Thread: G2460PF Fast Charge doesn't work

Thanks

G2460PF Fast Charge doesn't work

Ladies and gents,

I have 2 of these screens, great screens and can't fault them (apart from the colour isn't the best..) however the fast charge port doesn't seem to work. It charges my phone slower than my car...

I have tried both screens and made sure i am plugging into the red port, neither charge the phone quickly. At absolute best I get a trickle charge.

I have downloaded the latest drivers straight from AOC and i have just tried the new beta driver and it still isn't fast charging. 2 hours 4 mins to charge from 60%...

Is there a setting i am missing?
    Last edited by Predator; 11-07-2016 at 05:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoo
    ...and it's *slow* - really slow, slower than a really slow thing swimming through treacle, one handed, and only kicking with one foot.

Thanks

Re: G2460PF Fast Charge doesn't work

USB charging is something of a minefield because several phone manufacturers ignore the official USB charging specs and go for their own proprietary signalling. And it's made far worse by none of the device manufacturers specifying which fast charge signalling they support.

So it probably does work, it just doesn't support the same type of fast charging as your phone so you just get the standard 0.5A that's part of the base USB specification.

You don't say which phone you have or what battery capacity it has so I can't tell whether you're getting even less than that. If you are it's probably down to a high resistance USB cable.

On the positive side, slow charging is better for your phone's battery longevity. Charging it slowly and keeping it at mid levels of charge will both mean the capacity drop from aging will be slower than if you fast charge it and always keep it fully charged.

Thanks

Re: G2460PF Fast Charge doesn't work

Cheers, at least it probably isn't something I'm doing!

It's a 128GB S6 Edge by the way, and using the official samsung cable
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoo
    ...and it's *slow* - really slow, slower than a really slow thing swimming through treacle, one handed, and only kicking with one foot.

Thread Information