hello everyone!

Did you know, that intel releases microcode to bios and mobo vendors that (as I understand it) uploads from the mobo bios to the actual CPU to fix errata and bugs?
For sandy bridge cpu series, it's even known that the second last micro code version represented slightly higher overclocking speed results than the "last most" version. Here's a dumpmetoahexconsole style link on that.

I have new microcode, it's still fun trying to overclock a 2500 k this evening. The below setup sort of works (I'm having some stability problems trying to make it more volt friendly so I can play with it -- won't go into it!)

The core i 5 2500 k is sold as a 3.3ghz 4 core processor.

I've had it so long that it's not likely I'll get much more from it, but it's nice to try.
It's not as much fun as Titanfall though, that game is amazing fun. I would place it above bf2 and bf3 for fun, due to the campaign modes. Free 48 hours on EA origin now, worth it if you want the 50gb-to-install-to-your-origin-drive download

still fun this.

I'm almost at 4500000000 hertz * 4 as it is so perhaps this means I can skip the 3 to 5 processor generations that followed mid 2011. I believe we're up to 3 with this vendor now, and "one" fullish redesign.

hello mobo/gpu/osdxgfx people please fix PCI-ex 2 16x slots and GPUs (and middleware ?!) for this fast a processor. Thanks!

PS I'm secretly hoping my next system is the other vendor.