• MSI GTX 980
      • PSU:
      • Coresair RM750
      • Case:
      • Akasa Mirage
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell WFP 2407

Rock Band Information Overload

This is the one game that may tempt me to get a 360 if there is no Wii version (that isn't going to be missing huge points like online play and downloadable content)

http://www.gwn.com/news/story.php/id..._Overload.html

Rock Band delivers four music games in one – challenging rockers to master lead/bass guitar, drums and vocals or play collectively as a whole band. Built on unprecedented deals with top record labels and music publishers, the music featured in Rock Band spans all genres of rock and includes many master recordings from legendary artists. Rock Band will be released on the Xbox 360 videogame and entertainment system and the PLAYSTATION3 computer entertainment system in Holiday 2007.

Guitar gameplay
    Rock blistering solos to rock’s best tunes! Challenge your rock star status on the screen while strumming a slick guitar that’s modeled after the legendary Fender Stratocaster.

Singing gameplay
    The ultimate kick for Freddie Mercury wannabe’s. Using a Karaoke-style interface, players’ vocal performance is rated as they sing into the microphone.

Drum gameplay
    Capture the power, physicality, and sheer fun of real drumming with Rock Band’s custom drum kit controller featuring four pads, kick pedal, and real drum sticks.

Bass gameplay
    Bust out defying rock rhythm with the bass guitar option, which offers different parts to play in every song, and some unique gameplay twists.

MODES

Master the basics! No need for experience. Pick your weapon of choice and ascend from beginner to rock god using Rock Band’s Tutorial Mode.Perfect your tune! Breakdown any part of any song at your preferred speed with Rock Band’s Practice Mode.

Instant fix of fun! Jump into any unlocked song for some quick jam time either on your own or with other players with Rock Band’s Quickplay Mode.

Take it on the road! Pack up your instrument of choice and set out on the open road for a fun and challenging single player career mode with Rock Band’s Solo Tour Mode.

Conquer the world! Live the ultimate rock band lifestyle when you form a band locally or online and set out on tour. The journey to rock stardom takes you from small town bars to world-renowned venues. Earn fame and fortune along the way to secure rock star necessities with Rock Band’s Band World Tour Mode.

FEATURES

Unrivaled song library! Major record labels and leading music publishers have signed on to provide unrivaled access to master recordings and legendary rock artists – from punk, metal and alternative to classic and southern rock.

Rock ‘n’ Roll Never Dies! Full support for downloadable content delivers never-ending challenges.

Play together in your living room or across the world! Rock Band offers deep online functionality, allowing players to rock together whether they’re in Rhode Island or Reykjavik.

Create your own rock avatar! Mold a unique rocker using Rock Band’s character creator. Chose from gender, body shape, face, hair, clothes, tattoos and signature moves. Don’t forget to pick your specialized rockin’ instrument.

Drumming in the spotlight! Showcase a real drum solo with Rock Band’s freestyle drum fill windows featured in each song. Break out your own rhythm and style as anything goes!

Call out the crowd! Vocalists can bring the crowd to their feet during Rock Band’s freestyle vocal fill windows. Ad-lib your own words or shout to the crowd to raise the rock intensity of the performance.

Save your mates! Band mates can fail out of a song for poor performance, but the band still plays on. Rescue your failing mate by busting out signature moves and blistering solos to wow the crowd with showmanship.

Boost your bonus! Earn bonus points for your band during Rock Band’s Unison Phrase opportunities if everyone plays perfectly. A single mistake blows the phrase for everyone.

Songs

Major record labels and leading music publishers have signed on to provide unrivaled access to master recordings and legendary rock artists with hits from the 70’s, 80’s, 90’s and 2000’s. Record labels partnering with MTV Games and Harmonix include EMI Music, Hollywood Records, Sony BMG Music Entertainment, Universal Music Group’s Universal Music Enterprises and Warner Music Group’s Rhino Entertainment. Music publishers partnering with MTV Games and Harmonix include EMI Music Publishing and Warner/Chappel Music.

