Thread: Asus VX278Q monitor, driver issue?

Thanks

Asus VX278Q monitor, driver issue?

Hi guys, I am having an issue getting my monitor to display correctly when ran off my GL502VT laptop via displayport.

The image is incredibly poor quality, text is pixelated etc and graphics in games actually hurts my eyes to look at!

The resolution is correctly set to 1920x1080 and 60hz refresh.

I have looked in device manager and see that the driver for the monitor is a microsoft one from 2006, I have looked on every driver/software page on the Asus site and cannot see windows 10 64-bit drivers anywhere, all that keeps coming up is "multi-frame" software which is no use at all.

Anyone had a similar issue before? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Nasing Speshal's system
      • Motherboard:
      • IPMMB-FM (Formosa)
      • CPU:
      • i7 3770
      • Memory:
      • 12GB DDR3-1600
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Sandisk SSD; 2TB Hitachi HDD; 750GB WD HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX670 FTW 2GB
      • PSU:
      • Delta Electronics DPS-600WB-A
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64-BIT
      • Monitor(s):
      • 40" Full HD TV
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 50mbit/s

Re: Asus VX278Q monitor, driver issue?

Do you have another cable to test it with? Might be just a faulty cable.

Thanks

I was originally using an Hdmi cable, but this was actually worse because win 10 would detect the monitor as a TV and scaling was way off (as well as the above issues). Swapping to DisplayPort cable made win 10 properly detect as Digital display.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Nasing Speshal's system
      • Motherboard:
      • IPMMB-FM (Formosa)
      • CPU:
      • i7 3770
      • Memory:
      • 12GB DDR3-1600
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Sandisk SSD; 2TB Hitachi HDD; 750GB WD HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX670 FTW 2GB
      • PSU:
      • Delta Electronics DPS-600WB-A
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64-BIT
      • Monitor(s):
      • 40" Full HD TV
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 50mbit/s

Hi. Firstly make sure you have the latest VGA drivers: https://www.asus.com/uk/ROG-Republic...Desk_Download/
    Make sure your second display (monitor/TV) scaling is set on Auto.
    To save power your laptop is using dedicated graphics only for heavy graphics applications and games, but sometimes it uses integrated graphics for some heavy GPU applications in which case you have to change it manually. Here is how to make application or game to specifically use dedicated graphics: https://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/doc...Name=Solutions (I know that the link is for lenovo, but this procedure is the same for all make laptops with nvidia dedicated GPU). Try launching the game now and see if it has made any change. Also change settings to your laptop so it is displaying on secondary screen only - this way, when you are playing, your GPU has less to render and your performance should increase.
    Let me know how it goes, as if that does not help, then I have some more options left for you to check.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nasing Speshal View Post
    Hi. Firstly make sure you have the latest VGA drivers:
    Make sure your second display (monitor/TV) scaling is set on Auto.
    To save power your laptop is using dedicated graphics only for heavy graphics applications and games, but sometimes it uses integrated graphics for some heavy GPU applications in which case you have to change it manually. Here is how to make application or game to specifically use dedicated graphics: (I know that the link is for lenovo, but this procedure is the same for all make laptops with nvidia dedicated GPU). Try launching the game now and see if it has made any change. Also change settings to your laptop so it is displaying on secondary screen only - this way, when you are playing, your GPU has less to render and your performance should increase.
    Let me know how it goes, as if that does not help, then I have some more options left for you to check.
    Thank you for your reply, I have been having a back and forth exchange with ASUS support staff who have suggested the same things. I reverted back to thier "lastest" VGA drivers (10 months old), using a clean install but it made no difference so I have updated to the newest Nvidia drivers again. Within the Nvidia control panel I have set my 3D settings to always use the dedicated Nvidia GPU, as well as changing settings like prefer maximum quality, highest setting for text rendering etc.

I'm not sure about the auto scaling setting? Cant see to find anything like that in the monitors menu. I do have it set to use my external monitor only, have res set to 1920x1080 @ 60P Hz.

I've played around with just about every setting I can find in both the Intel and Nvidia graphics menus, just can't seem to improve the texture rendering. Pretty much residing myself to either go back to my 22" monitor or put up with the lower quality on the 27".

Thread Information