Thread: Two Worlds Demo (similar to Oblivion)

Thanks
    • Mithrandir's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Biostar TP45-HP
      • CPU:
      • C2D e4600 (w/ Xigmatek Red Scorpion)
      • Memory:
      • OCZ ReaperX (2x2gb)
      • Storage:
      • Samsung F1 500gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • xfx 9600gt Alphadog edition
      • PSU:
      • Xigmatek NRP-MC651
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Cavalier 3 silver (windowed)
      • Monitor(s):
      • Fujitsu Siemens SCALEOVIEW D22W-1

Two Worlds Demo (similar to Oblivion)

Not seen a thread on this yet, but I donwloaded and played the demo last night. It seems okay although a lot of similarities to Obivlion (lock picking, plucking plants, etc)
    Graphically it's very nice although there are some dodgy glitches such as the sky going funny and HDR affecting too much brightness such as sun reflecting in water.
    Haven't figured out combat moves yet though unless its only swinging the sword.
    Personally, I think Im too attached to Oblivion at the moment and think this is about 1-2 years too late. btw, nicer frame reates when compared to Oblivion though, and graphically this is nicer when comapred with Oblivion without mods albeit with some dodgy parts.

Anyway HERE is the link for the demo.
    Cavalier-X: Biostar TP45-HP ¦ E4600@3.1ghz - Xigmatek Red Scorpion (OCZ Freeze) ¦ OCZ ReaperX 2x2gb (792mhz @ 4-4-4--12) ¦ Xigmatek NRP-MC651 ¦
    Palit 8800gt ¦ X-fi Fatal1ty Gamer ¦ Coolermaster Cavalier 3 (Silver/Windowed) ¦

Poseidon Magma: MSI P45 Zilent ¦ E6300@3.0ghz - Coolermaster Hyper 212 (MX-2) ¦ Corsair 2x2gb (880mhz @ 5-5-5-15) ¦ Corsair HX450w ¦
    xfx 9600gt Alphadog edition (780/1950/1000) ¦ X-fi Gamer ¦ Gigabyte Poseiden ¦

Thanks
    • Mithrandir's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Biostar TP45-HP
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • OCZ ReaperX (2x2gb)
      • Storage:
      • Samsung F1 500gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Xigmatek NRP-MC651
      • Case:
      • Monitor(s):

Re: Two Worlds Demo (similar to Oblivion)

Cavalier-X: Biostar TP45-HP ¦ E4600@3.1ghz - Xigmatek Red Scorpion (OCZ Freeze) ¦ OCZ ReaperX 2x2gb (792mhz @ 4-4-4--12) ¦ Xigmatek NRP-MC651 ¦
    Palit 8800gt ¦ X-fi Fatal1ty Gamer ¦ Coolermaster Cavalier 3 (Silver/Windowed) ¦

Poseidon Magma: MSI P45 Zilent ¦ E6300@3.0ghz - Coolermaster Hyper 212 (MX-2) ¦ Corsair 2x2gb (880mhz @ 5-5-5-15) ¦ Corsair HX450w ¦

Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish

There's a relatively important patch for the demo if I remember correctly, though they might have already applied it to the download ones now.

The multiplayer aspect of 2W could be interesting, but I was a bit put off by the reviews.

4. Received thanks from:

kidzer (23-08-2007)

Thanks
    • acrobat's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte DS4 965p Revision 2
      • CPU:
      • E6600
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 4gig DDR 800 (C4)
      • Storage:
      • two 320gig Seagate Barracudas, and one 750 gig Seagate Barracuda (7200.10) and a 750gig same brand.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 8800GTX
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 620
      • Case:
      • Akasa Eclipse 62
      • Monitor(s):
      • Apple Cinema Display 20"
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media - Slow, expensive rip off, Indian customer service. Great choice eh? :C

The massive patch was released on tuesday. Its huuuge. (About a gig and a half).

