Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brand new computer keeps freezing in games, might be due to ram(not sure)

Thanks

Re: Brand new computer keeps freezing in games, might be due to ram(not sure)

Hello, i am also having this same freezing in World of Warcarft and CS:S. about 20 mins in i freeze also i tryed a stress test of video and other componets and it freezes when i try a 30 min test. but a 10 min test runs fine. i have tested memory with memtest86 + and its fine. i am at a lost as to what it could be i have installed a new GeForce 8400gs graphics card to replace the one on the motherboard and both do the same thing. so its not video.

any help would be great i am so stressed its not funny anymore.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UCPennyWise View Post
    Hello, i am also having this same freezing in World of Warcarft and CS:S. about 20 mins in i freeze also i tryed a stress test of video and other componets and it freezes when i try a 30 min test. but a 10 min test runs fine. i have tested memory with memtest86 + and its fine. i am at a lost as to what it could be i have installed a new GeForce 8400gs graphics card to replace the one on the motherboard and both do the same thing. so its not video.

any help would be great i am so stressed its not funny anymore.
    Can you list your system specifications? It's impossible to help if we don't know what hardware you have.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowbeard View Post
    Can you list your system specifications? It's impossible to help if we don't know what hardware you have.

yes i have aXFX nForce 630i with Geforce 7150 with integrated Graphics, with a Geforce 8400gs 16x PCI Express card installed all updated.

i have 1GB DDR2 ram i have another 1GB DDR2 ram on order, i have tested it with memtest86+ and it says its fine.

i have a 500GB hard drive

a wireless-G PCI adapter NIC

windows xp pro with sp3 and all updates

my CPU is Intel core 2 quad Q6600 @ 2.40GHz

not sure what else you would need. i have also updated the BIOS

speedfan says....
    GPU: 49c
    Core 0: 32c
    core 1: 32c
    core 3: 31c
    core4: 31c
    temp1: 19c
    temp2: 34c
    temp3: 35c
    HD0: 31c
    Last edited by UCPennyWise; 06-05-2009 at 09:43 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UCPennyWise View Post
    yes i have aXFX nForce 630i with Geforce 7150 with integrated Graphics, with a Geforce 8400gs 16x PCI Express card installed all updated.

i have 1GB DDR2 ram i have another 1GB DDR2 ram on order, i have tested it with memtest86+ and it says its fine.
    What specific memory do you have? Also, have you completely disabled the onboard graphics since you are using the 8400?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowbeard View Post
    What specific memory do you have? Also, have you completely disabled the onboard graphics since you are using the 8400?

Yes i disabled it in Bios and Win xp. i am useing corsair xms2 xtreme DDR2 Memory cm2x1024-6400

Thanks

Well does any one have any help???

Thanks

I need the COMPLETE part number of your memory. List all of the information from the sticker on the modules.

Based on what you have posted, the issue seems as if it is heat or power related and not related to the memory. Do you have any way to test the components another system?

Also, you have attached your post to end of another outdated thread. You may want to go to the Hexus General section and start your own thread there so that your post is not overlooked.

Thanks

ok i have added a 650w power supply and still am having the freezing in game, Please can anyone help me?

Thanks

It seems as if you are narrowing it down. It could be the CPU or the MOBO also. Did you start a thread in the General Help section so that more users can see your post?

Thanks

actually i have the corsair 650 watt PSU

Thanks

Another area is if you have overclocked the PCI bus, this gives random lockups as well, even when running tests like 3dMark pass OK but then play the likes of COH it will lock.

Cheers
    Paul

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Swiftes's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Maximus Formula
      • CPU:
      • Q6600 G0 @ 3.6Ghz [400x9][1.425v]
      • Memory:
      • 2x2Gb XMS2 @ 800Mhz [1:1][4-4-4-15][2.2v]
      • Storage:
      • 7200.11 500Gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX GTX260XT 750/1440/2200
      • PSU:
      • VX450
      • Case:
      • Antec 900-2
      • Operating System:
      • XP x64/Win7 RC1 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG L197WH

Tried Resetting the CMOS?

Is always worth a try for issues such as this.

You could always try different/spare sticks of ram or another psu if you have one!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information