Thread: Anything better than DGM IPS-2701WPH for the money?

Thanks

Question Anything better than DGM IPS-2701WPH for the money?

Hi all,

About to take the plunge and get a 27" monitor. It needs VGA for the (work) laptop and DVI and/or HDMI for the (future) gaming system.

I'm using it for work so I think a 1920x1080 won't quite be up to the job on 27" and I think it should really be IPS for colour range and viewing angle. Gamings is more Total War series & Arma so superfast response is less important.

At the moment the DGM IPS-2701WPH is on for £299 @ OcUK. Any better options around the £300 mark??

TIA

Thanks

Re: Anything better than DGM IPS-2701WPH for the money?

Well, I've gone for it! They've sold them all at those prices now and it's now £360.

Hopefully 50 views and no replies = no news is good news!

The only other alternative I could see was one of the Korean direct imports but didn't fancy taking the gamble with customs duties and distance/shipping costs, etc. if there was an issue - at least OcUK will be covered by distance selling regs, warranty and those good things in case the unit is less than perfect!

Fingers crossed it's all good though - it arrives tomorrow!

Thanks
    • DanceswithUnix's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus X470-PRO
      • CPU:
      • 5900X
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 3200MHz ECC
      • Storage:
      • 2TB Linux, 2TB Games (Win 10)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Strix RX Vega 56
      • PSU:
      • 650W Corsair TX
      • Case:
      • Antec 300
      • Operating System:
      • Fedora 39 + Win 10 Pro 64 (yuk)
      • Monitor(s):
      • Benq XL2730Z 1440p + Iiyama 27" 1440p
      • Internet:
      • Zen 900Mb/900Mb (CityFibre FttP)

Do let us know how you get one, looks like a decent value monitor.

I have a few DGM 22" tellies with built in DVD around the house and they have been fine.

Thanks

Well, it arrived this morning and I've done a quick dead pixel check with RGB+B&W screens... and all looks good!

The sheer amount of real estate is incredible! I'm even experimenting with zooming in/enlarging text as there are just so many damn pixels to use!!

It's great for office work (no need to zoom in to align things in Powerpoint, can have two A4 pages open side by side in Word at 100% ans I can see all the way to AM59 in Excel without scrolling!) and full screen video (1080p source) totally fills my field of view. Awesome.

I suspect most of my initial impressions are simply the scale of a 27" monitor (largest I've owned before this was 21"), but putting a nice autumnal wallpaper (so hues of green, yellow, red, etc.) really looks rich and vibrant - especially compared next to the laptop's inbuilt display!

The stand looks awful in the pictures I've seen but isn't that bad IRL and is actually quite well hidden by the lower edge of the screen, so I may not even have to fork out for a VESA arm (and go through the hassle of attaching that (which really is quite a hassle with this screen!)).

I'm really itching to build my gaming box now and try this out on Shogun 2, Arma, etc.!

Thread Information