Thread: Xbox 360 connectivity with my HD LCD TV

Thanks

Xbox 360 connectivity with my HD LCD TV

Hello there,

I'm looking for a bit of problem solving advice for the connections at the back of my Samsung HD LCD TV.

It has 2 scart, one HDMI, one component, one composite and one VGA input.

Currently, I have a Playstation 2 connected to the component input, HTPC connected via VGA and my Cable TV Drive connected to the HDMI input.

I am going to get an Xbox 360 in the near future, and know that it comes with component input.

That would be fine, it'd replace the PS2 component connection but....

I've read that VGA would give a better picture than component for the xbox360.

If this is the case, can you get such a thing as a VGA splitter to allow two devices to share the VGA input? I have a KVM switch for repairing PCs - would that work?

Cheers

My System: Coolermaster Centurion 5 (black) case, Intel E6750 Core2Duo, Tagan Easy-Con 530W, Asus P5B Deluxe WIFI, OCZ 2GB Kit (2x1GB) DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 CL 4-4-4-15 PLATINUM XTC, Samsung SpinPoint 200Gb SATA2 / 2 x Maxtor DiamondMax 10 200Gb SATA, 256Mb Sapphire ATI PCI-E X1950PRO, Creative X-Fi Xtreme 7.1, 19" Daewoo W9ZQ Black Widescreen TFT, 4Mb Virgin Cable Broadband (formerly Blueyonder) with Linksys WRT54GL Wireless-G and DD-WRT firmware.

Dark side super agent
    Thanks
    First things first - I used component for HD with the 360 and it looks stunning on a 45" TV. As the 360 Premium pack comes with that cable why not try it out first and see how you get on? I think the difference between the VGA and component is subject to your personal opinion.

To answer your question though, I can't see any reason why the KVM splitter shouldn't work but if it seems simple then it often isn't. Sorry I can't say for sure!
    An Atlantean Triumvirate, Ghosts of the Past, The Centre Cannot Hold
    The Pillars of Britain, Foundations of the Reich, Cracks in the Pillars.

My books are available here for Amazon Kindle. Feedback always welcome!

Thanks
    You're right, I'll try the component first. It'd be a lot easier than sharing VGA connections.

It's a 26" LCD I have, so the difference may not be as noticable than on a larger TV like yours.

At the end fo the day, it'll beat my mates 24" CRT!

My System: Coolermaster Centurion 5 (black) case, Intel E6750 Core2Duo, Tagan Easy-Con 530W, Asus P5B Deluxe WIFI, OCZ 2GB Kit (2x1GB) DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 CL 4-4-4-15 PLATINUM XTC, Samsung SpinPoint 200Gb SATA2 / 2 x Maxtor DiamondMax 10 200Gb SATA, 256Mb Sapphire ATI PCI-E X1950PRO, Creative X-Fi Xtreme 7.1, 19" Daewoo W9ZQ Black Widescreen TFT, 4Mb Virgin Cable Broadband (formerly Blueyonder) with Linksys WRT54GL Wireless-G and DD-WRT firmware.

Dark side super agent
    Thanks
    For a 26" TV then I doubt you'd notice the difference between VGA and component although there are some people out there who can. You WILL notice the difference between HD and SD though!

As a side note, component works but there have been a few problems with VGA connections. I can't expand on that but searching AVforums should come up with something.
    An Atlantean Triumvirate, Ghosts of the Past, The Centre Cannot Hold
    The Pillars of Britain, Foundations of the Reich, Cracks in the Pillars.

My books are available here for Amazon Kindle. Feedback always welcome!

Thread Information