Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Corsair Makes Some Good Products, But...

  1. #1
    Registered+
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts

    Exclamation Corsair Makes Some Good Products, But...

    Corsair makes some good products such as their cases (i.e. the 750D), power supplies and fans.
    However, they in my experience can't make CPU coolers or USB thumb sticks.
    I had a USB 3.0 16gb stick that stopped working for no reason and upon looking online I found other with the same issue.
    I also had the H60 CPU cooler and after just a couple of months it stopped working completely, then I got a Cooler Master 120v and not only
    does it work but it runs cooler than the Corsair ever did.

    So I hope this help anyone looking into buying new parts.

  2. #2
    RGB Champion Ttaskmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    5,301
    Thanks
    209
    Thanked
    559 times in 469 posts
    • Ttaskmaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus X99-PRO
      • CPU:
      • i7 5960X o/c to 4.summat
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair DDR4 somethingorother
      • Storage:
      • Samsung Evo 120GB and Seagate Baracuda 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte G1 GTX980Ti
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 1000W
      • Case:
      • Phankecks Enthoo Luxe perspex window
      • Operating System:
      • Win10 64 Home
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer Predator XB270HU 1440 IPS GSync
      • Internet:
      • BT 0.7Mbps 'In The Sticks' version

    Re: Corsair Makes Some Good Products, But...

    Quote Originally Posted by wwinter86 View Post
    upon looking online I found other with the same issue.
    Do not buy any Intel products.
    Do not buy any AMD products.
    Do not buy Ferraris, Glocks, Fords, Scorpions, Hotpoints, HTCs, Apple products, or indeed anything, ever...

    You name ANY product, I can probably find some people online who have had problems.
    Squawks do not give much in the way of reliability indicators, unless you can compare it to the percentage of products out there. You may find a hundred squawks, but if there are ten million products, that's absolutely nothing.

    A few people I know have had problems with the H100, but mine is absolutely fine and dandy... Same for my Corsair flash drives, Seagate drives and so on...

    You do occasionally get duff ones, but that's what your warranty, guarantee and statutory rights exist against.

  3. #3
    HEXUS.social member Disturbedguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    5,088
    Thanks
    814
    Thanked
    473 times in 350 posts
    • Disturbedguy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rog Strix Z370-H Gaming
      • CPU:
      • i7 8700K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair something or other
      • Storage:
      • 1 x Samsung 960 EVO (250GB) 1 x Samsung 850 EVO (500GB)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 1080Ti
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • 32inch Samsung TV
      • Internet:
      • Crap

    Re: Corsair Makes Some Good Products, But...

    Quote Originally Posted by wwinter86 View Post
    Corsair makes some good products such as their cases (i.e. the 750D), power supplies and fans.
    However, they in my experience can't make CPU coolers or USB thumb sticks.
    I had a USB 3.0 16gb stick that stopped working for no reason and upon looking online I found other with the same issue.
    I also had the H60 CPU cooler and after just a couple of months it stopped working completely, then I got a Cooler Master 120v and not only
    does it work but it runs cooler than the Corsair ever did.

    So I hope this help anyone looking into buying new parts.
    I've got a USB drive, from Corsair, that I've had for at least 7 years and it still works fine.

    If you are having so many problems, I'd say it's you, rather than the equipment, or maybe this is just some poor attempt to promote Cooler Master products.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKTAK View Post
    It didn't fall off, it merely became insufficient at it's purpose and got a bit droopy...

  4. #4
    Registered+
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts

    Re: Corsair Makes Some Good Products, But...

    Like I said I have had some Corsair products I like such as the 750D case and I am not trying to promote Cooler Master as I have only ever had the one product of theirs.

    All I'm saying is that I have had a USB 3.0 stick which I looked after, yet it stopped working out of the blue and nothing (formatting etc) would fix it and looking online I found I am not the only with this issue, plus now the H60 cooler packed up after just a few months and after getting the Cooler Master I now know it was probably never right as the H60 ran hotter and the computer was noisier with it, but with the CM in it is nearly silent.

  5. #5
    RGB Champion Ttaskmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    5,301
    Thanks
    209
    Thanked
    559 times in 469 posts
    • Ttaskmaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus X99-PRO
      • CPU:
      • i7 5960X o/c to 4.summat
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair DDR4 somethingorother
      • Storage:
      • Samsung Evo 120GB and Seagate Baracuda 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte G1 GTX980Ti
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 1000W
      • Case:
      • Phankecks Enthoo Luxe perspex window
      • Operating System:
      • Win10 64 Home
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer Predator XB270HU 1440 IPS GSync
      • Internet:
      • BT 0.7Mbps 'In The Sticks' version

    Re: Corsair Makes Some Good Products, But...

    I had the exact same with a Patriot 64GB USB3.0 flash drive, too - Plenty of folk had it suddenly go duff, yet other products of theirs are some of the best around... Silicon lottery, mate.

  6. #6
    Corsair Rep
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Corsair HQ
    Posts
    488
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked
    69 times in 55 posts

    Re: Corsair Makes Some Good Products, But...

    Quote Originally Posted by wwinter86 View Post
    Like I said I have had some Corsair products I like such as the 750D case and I am not trying to promote Cooler Master as I have only ever had the one product of theirs.

    All I'm saying is that I have had a USB 3.0 stick which I looked after, yet it stopped working out of the blue and nothing (formatting etc) would fix it and looking online I found I am not the only with this issue, plus now the H60 cooler packed up after just a few months and after getting the Cooler Master I now know it was probably never right as the H60 ran hotter and the computer was noisier with it, but with the CM in it is nearly silent.
    Sorry to hear that, winter. It's unfortunate that two Corsair products didn't last longer than you would've expected. The USB issue must have been related to FW being corrupted and has prompted the drive to be unresponsive . Since there is no FW field updater that we can send out to flash it, best is to get it replaced via RMA. Those drives have a 10 year warranty, I'd suggest that you take advantage of that. As for the cooler, the pump might have just died and has caused your CPU temp to climb up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ttaskmaster View Post
    ... Silicon lottery, mate.
    This
    Last edited by Greybeard; 25-09-2014 at 01:09 AM.

  7. #7
    Registered+
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts

    Re: Corsair Makes Some Good Products, But...

    I had my h100 leak but i don't blame corsair for it. It was 3 or 4 years old i think. They also replaced it free of charge except for delivery unfortunately but overall i can't complain. With the amount of products corsair sell something is bound to go wrong at some point, just a fact of life unfortunately.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •