Thread: Question RE: Dell warranty when bought from scan.co.uk

Registered+
    Thanks

Question RE: Dell warranty when bought from scan.co.uk

It's my understanding that when buying a Dell monitor from scan that's covered by Dell's Premium Panel Guarantee, the warranty remains in scan's name. I was told this by customer services. However the customer service guy I talked to, as helpful as he was, was unable to tell me whether I'd be able to return the monitor directly to Dell with Dell paying the shipping costs (as they do) should I need to make a warranty claim for a defective screen.

So, for those of you who've bought a Dell monitor from scan.co.uk, are you able to deal directly with Dell's customer service when making a warranty claim and crucially, will Dell pay the shipping expenses if I need to return a monitor?

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Question RE: Dell warranty when bought from scan.co.uk

I have successfully had a Dell monitor replaced which wasn't bought from Dell themselves. It was an issue with delamination.
    I just had to be a bit persistent with customer service, but there were no major issues at all.

This was a couple of years ago thoug,h so maybe they've toughened up a bit since then, but it's definitely worth a try.

Thread Information