Thread: BenQ EX3203R Question

Thanks

Question BenQ EX3203R Question

I just got a brand new BenQ EX3203R display and I have a pair of Radeon RX480 GPU's connected via the display port cable that came with the monitor. The colors seem to be washed out especially red. The display is supposed to run at 2560x1440 with Freesync2 at 144hz. The best I can get it to run at is 100hz instead of 144hz. I've looked all over for more information on getting it to run as described. Is it possible that I need to find a DC that is designed for the Freesync2 or do I need to move up to a better video card such as one in the 500 card or the Vega 64 or 56 to run everything properly?

Long member
    Thanks
    • philehidiot's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Father's bored
      • CPU:
      • Cockroach brain V0.1
      • Memory:
      • Innebriated, unwritten
      • Storage:
      • Big Yellow Self Storage
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Semi chewed Crayola Mega Pack
      • PSU:
      • 20KW single phase direct grid supply
      • Case:
      • Closed, Open, Cold
      • Operating System:
      • Cockroach
      • Monitor(s):
      • The mental health nurses
      • Internet:
      • Please.

Re: BenQ EX3203R Question

There are a few factors that might well be resolved using your settings.

Firstly bandwidth / processing oomph. If you're running 10bits colour at 144MHz you may need a new DP cable which supports the same bandwidth as the monitor. So check what cable you're using for starters Vs the version of Display Port the monitor is using.

Then you can delve into the menus. It's possible that your monitor will support 144MHz only specific circumstances. Bit depth may have to be sacrificed or chroma subsampling may drop to 4,2,2 rather than 4,4,4. It may also drop off HDR for compatibility. It sounds like the monitor probably does have these compromises and is probably in a full on compatibility mode out of the box.

Actually, sod the cable. For starters, is HDR on? It's got poopy compatibility with Windows and will look awful on the desktop unless they've fixed it. Turn that off and see what happens.

Thread Information