Thread: H80 pump noise

Thanks

H80 pump noise

Hi

I have had two h80 coolers now and both of them sound like a cross between a fish tank and hard drive has anyone tried the vdroop mod if so does it work?

Thank you
    C3ham

Registered+
    Drumsite, Christmas Island, Christmas Island
    Thanks

Re: H80 pump noise

i have had 2 h80's do this and i believe its a sign that the pump is about to fail. (this was the case on both of mine)

Registered+
    Thanks

Wasn't this issue identified and admitted as a fault by Corsair and fixed on fail:

07/02/2012 Released from Cooling Product Manager:
    Quote:
    “Corsair has now tracked down and fixed a rare and hard to reproduce issue on some of our Hydro series coolers, specifically the H60, H80, and H100 when used in combination with certain power supplies in certain circumstances. The failure will present itself as a buzz or hum, similar to a hard drive seek noise, and may disappear and reappear at random times. This issue affects a very small number of units, and typically is more prevalent on power supplies that provide higher than +12.2V on the +12V rail, which explains why some users have experienced multiple units with the same issue – they’re plugging them into the same power supply.

Regardless, this has since been corrected and we are now shipping units that do not experience the issue. If you’ve got a noisy H100, H80, or H60 unit, and the noise is coming from the pump (not the fans), we’d like to offer you a RMA. Please Contact us by using the link on the left and request an RMA to start a replacement with a known good unit.

Thank you, and we appreciate your patience as we corrected this issue. “

Registered+
    Thanks

is this announcement only valid for US customers?My RMA was refused by UK after-sale.

Corsair Rep
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nniitt View Post
    is this announcement only valid for US customers?My RMA was refused by UK after-sale.
    That statement is pertinent worldwide. Do you have a ticket regarding that RMA? If you do, you can post it here and I will see what I can do to help you out.

Thread Information