Hi there
I have for some years now a Samsung QLED 24 CFG70 monitor, 24 inch 144hz freesync with no HDR but 125% sRGB and a good stab at full DCI-P3 (?) colour space.

I really like it, but unfortunately now I'm running it at 144hz it has a fault (that's honestly been there all the time but I ignored it lol) where it takes 15-20 mins from cold off status to properly show a picture at 144hz. The picture otherwise shows lines all over it, with the top of the screen slowly becoming more visible over those 20 mins. I believe it's related to the horizontal lines and flickering a lot of people see on the bottom of their monitor when refresh changes in games on quite a few Samsung VA freesync monitors. At 120Hz over HDMI it clears up more quickly. I have set it to 100 for now.

In any case, I am wondering if I should upgrade given this or just leave it on lol.

The CFG73 is basically the same monitor as this one, and a lot more expensive, with a different stand and some claimed fixes, though apparently issues persist. I will probably skip it.
The other option is the G7(5) Odyssey which is impressive, matches my monitor specs but 32 inch, 1440p and 240hz. It also has a newer VA panel capable of real 1ms refresh unlike mine which does 4ms or 'flickery' 1ms. However it's like 450-500 which is on the top end of my budget and I don't want 1440p that much. I would prefer 1440p ultrawide curved qled ideally, but hey. The G9 is out, too wide probably.

Are there other display technologies coming? Anyone got a monitor, maybe even IPS, that they are very happy with? I would like 120hz and 1440p minimum, 27 inch, or the ultrawide equiv with more space on the sides.

Thanks everyone!