Thread: Huge Display Options

Thanks

Huge Display Options

i need to display the above screen (which sits stationary/updates every 60 seconds) in a factory which sees a fair bit of sunshine during the glorious summer days we have.

what options do i have.

i am going to be placing a a plasma displaying the image in a two small rooms. but i feel plasma's would be too small for our factory, unless we had 10 of them at intervals (not ideal)

also, how would we go about transporting the image from pc to all the displays around. we dont want a pc per display.

opinions? options?

TiG
    Walk a mile in other peoples shoes...
    Thanks
    Very straightforward to do a tv distribution grid for something like this. Same concept as TV in peoples rooms in Hotels etc.

Used to do this at a company i worked for where displays used to have content displayed in several plasma screens in reception.

Use the distribution box and cables to take the signal from 1 pc to up to 8 plasmas.

TiG
    -- Hexus Meets Rock! --

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TiG
    Very straightforward to do a tv distribution grid for something like this. Same concept as TV in peoples rooms in Hotels etc.

Used to do this at a company i worked for where displays used to have content displayed in several plasma screens in reception.

Use the distribution box and cables to take the signal from 1 pc to up to 8 plasmas.

TiG
    which disty box would that be? how much you talking? and how about cabling for about 50m in distance? is there no wireless fix, like a video sender?

TiG
    Walk a mile in other peoples shoes...
    Thanks
    Vini, There are loads of distribution boxes, I was never involved in ordering them, my job was to provide the content for the PC's. The distribution boxes could take outputs in several forms, from RF or Scart depending on what was required.

I'd definitely not recommend wireless video senders. I'd much prefer a cabled solution. With 50m i doubt there would be a problem, but you can always get booster signals (but i doubt you would need it)

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...9413&doy=18m11

Somethign along these lines with a quick google, (at £30 you could try stuff out assuming you had screens to play with)

But i'd be looking to pay £100-150 for something with good quality connections rather than just standard RF to display to plasmas.

TiG
    -- Hexus Meets Rock! --

Thread Information