Thread: Dad wants to get Sky, whats the best deal for us both?

Thanks

Dad wants to get Sky, whats the best deal for us both?

Hi all,

I'm a Sky subscriber, I have Sky+ with Multiroom and the top channel package, costs me £52 per month (also known as an arm and a leg).

My dad now wants to get Sky at his house, he wants the most minimal package for the cheapest price.

What's the best deal for him and what can I get for introducing a friend?
    I personally would like to get SkyHD too so if that could be factored into the equation at all it'd be handy.

Thanks
    You best bet is wating for one of the sky special offers. I got one where by you get the first 3 month of all inclusive package for £10 a month.

Thanks
    They are offering 50% off on all packages if ordered online at the mo m(ends 28th Sept.). But I doubt you'd qualify for the referal promo if you did order online, although I couldn't be sure of that.

What channels does he like to watch is the important question I guess?

Thanks
    btw, you have to register for the introduce a friend offer first. Then they give you a number for your friend to call. I did this when they were offering a free Sky+ box, and got the box very soon after the friend started their contract.

Thanks
    Thanks for the tips!

I ended up getting my Dad the offer that's currently available, first 3 months half price.
    I went through the Introduce a Friend method too, meaning I should get £50's worth of M&S vouchers though.
    I'm not sure if that process worked though, I've not heard anything about it since? I introduced a friend, Dad got the e-mail and proceeded to sign up as instructed by the e-mail.
    His install has gone fine and he's up and running with Sky, but I've heard nothing about Introducing a Friend. Has only been a week since his install though.

Thanks
    the half price deal for 3 months is what my parents have just got and there very happy with it. I was lucky enough to order mine on the 31st of August so i got movies/sports (i chose sports) free for 6 months which is all good

damn i cant stop watching baywatch
    Contrary to the odd name and translucent-grey color, Pocari Sweat does not taste like sweat
    Hardware:

Main PC
    - See 'My System'
    Server - Athlon XP 1700+, 1GB, 500GB HD
    Laptop - Compaq AMD Turion 64 X2, 60GB HD, 1GB
    Media Centre Shuttle - P4 3.0 Skt 775 Shuttle, 1GB, 120GB HD
    NAS - 400GB
    Home Entertainment - Xbox 360 with 37" HD LCD TV, Acoustic Energy Aegis EVO A speakers (5,1), Yamaha RXV359 AV reciever
    Media Centre II - X2 4000+, 1GB, 400Gb Vista Ultimate

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Parm View Post
    Thanks for the tips!

I ended up getting my Dad the offer that's currently available, first 3 months half price.
    I went through the Introduce a Friend method too, meaning I should get £50's worth of M&S vouchers though.
    I'm not sure if that process worked though, I've not heard anything about it since? I introduced a friend, Dad got the e-mail and proceeded to sign up as instructed by the e-mail.
    His install has gone fine and he's up and running with Sky, but I've heard nothing about Introducing a Friend. Has only been a week since his install though.
    You should get a letter any minute now according to how soon I got the response. Did they give you a number to phone for the introduce a friend service?

The cure to over-watching Baywatch is to watch the Babestation channels ... so I;ve heard

Thread Information