Instruments

Guitar Controller

* Modeled after the legendary Fender Stratocaster and used for both guitar and bass parts.
    * A second set of fret buttons on the neck of the guitar. Using these buttons players can “finger tap” notes in solos - no strumming required
    * A five-way FX switch lets players choose their own showboating audio FX, including flanger, wah wah, echo, and chorus
    * Wired & Wireless versions

Drum Controller

* Captures the raw power, physicality, and sheer enjoyment of real drumming.
    * Big circular pads that can take a bashing
    * An awesome foot pedal that emulates the resistance and speed of a real kick drum pedal
    * Real drum sticks
    * Built in joypad with buttons and direction pad for easy control of menus and other UI

Microphone

* Let’s players belt out the lyrics to some of the most recognizable rock anthems of all time!
    * Hand held microphone with authentic styling and weight
    * Rates singers in real-time, using pitch, rhythm and phoneme detection
    * Percussion breaks – tap the mic against your hand to play the tambourine and cowbell notes

Thanks
    • mycarsavw's system
      • Motherboard:
      • P8H77-M Pro
      • CPU:
      • i5 3350P
      • Memory:
      • 16Gb
      • Storage:
      • Lots
      • Graphics card(s):
      • R9 285
      • PSU:
      • HX 620w
      • Case:
      • FD Define Mini
      • Operating System:
      • W10
      • Monitor(s):
      • BenQ G2420HDBL + GL2450HT
      • Internet:
      • Sky
    http://www.gwn.com/news/story.php/id...Band_News.html < Mentions possible Wii support.

I'd have thought the track listing will play the biggest part in sales but can't seem to find it anywhere.
    |Kata: "Read title as 'fisting'. Not sure why I clicked. Relieved, really."|
    |TAKTAK: "It was so small that mine wouldn't fit into it"|

Thanks
    • Spitfire01's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B75-G41
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 3770
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 980
      • PSU:
      • Coresair RM750
      • Case:
      • Akasa Mirage
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell WFP 2407
    no official listings yet.. sometime next week apparently though.

Yea I saw the possible wii version but wil it be stripped down too much? graphically I don't care but I don't want to be missing online or downloadable stuff. just save them on an SD card they are cheap enough now-a-days

Thanks
    • Lee H's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z370 Carbon Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 8700K Unlocked CPU
      • Memory:
      • 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 LPX
      • Storage:
      • 250GB 960 EVO + a few more drives
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 6GB Palit GTX 1060 Dual
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750W Modular Blue
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T White Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 PRO
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus MX279H & 24" Acer 3D GD245HQ + the 3D glasses
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media
    This sounds great

Imagine how much all the controllers and the game is going to cost though.

I reckon at least 200 pounds so it's an expensive game which might put a few folks off really.

Thanks
    • Spitfire01's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B75-G41
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 3770
      • Memory:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 980
      • PSU:
      • Coresair RM750
      • Case:
      • Akasa Mirage
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell WFP 2407
    mThat aspect may put people off but harmonix have said they have tried to reduce the price of things alot. It's a case of wait and see of packages.. but you're right I see &#163;&#163;&#163; written all over this.

Thanks
    • Blademrk's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Sabertooth
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core I5
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 8 Gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • onboard Intel Graphics (for now)
      • PSU:
      • Corsair
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22" Dell & 20" DELL 2005w
      • Internet:
      • 32mb/sec Sky BB
    I still want to get Rock Hero 2 for the 360 (only thing holding me back is I've already got the PS2 version with 2 guitars) hopefully the guitar that comes with the 360 RH2 can be recycled to the bass on this one (since it doesn't have the finger tap frets)
    Feel Free to add me to your Raptr, XFire, XBL or PSN Friend List
    My Steam Profile - Hexus Steam Community

Thanks
    • Spitfire01's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B75-G41
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 3770
      • Memory:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 980
      • PSU:
      • Coresair RM750
      • Case:
      • Akasa Mirage
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell WFP 2407
    you don't "need" the finger tap frets and I think I saw them mention that all Xbox360 guitars from guitar hero 2 will work with rock band..as a guitar or bass

Thanks
    This does sound great. I still can't get over Guitar Hero, unbelievable! The only bad thing about it is that you can't choose your own songs.

Thanks
    • Spitfire01's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B75-G41
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 3770
      • Memory:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 980
      • PSU:
      • Coresair RM750
      • Case:
      • Akasa Mirage
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell WFP 2407
    I see that as a bit of a flaw in teh system but with downloadable content i'm sure they will take suggestions (even if you have to pay to get the song in the end anyway)

Thanks
    Did anyone else catch the Rockband gameplay vid on youtube before it was taken down ? Looked amazing. Cant wait for this now after seeing it in action.

Thanks
    • Spitfire01's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B75-G41
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 3770
      • Memory:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 980
      • PSU:
      • Coresair RM750
      • Case:
      • Akasa Mirage
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell WFP 2407
    which gameplay vid? the "old build" one playing "Welcome to the Jungle"??? it is still on gametrailers I believe. http://www.gametrailers.com/player/u...ies/79705.html

Thread Information