Thread: Do you play the MMORPG Entropia Universe?

Thanks

Do you play the MMORPG Entropia Universe?

I've never heard of this game, but read something about it today and saw that it has over 1/2 million users. I wondered if anyone played it here and what makes it so great?

At the games convention the company behind it are apparently set to reveal some amazing new graphics created by the Crytek game engine that will appear in the MMORPG next year.

http://www.entropiauniverse.com/index.var

Thanks
    • Lee H's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z370 Carbon Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 8700K Unlocked CPU
      • Memory:
      • 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 LPX
      • Storage:
      • 250GB 960 EVO + a few more drives
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 6GB Palit GTX 1060 Dual
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750W Modular Blue
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T White Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 PRO
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus MX279H & 24" Acer 3D GD245HQ + the 3D glasses
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media

Re: Do you play the MMORPG Entropia Universe?

I did.

Registered, downloaded the client, tried to connect and failed a few times and then totally forgot about it.

Isn't the fact that the in game "money" transferrable to real life currencies one of the main attractions? So instead of grinding for cash like in WoW for nothing except better equipment you can actually get the cash from the game and go and spend it?

IIRC 10 in-game credits is the equivalent of 1 US dollar.
    Last edited by Lee H; 17-08-2007 at 02:18 PM.

Thanks
    • Ciber's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Prime X470 Pro
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 5 3600
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Team Group
      • Storage:
      • ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB + 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX960 Strix
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Prime Ultra Snow Silent 650W
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Enthoo Pro
      • Operating System:
      • W10 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus PG329Q
      • Internet:
      • Vodafone Fibre

I kind of like the sound of entropia at times, but the whole thing of ingame currency being linked to real money I think might make it more like work than play.

I quit eve online after a few months of selling isk on ebay, it started feeling like a second job and a badly paid one as isk prices started falling rapidly at that and not at all like a game for enjoyment. Not to mention that it feels wrong helping lamers waste real cash on a kind of 'cheating' and getting and unfair advantage ingame because of their real life relative wealth. Needless to say I sold my high skilled character for alot of isk and then sold the isk for a few hundred pounds. Sad act I am eh?

It's one of the **** things about wow and other MMOs as well, ppl buying gold etc from farmers are ruining those games for everyone IMHO. I avoid games where I know that kind of things go on. Though I do sometimes wonder if I could make mym fortune, but would I end up liking myself that much?

At least 'games' like entropia, and I use that term very loosely are honest about the real life cash link I suppose.

Thanks

Hi! I popped in here looking for something else...and had a quick search to see if anyone plays Entropia, seems not.

Well I have for 3 years now, and I thought I'd just update you a little since the info on here is poor at best and total rubbish at worst

CryEngine2 is now up and running. It took a fair while and still isn't 100% as far as the gameplay is concerned so some of us are still missing little systems from the older version. The company Mindarknehave now formed a conpany called FPC (First Planet Company) which runs the only planet ATM Calypso...but very soon several other planets run by other companies will launch and things will be very different. Rocktropia is music based planet with links to MotorHead and Lemmy for example, and those guys who made the islands shaped like the wold in the middle east also have one ready to kick off that looks nice.

As for looks...have a search on YouTube for Entropia CE2 or Entropia VU10 you'll have some idea of how it looks now.
    Mindstar9 makes nice videos on there.

It needs a fair machine to get the best out of the graphics now so not all videos reflect the real quality possible. The links will require a little fix as I'm too new to post urls. Sorry about that

There's no cash card...that was never released but is still on the agebda....Mindark now had a RL bank licence in Sweden where it's based, so make what you will of that, not likely to be a scam though eh?

A new thing currently being added what wasn't previously part of the game is "missions" ..what you would probably call quests. FPC are keen to get player feedback on this and get them running. That is nice from our point of view as MA never were great at communication with us players.

Entropiaforum is the place to swing by if you fancy EU and want to ask some Q's ...I'm same nick there and ingame so feel free to bug me too.

