• Morex NUC Case
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit OEM
      • Monitor(s):
      • Benq 24" or Samsung 32" TV
      • Internet:
      • Cable

dismal customer service

I thought that Corsair would have given better service than this.
    Initially I contacted them over 9 weeks ago first via online chat, then via phone (long distance from Australia to the US). My query is, I am swapping a HG10 video card cooler to another reference 290x video card. and wanted to replace the thermal pads as they are squashed quite bad and the pads are torn - how thick are they?. And you would think that this would be relatively easy to answer, or so I thought?
    After being left on hold for at least 15 minutes, they finally told me they had no idea and to complete a ticket to technical support for a quick answer.
    So this I did, plus I added a question about whether it would help the cooling if I glued some extra heatsinks onto the plate over the hot memory chips.
    Now it is nine weeks later and I still have no answer.
    The only time I hear from them is when I complain that I have been forgotten, and when they do contact me, all I get is different excuses. So far the customer service agent (CSA) has sent off a email, no-one else can help (is he the only person that knows how thick they are), the HG10 product manager (HG10PM) was meeting with the CSA but that did not eventuate, the CSA was sick for a couple of weeks, the CSA has sent off multiple emails, they are unable to communicate directly, and there is no other way to contact the HG10PM, i will just have to wait from him to reply.
    So I have a H80i and a HG10 sitting there doing nothing except gathering dust as they sit there being expensive paper weights.
    I am about to sell them and get a NZXT G10 and a Kraken x41.
    At least I know that NZXT has excellent customer service.
    To top it off, I have read a couple of marketing spin statements posted by some Corsair reps -
    1/ "Corsair's customer service representatives are always ready to answer all the possible queries in your mind. The phone number given above is the best way in order to speak or live chat with Corsair technical or sales department quickly."
    2/ "So it means you should not be facing any problem in speaking to Corsair's customer service representatives. Don't be shy in case you are bringing up some trouble questions in your mind, just talk to our customer service representative. At Corsair, customer representatives department is trained to serve you untiringly. Feel free to visit our websites listed below if still there is anything itching your mind regarding Corsair online or live support and phone numbers.?
    Well if this is them "serving me tirelessly", I would beat Rip Van Winkle for time slept while I await their reply, and I can tell you neither of the above quotes are true.
    Many years ago I was told - "The only stupid question is the one you don't ask". In this case it is - "The only stupid answer is when they do not answer".
    Or another saying I came up with - "As we are but mere humans, mistakes are inevitable. The mistakes should not define us, it should be based on how we deal with them".
    I have no idea what Corsair are playing at, but I have lost faith in this company.
    What would it be like if I had a major problem?

Corsair Rep
    Thanks

Re: dismal customer service

First off, I'd like to apologize on behalf of my team for the inconvenience this has caused you. I'll be honest with you, this type of customer service rarely happens, so I am surprised myself as to why that info was never provided to you right then. I hope its not too late, those thermal pads are 1mm thick, and I don't think that adding more pads to the plate that goes on top of the VRMs and VRAM would help in terms of additional cooling, a layer of thermal pad should be sufficient.

Do you mind posting your ticket #? I'd like to look into this myself and find out what went wrong. I'd really appreciate it if you could post it here or send it to me via PM, so we can address it accordingly. I'll discuss this with our customer service team and figure out a way to avoid this type of scenario from ever happening again.

Again, I am sorry that this has happened to you.

3. Received thanks from:

Jonj1611 (26-09-2015)

Thread Information