Thread: Fuji S5600

Pee
    Thanks

Fuji S5600

Been thinking about getting this for chrimbo having used a mates S5000 and S5500, seems ideal for what i want, the thing is. last week it was £280 everywhere.. and now its £220, even in currys and dixons ! maybe its just a random price drop but it seems really cheap for what it does. anybody have one?

Cheers

SN85G4 :: Mini Cooper 1.3i

Thanks
    I have an S5500 and its excellent. I wanted something between your average Point-and-shoot and dSLR and it fits perfectly

Pee
    Thanks
    thats exactly what i want, i really liked the 5500 the 5600 is just the new model of it i think.. £220 is a bargin imo

SN85G4 :: Mini Cooper 1.3i

^-- I'm with stupid --^
    Thanks
    You know my answer to this Pee after msn Go for it definately, great bit of kit.
    tom@meangasoline.co.uk | RIP Zoltan

Canon 350d | 50 F/1.8 Mk II | 70-200 F/4 L | 1Gb Sandisk Ultra III

Dianeal/Extraneal/Physioneal hoodmeister's Avatar
    Thanks
    I've seen some stunning shots from this cam, stuff I would call dSLR standard.

Definitely one to go for

edit : Handles very nicely, too IMO. My only personal gripe with it is XD cards, but if you're buying memory for it anyway, that shouldn't be much of a problem

Thanks
    I just picked up one of these for £150. Decided that i wanted to get a nice manual control camera without the faffing of lenses you get with a dSLR (i have the use of a dSLR if i need it anyway). Decided that this camera was just what I was looking for after comparing it to various others including the Kodak Z612.

I cant wait for it to arrive now! should be here tomorrow mornign with any luck

Splash
    I bought one of these about 6 or so months ago and it's a fine bit of kit - mine came refurb from Fuji and I've had no issues with it - plenty of manual stuff to tinker with. They have them now http://www.fujifilm.co.uk/shop/refurb/shop.php for £136.29, which is a fair saving - you only get 6 month warranty but let's be honest - it's a massive savin even from the reduced prices mentioned above. I may (or may not) have on in the for sale threads in a month or 2 to raise cash for my new Nikon D70s...

EDIT - just remembered - these things have an insane optical zoom for a camera at this price range.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash View Post
    EDIT - just remembered - these things have an insane optical zoom for a camera at this price range.

they were my thoughts exactly. I was comparing its capabilities with the D50 that i get to play with occasionally, and, although it's probably not an entirely fair comparison, it stands pretty fair considering it's not a dSLR.

Can't wait to give it a go at my bf's next gig

Thread Information