Hope to see some of you in there one day. Interesting new stuff happening all the time in all this expansion so it's a pretty good time to be around. ;}

Be lucky

t

Thanks

Personally i've not played it, everytime i looked into it i hit the wall of negativity that follows this game around, do a google search.

Entropia User Review

I say make your own mind up, i decided not to play it, and i wouldn't consider listening to a 1 post member of these forums, *sorry Timmmers but for all we know you work for them.

Edit: Ugh a thread from 2007...
    Insert signature here.

Thanks
    • Knoxville's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel X58
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 920
      • Memory:
      • 2GB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATi HD3450
      • PSU:
      • Generic
      • Case:
      • Cheap and nasty
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" LG LCD
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20mb

Quote Originally Posted by Yosh View Post
    Personally i've not played it, everytime i looked into it i hit the wall of negativity that follows this game around, do a google search.

Entropia User Review

I say make your own mind up, i decided not to play it, and i wouldn't consider listening to a 1 post member of these forums, *sorry Timmmers but for all we know you work for them.

I don't think timmers does work for them to be fair to him. I just hopped over and took a look at the Entropia forums and he's not listed as staff/admin or anything similar. He's just a new member who's been playing plenty of Entropia and has stopped by to give us his opinion on it by the looks of things

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yosh View Post

*insert gamespot review here*

No I don't work for MA ...in fact when they totally screwed up the recent CE2 change by releasing it too fast I was vocal to say the least about that. Unlike your boy over at gamespot, I have played it since 2005.
    My 7 week go at Project Entropia (review)

* Posted Dec 10, 2005 1:21 pm GMT
    * Recommended by 20 of 25 users.
    I hope you don't buy your hardware on recomends from that far back...you'd still be playing pacman is that's so.

I popped in for something else completely, had a search out of interest...and saw some people criticising something wrongly and with zero experience of it. That last part is still the case.
    Odd really since making your own mind up costs nothing at all.

The really funny thing in all this ...that guy reviewing EU back in 2005 would have items worth so much in real cash now it's not funny. Man would I be angry if I'd done that. Some of the really uber stuff that players can loot stopped appearing just around 2006/7 and scarcity makes them expensive now. A limited number are appearing again for a one off period now...not that most of us will manage to get much of it. Cleverdick there could have had quite a haul back in the day

You were spot on Knoxville, and you'll have no problem finding me on the Entropiaforum (which isn't company owned or run BTW) ..I'll maybe end up a 10 post member here, but EF is my place not here.

2005 lol, how funny is that?

gnight all

t

HEXUS.social member Disturbedguy's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Disturbedguy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rog Strix Z370-H Gaming
      • CPU:
      • i7 8700K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair something or other
      • Storage:
      • 1 x Samsung 960 EVO (250GB) 1 x Samsung 850 EVO (500GB)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 1080Ti
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • 32inch Samsung TV
      • Internet:
      • Crap

Quote Originally Posted by timmmers;
    2005 lol, how funny is that?
    About as funny as digging up a two year old post to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKTAK View Post
    It didn't fall off, it merely became insufficient at it's purpose and got a bit droopy...

Thanks

Hey forgive me..I assumed this was a forum where people were interested in what's current...I'll leave you in peace since you prefer to rely on old reports.

t

10. Received thanks from:

MadduckUK (07-12-2009)

Thanks
    • MadduckUK's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 3200 DDR4
      • Storage:
      • 1x480GB SSD, 1x 2TB Hybrid, 1x 3TB Rust Spinner
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon 5700XT
      • PSU:
      • Corsair TX750w
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Enthoo Evolv mATX
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung SJ55W, DELL S2409W
      • Internet:
      • Plusnet 80

Quote Originally Posted by timmmers View Post
    Hey forgive me..I assumed this was a forum where people were interested in what's current...I'll leave you in peace since you prefer to rely on old reports.

t
    thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ephesians
    Do not be drunk with wine, which will ruin you, but be filled with the Spirit
    Vodka

Thread Information