Thread: HELP - New BIOS killed RC410L/800-M

Thanks

Unhappy HELP - New BIOS killed RC410L/800-M

I flashed my RC410L/800-M v2.0 motherboard with the latest BIOS on ECS site 06-26-2006 version and now my motherboard will not boot.

I can clear the CMOS memory and get the BIOS menu but once I saved the settings, the system stops dead. No video, no access to floppy. I set up a MS-DOS boot floppy but w/o access, I cannot re-flash the BIOS.

Any ideas is most appreciated.

Thank you.

Thanks
    try to set everything to a very relaxed seting.maybe the new bios changed something ya memory or cpu dont like

Thanks
    Thanks for the input but I have reset everything. The BIOS allow me to set the CMOS clock but once I save that, it just gives me a blank screen. It will not boot off a MSDOS floppy. I have disconnected CD & HD. The BIOS flash is unfortunately soldered, not socketed.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks
    Did your mobo come with TopHat flash?? (a little bios chip that come with your mobo, in a seperate bag)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pplwin
    Thanks for the input but I have reset everything. The BIOS allow me to set the CMOS clock but once I save that, it just gives me a blank screen. It will not boot off a MSDOS floppy. I have disconnected CD & HD. The BIOS flash is unfortunately soldered, not socketed.

Any ideas anyone?
    Any luck? My POS board did the same thing just now...

-N

Thanks

same problem

are there any more ideas for this issue? i'm having the exact same problems!!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by a9114me View Post
    are there any more ideas for this issue? i'm having the exact same problems!!!
    ECS is claiming that this has nothing to do with them.

They issued an RMA for my board with NO EXPLANATION as to why they'd release this God-awful BIOS update.

And, note they will replace your motherboard with a USED/REMANUFACTURED board - NO NEW RMA replacements!!!

I am considering a BBB filing against them.

This is unreal.

Second RMA for this POS.

-N

Thanks
    Same thing here got this email from ECS:

If the system doesn't bootup at all after the BIOS flash, the BIOS might have been corrupted, flash with a wrong file or was unsuccessful. Try clearing the CMOS jumper for at least 10 second with AC source unplug, longer time will allow the current or the memory to drain completely, reboot the system. If the system won't bootup on a floppy to re-program the BIOS, please contact your vendor for RMA service.
    Thank you for using ECS products

No mention that their BIOS release is garbage, has anyone actually updated their system with this rls and been successful?? I had already done everything they've suggested btw as i explained in my email to them...never buying ECS again. this has been BS from the beginning.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by a9114me View Post
    Same thing here got this email from ECS:
    No mention that their BIOS release is garbage, has anyone actually updated their system with this rls and been successful?? I had already done everything they've suggested btw as i explained in my email to them...never buying ECS again. this has been BS from the beginning.
    Ditto. Their response to me when asked why they released a crappy BIOS:

"A lot of our customers have BIOS failures during an BIOS upgrade. In that case the only thing we can propose would be to return the motherboard to the RMA department and have them ship you a replacement BIOS. "

You think??? Why don't you release regression tested BIOS, then??? I sent mine back to the retailer, and now they don't even carry this POS, so hopefully I'll get something from ANOTHER COMPANY.

-N

Thanks

HELP - New BIOS killed RC410L/800-M

I just updated my RC410L/800-M BIOS but found I had to
    use the Taiwan website to get the correct date BIOS and flash
    utility.
    The US site has back-dated S/W labeled as current revision so buyer beware !

Thanks

Question new bios killed my rc410l/800-m

found 2 problems with my board unstable with 2 sticks of 512 ddr2 667 and also windows vista rc1 will not load just get the blue sceen of death xp loads fine found update that related to memory issue and upped voltage first and found this did not help then did bios update now it will boot 1 time show cmos error and wrong clock set clock load optimal setting and restart and all you get is a black screen any ideas this seems to be a big issue thanks

Thanks

How stupid of me

Quote Originally Posted by ncoig View Post
    Ditto. Their response to me when asked why they released a crappy BIOS:

"A lot of our customers have BIOS failures during an BIOS upgrade. In that case the only thing we can propose would be to return the motherboard to the RMA department and have them ship you a replacement BIOS. "

You think??? Why don't you release regression tested BIOS, then??? I sent mine back to the retailer, and now they don't even carry this POS, so hopefully I'll get something from ANOTHER COMPANY.

-N
    I had lots of issues with my system,, i had this ECS RC410L/800-M mother board with 1gb of ram and intel dual core cpu. Though this computer was performing well, it was very unstable. I used to get frequent hangs when i was using word etc, then I started getting blue screens whenever i used a printer (connected thru USB) to print some pictures or so. then i tried to connect my camera (thru USB) and got those blue screens. tried everything and resorted to flashing BIOS by downloading the BIOS from ECS website , and bingo my system is dead now. I see all of you have experienced this problem, what is the solution to this problem ? ! i bought this mother board from NEWEGG, I see from all the posts here that ECS will not help. Should I ask for replacing the mother board by New egg ? if so what reasons i shud give ?

what is the solution for me ? kindly please help.

thanks and rgds

Thanks
    forget the 1 gig of ram and get another chip to back up your flash ill gaurentee it will kill the board when you flash contact the bbb and the consumer protection division of the attorney generals office in your state that is what im doing ecs just plays stupid they state its a bad flash but i think its bad chips and they are well aware of it

Thanks
    I will close the thread now!

We tested the BIOS versions of all our mirror servers and none of them failed!

If you updated the BIOS in an unstable Windows environment, with defective memory or floppy disk then it's your fault not ours.

Please go to http://www.biosflash.de/e/index.htm
    They can reflash broken BIOS chips.

I will make an new sticky thread "How to flash your BIOS" asap. It will cover BIOS flashing in DOS/Win with some simple steps and rules which you should follow!

Thread Information