As for the graphics, I am disappointed. Sometimes it looks great (better than Oblivion), but a lot of the time it looks crap. It depends a lot, on which part of the game world you are in. It can be improved with tweaking though, but I still never got it to look really great, and that annoyed me. Distant views look rubbish. And grass appears in a large area around the player, so as you are running, the grass is magically appearing out of thin air. Looks real pants... You can increase the distance this happens by editing files in the game though, or by downloading a player made control panel. That seemed to make it a lot better - but not perfect. ((Note: Some people say you get used to this after a while. I don't know if that is true or not - i suspect it depends on the individual)

As for the oblivion comparison, from what I've read, its basically the same kind of experience. I know all RPG's now days are the same... but still... The general philosophy seems to be:

"If you don't have Oblivion... Buy Two Worlds instead. If you have Oblivion though, don't bother with Two Worlds".

Whether thats true for everybody, I don't know. Personally, I hated Oblivion, and from what I have seen of this game, I think it will be a bit better, but still not my cup of tea.

P.S> Mithrandir, there is an option (a slider) to change how much effect HDR has. This is present in the finished game, but may not be available in the demo. My mate has the finished game though and I've been playing it. You can slide the HDR slider all the way up, and it looks like a neuclear power station blew up. Or you can lower it all the way and it looks like there is no HDR at all. I liked it in the middle.
    Last edited by acrobat; 23-08-2007 at 01:59 PM.

Thanks
    • Mithrandir's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Biostar TP45-HP
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • OCZ ReaperX (2x2gb)
      • Storage:
      • Samsung F1 500gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Xigmatek NRP-MC651
      • Case:
      • Monitor(s):

Quote Originally Posted by acrobat View Post

P.S> Mithrandir, there is an option (a slider) to change how much effect HDR has. This is present in the finished game, but may not be available in the demo. My mate has the finished game though and I've been playing it. You can slide the HDR slider all the way up, and it looks like a neuclear power station blew up. Or you can lower it all the way and it looks like there is no HDR at all. I liked it in the middle.

Thanks, I slide mine all the way up and I think thats what's causing too much birghtness. For example, the right side of the sky would be white and the left side blue.
    True what you cay about the draw. It's a bit patchy in places, I just feel the combat side of things is not there (different ways of swinging sword/blocking, etc) Will need to look closer into this though.

Not sure if that 1.5 gig patch is for the full game only. The demo is only 900mb and going onto the official site there is a patch only for the CD versions so I guess they've included it in the demos.
    Personally I'd recommend Oblivion over this.

Thanks
    • acrobat's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • E6600
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • two 320gig Seagate Barracudas, and one 750 gig Seagate Barracuda (7200.10) and a 750gig same brand.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 8800GTX
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 620
      • Case:
      • Akasa Eclipse 62
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media - Slow, expensive rip off, Indian customer service. Great choice eh? :C

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir View Post
    Thanks, I slide mine all the way up and I think thats what's causing too much birghtness. For example, the right side of the sky would be white and the left side blue.
    True what you cay about the draw. It's a bit patchy in places, I just feel the combat side of things is not there (different ways of swinging sword/blocking, etc) Will need to look closer into this though.

Not sure if that 1.5 gig patch is for the full game only. The demo is only 900mb and going onto the official site there is a patch only for the CD versions so I guess they've included it in the demos.
    Personally I'd recommend Oblivion over this.
    Ahh yeah the 1.5gig is for the full game. I am not sure about the patch for the demo, didnt know there was one. As for the HDR slider, you will find its MUCH better looking if you drop that down to about a third (maybe a half).

The combat is the only thing that keeps me even vaguely interested in this game. I am still trying to figure it out. Its interesting because some people say its terrible, and some people say its the best part of the game.... And even although I've played it myself, I still think that is understandable, because there is no instructions and no tutorial. At first I was just hack! hack! hacking! away. But I later realised you could use quite clever techniques. One of them for example, is that you can jump forwards and backwards (an individual key for each direction of jump). So you can jump in and hack away at the creatures, and then just before they bite you, you can jump back and avoid their attacks. It makes it seem quite interactive and cool. And the magic system seems miles better than Oblivion. But still... I still can't make my mind up, about whether its going to make the game great, or if I would master the combat system in a week and then it wouldn't be interesting anymore.

