab. Never dd see the pilot or the first couple of episodes. I really think its a great programme to watch. One of the best quotes:

Hello, sick people and their loved ones! In the interest of saving time and avoiding a lot of boring chitchat later, I'm Doctor Gregory House; you can call me "Greg." I'm one of three doctors staffing this clinic this morning. This ray of sunshine is Doctor Lisa Cuddy. Doctor Cuddy runs this whole hospital, so unfortunately she's much too busy to deal with you. I am a board certified diagnostician with a double specialty of infectious disease and nephrology. I am also the only doctor currently employed at this hospital who is forced to be here against his will. That is true, isn't it? But not to worry, because for most of you, this job could be done by a monkey with a bottle of Motrin. Speaking of which, if you're particularly annoying, you may see me reach for this: this is Vicodin. It's mine! You can't have any! And no, I do not have a pain management problem, I have a pain problem... but who knows? Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'm too stoned to tell. So, who wants me?

*everyone looks at each other*

Right, I'll be in exam room 1 if you change your mind.

I think Hugh Laurie does the part quite well.

Thanks
    I have been watching this series on and off on channel 5 for a while, or is it channel 4.. cant remember. And one aspect is something my family do make fun of. Its the diagnostic process he goes through and something that really seems unimportant or not worth mentioning is the greatest clue that solves the mystery allowing them to diagnose the patient successfully.
    Things like... "So .. he used to own a cat and it died recently... that changes EVERYTHING".
    Its not unusual for a 'house' joke to be something like... ".. what so you ate eggs for breakfast and you used a fork instead of a spoon .... THAT CHANGES EVERYTHING!"

Its even funnier the fact my sisters starting her first year in medschool.

www.5lab.co.uk
    Thanks
    season 2 is around on yer interweb.. there is at least 1 other thread on this somewhere

btw, if you like this, try 'greys anatomy' too. its a pretty good show - less comody, but very good - on living tv afaik
    hughlunnon@yahoo.com | I have sigs turned off..

Thanks
    • Stringent's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel DQ57TM
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 760
      • Memory:
      • 8GB
      • Storage:
      • 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVIDIA Geforce 260GTX
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX620
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Centurion
      • Operating System:
      • Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dual Iiyama 24"
      • Internet:
      • Patchy
    Yeah I think its in General Somewhere, lost in the voids of page 3 and beyond ... Anyways, its not often I get hyped up about something ... so I'll be quiet for the next ... few months or so!

smtkr
    I started watching this show. I caught a few re-runs this summer and have watched the three episodes from season 2. It's a darn shame that they are taking it off during October in favor of baseball (the most boring sport on earth--it makes curling look like an orgy of action).

www.5lab.co.uk
    Thanks
    thanks for the heads-up! i'd be hunting it down for weeks if i hadnt heard that
    hughlunnon@yahoo.com | I have sigs turned off..

Banned
    Thanks
    I've watched it since the begging and it's been great. Especially the episode when he was playing his Ipod, then put the wrong song on as the chairman was supposed to walk out.

"That was meant to be more dramatic..."

Thanks
    • Daneel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Z87-Plus
      • CPU:
      • i7 4770k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB PC3-12800
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 21TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB
      • PSU:
      • EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define R4
      • Operating System:
      • WIndows 10 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2415 24" 1920x1200
      • Internet:
      • 24/1.3Mb ADSL
    I just discovered this last week and have watched all of S1 since! It's very good, Ms Mortimer needs to do some more good stuff. I checked out her older films and they are universally bad but in House she shows that she is capable.

Thanks

House, M.D.: Season 2 (2005)

Hi from Australia everyone!

I am hoping that one of you can help me. I have found "House, M.D.: Season 2 (2005)" available on DVD for rent at NetFlix but not found any mention of it being available for rent of purchase anywhere else in the world.

Here's Netlix's link: http://www.netflix.com/MovieDisplay?...&mqso=60178549

Have any of you been able to buy or rent Season 2 yet? I would love to get my own copy so if anyone has some more info or can help me in some way I would greatly appreciate it.

By the way, we often have to wait a year after you guys get things before the same things are available here in Oz.

Thankx,

Mark

Thanks

DESPERATE need the song

Ok i am seriously a huge house fan but sadly i am from aus and it was only last night that episode 1.17 "Role Model" was aired. or in other words when cameron leaves. I am desperate to find out what the song is called that is playing when she quits...i am dying here i really want it...need help

Thanks

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by pswhatever012
    Ok i am seriously a huge house fan but sadly i am from aus and it was only last night that episode 1.17 "Role Model" was aired. or in other words when cameron leaves. I am desperate to find out what the song is called that is playing when she quits...i am dying here i really want it...need help
    The music in closing scene where Cameron says goodbye is "It's Okay to Think About Ending" by Earlimart off their Treble & Tremble album.

Check your PMs for one from me.

Thanks

Talking

Hmmm....speaking of Jennifer Morrison.....

What a honey!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thewizard-oz
    Hi from Australia everyone!

I am hoping that one of you can help me. I have found "House, M.D.: Season 2 (2005)" available on DVD for rent at NetFlix but not found any mention of it being available for rent of purchase anywhere else in the world.

Here's Netlix's link: http://www.netflix.com/MovieDisplay?...&mqso=60178549

Have any of you been able to buy or rent Season 2 yet? I would love to get my own copy so if anyone has some more info or can help me in some way I would greatly appreciate it.

By the way, we often have to wait a year after you guys get things before the same things are available here in Oz.

Thankx,

Mark
    Since only three (of eleven) episodes have aired in its native US so far, it won't hit the DVD shelves for some time, I'd guess...

smtkr
    Just a heads up guys--House will be airing tonight in the U.S. For all of you who dl the xvids, check for it tomorrow.

smtkr
    I hope you get/got a chance to watch last night's episode. It was hilarious--House's parents came to town to have dinner with him.

Thanks
    House is the best show on television. It is brilliant. I just caught onto the series recently and have been watching all the old season 1 episodes. This show is just too good. Can't wait for the next season. I feel a Cuddy' House romance coming on.

house

Thread Information