I wouldnt have a clue whether to recommend oblivion or not really. People who have played both extensively recommend this though. So I would give them the benefit of the doubt. But Oblivion has a pair of expansions now (or more) and I wonder if that would make it better overall. Or if that was already being taken into account by these people.

But whatever I just hope people manage to get whichever game suits them best, or even both if that is right for them.

8. Received thanks from:

Mithrandir (23-08-2007)

Thanks
    • Mithrandir's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Biostar TP45-HP
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • OCZ ReaperX (2x2gb)
      • Storage:
      • Samsung F1 500gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Xigmatek NRP-MC651
      • Case:
      • Monitor(s):

Thanks acrobat. I turned the HDR down and it's better. Now I can see the details on my sword rather than holding a white light saber.

I also realised I didn't turn on shadows, dof, etc Makes it look even better.

Thanks
    • dangel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • See My Sig
      • CPU:
      • See My Sig
      • Memory:
      • See My Sig
      • Storage:
      • See My Sig
      • Graphics card(s):
      • See My Sig
      • PSU:
      • See My Sig
      • Case:
      • See My Sig
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • See My Sig
      • Internet:
      • 60mbit Sky LLU

I actually like this - the graphics are pretty nice and although it's a little buggy there's some fun to be had (like killing everybody in a village by hanging out near a magic recharge point). Necromancy is neat too. It's been out for a while in Germany (since May).

Oblivion is a better game, but that's old news for most of us now and this isn't a bad game - if you like your RPGs. Good, not great (but worth a punt).
    Crosshair VIII Hero (WIFI), 3900x, 32GB DDR4, Many SSDs, EVGA FTW3 3090, Ethoo 719

Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish

The engine looks a bit more like Gothic 3 than Oblivion (and I recommend G3 for anyone wanting a change from OB). Keep us updated with your opinions over time - if you still love it after a few weeks I might dip in.

Thanks
    • kidzer's system
      • Motherboard:
      • $motherboard
      • CPU:
      • Intel Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 4GB
      • Storage:
      • 1TiB Samsung
      • Graphics card(s):
      • BFG 8800GTS OC
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower
      • Case:
      • Antec P160
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 20" Viewsonic
      • Internet:
      • ~3Mbps ADSL (TalkTalk Business)

uhh kalniel, I thanked you in your first post in this thread accidentally...but erm, thanks for something anyways!
    Last edited by kidzer; 23-08-2007 at 04:20 PM.
    "If you're not on the edge, you're taking up too much room!"
    - me, 2005

Thanks
    • dangel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • See My Sig
      • CPU:
      • See My Sig
      • Memory:
      • See My Sig
      • Storage:
      • See My Sig
      • Graphics card(s):
      • See My Sig
      • PSU:
      • See My Sig
      • Case:
      • See My Sig
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • See My Sig
      • Internet:
      • 60mbit Sky LLU

Well if he thanks you back then you're even
    Crosshair VIII Hero (WIFI), 3900x, 32GB DDR4, Many SSDs, EVGA FTW3 3090, Ethoo 719

Thanks
    • acrobat's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • E6600
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 8800GTX
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 620
      • Case:
      • Akasa Eclipse 62
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir View Post
    Thanks acrobat. I turned the HDR down and it's better. Now I can see the details on my sword rather than holding a white light saber.

I also realised I didn't turn on shadows, dof, etc Makes it look even better.

Cool Glad to help.

P.S!

To those of you who like it by the way, you might want to get a thing called "Two Worlds Control Panel". It lets you change quite a few other settings that aren't available in the game. There was one to enable high quality shadows, and settings to increase the distance things load at etc... Well worth having if you have a PC that can cope with the higher distances and stuff.

I think you can get it here:
    http://boards.topware.de/showthread.php?t=26963

Quote Originally Posted by dangel View Post
    I actually like this - the graphics are pretty nice and although it's a little buggy
    Well atleast one good thing going for it is that it seems to be very well looked after in terms of patches. There have been several so far, and on tuesday they released the enormous patch which brought the original version up to date with the UK version.

So based on that, I'm guessing they will continue to tweak any remaining issues. Hopefully anyway.
    Last edited by acrobat; 23-08-2007 at 06:58 PM.

Thread Information