Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: PS3 VS Xbox 360

Banned
    Thanks

Re: PS3 VS Xbox 360

Quote Originally Posted by gtech View Post
    Ps3 all the way!! especially if you want to play metal gear solid and you wanna watch Blu-ray, you definitley wont be getting that quality from the hd-dvd or 360. tbh after playing gta4 for 100 hours (without including multiplayer) the extra 10 you get with dlc isnt going to be a big deal because Metal Gear Solid 4 will be out along with many many other games.
    Nice unbiased post. Nothing to do with the fact you own a PS3 of course.

Well, I tried. I tried to post a fair, unbiased, honest post, but in a world of 'PS3 rulez!1!' and 'go Xbox 360!111' whats the point.

He didn't say be a cheerleader for the console you own, he asked for opinions on which would be the better buy. Apart from Nick, Hex and a few others, everybody just looked which was was next to their TV and started shouting about it.

Such children on this forum.

Stewart has it pretty much sewn up with his post.
    Come on, sewn up more than 'PS3 all the way!!!'? What more do you need to convince you to buy one?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmage View Post
    What monitor do you have? does it have HDCP?
    A dell 2007WFP with HDCP.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pauldarkside View Post
    Eh? I assume you're talking about aesthetics (as in colour) and not looks (as in output) since HDMI is a standard feature on all packages now (Arcade/Premium/Elite)?
    I mean if you look at the console with your eyes, then in my opinion the PS3 looks better than the 360, but the 360 Elite (a good choice anyway with its mahoosive hard drive) looks about as good.

A black console looks better with a black HD TV, and most peoples HD TVs are black.

Thanks

I'm not overly interested in a new console, but I've got to admit, the white/grey/beige/dirty colour of the 360 counts against it for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    Nice unbiased post. Nothing to do with the fact you own a PS3 of course.

Well, I tried. I tried to post a fair, unbiased, honest post, but in a world of 'PS3 rulez!1!' and 'go Xbox 360!111' whats the point.

He didn't say be a cheerleader for the console you own, he asked for opinions on which would be the better buy. Apart from Nick, Hex and a few others, everybody just looked which was was next to their TV and started shouting about it.

Such children on this forum.
    I've just read through the thread, and I was quite impressed with the non-antagonistic posts (bar just one or two). I've seen far worse on these forums, but as long as bias and ignorance is really obvious (no offence gtech), then it can easily be ignored by people.

I didn't see anyone mention "make sure you get a 360 with a hard drive!" or "if you want PS2 backwards compatibility with your PS3, make sure to get the right model" anywhere, though, so... well, I've said them now.

Quote Originally Posted by ajbrun View Post
    I've heard there's supposed to be an update for this in the summer. Do you know if this will completely eradicate the problem, or will there still be issues (or do we just not know at this point)?
    You really can't date these updates until they're out - there has been a consistent history of delays, and the occasional screwy update. Don't rely on that update being out during 2008.

Thanks

Thanks .

I was only really going the DVI route as I assumed it would be better quality than using composite/s-video, so I'm guessing now that it doesn't matter?

I just ordered a PS3 with GTA btw .
    You're fine m8. DVI is digital - componemts....aren't.

Have fun with your new toy! My preordered GTA IV should be ere on Tuesday!
    This hot girl came over to myspace last night, she twittered my yahoo till I
    googled all over her facebook. Ask Jeeves...

System 1: Intel i5-2500k OC STABLE @5.05ghz with a ThermaTake Frio (air power!), 8Gb 1600 (9-9-9-24) R3 Patriot G2 RAM, nVidia GTX980TI ;
    System 2: HP N40L Microserver;
    System 3: MSI 'Ghost Pro' laptop - 16Gb DDR4 RAM, nVidia 970M, i7-6700, 256GB PCIe SSD + 1TB HDD
    System 4: Samsung TAB S 10.1

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJim View Post
    I'm not overly interested in a new console, but I've got to admit, the white/grey/beige/dirty colour of the 360 counts against it for me.
    Exactly. White is ****e. Get a black 360 peeps, it looks better, had a bigger HD, and means you are *at least* 40% cooler.

I've just read through the thread, and I was quite impressed with the non-antagonistic posts (bar just one or two). I've seen far worse on these forums, but as long as bias and ignorance is really obvious (no offence gtech), then it can easily be ignored by people.
    Yup. Nothing against Gtech, its just that either people can't read, or they just can't bring themselves to be honest about these things. The OP asked for advice on which console to choose, he did not ask for people who own a PS3 to start screaming about it, while people who own a 360 do the same, and he will go with the loudest noise.

So no point just 'forgetting' about all the weak points of your console, while mentioning all the strong points. How many people in this thread actually mentioned the areas where the console they own comes in 2nd best?

I keep banging on about it because HEXUS is the only gaming forum I've seen where you can't just say either: 1) Mario is gay, 2) PS3 rulez or 3) Xbox is da bomb and get away with it. So it means something to me, because if the know nothing kiddies take over this forum as well, there are no places left to have a reasonably adult conversation about video games \ consoles.

Go spend 20 minutes on the GameFAQs forum and you'll see what I mean. Brainless, 14 year old American pricks, to a man. All with nothing to say. All saying it too loudly.

Nothing against Gtech, of course, but he was the first to come flying into the thread, arse first, screaming 'MY CONSOOOOOOOOOLE IS THE BESTETSETE!'

Neither console is a bad choice at the moment, so allow yourself to be honest when talking about them.

Thanks

It's real simple... the PS3 is teh uber, the Xbox 360 is teh w1nz0r and the Wii is teh pwnz0r.

Clear now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareos View Post
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

Thanks

Oops, soz, I forgot:

!!!!11111!11one!!!!eleven111!!!!

May bad. Soz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareos View Post
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

Thanks

I didn't see anyone mention "make sure you get a 360 with a hard drive!" or "if you want PS2 backwards compatibility with your PS3, make sure to get the right model" anywhere, though, so... well, I've said them now.
    I did think about getting the higher PS3 model, but I really didn't think it would be worth the extra price (think it was another £100ish?). Yes you can play PS2 games (most, not all, and only software emulation, not hardware), but I generally only play through games once, with the possible exception of the GTA and MGS series. GTA can easily be found on PC now anyway.

You really can't date these updates until they're out - there has been a consistent history of delays, and the occasional screwy update. Don't rely on that update being out during 2008.
    Agreed, but it's nice to know what's planned. Playstation home looks interesting too if they do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlight View Post
    You're fine m8. DVI is digital - componemts....aren't.
    Excuse my slow-ness, but which part am I fine with? Is it the standard component input (which should require no extra cables) or the HDMI->DVI option?

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlight View Post
    Have fun with your new toy! My preordered GTA IV should be ere on Tuesday!
    Will do, but I guess mine won't be here until after tuesday, which is a shame as I have the day off .

Thanks
    • Blackmage's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI P67-GD65
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core I7 2600k
      • Memory:
      • 8 Gb Hynix DDR3 1333
      • Storage:
      • Crucial m4 120Gb, 2TB Samsung F4
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI HD5830
      • PSU:
      • 700w Coolermaster Gold Plus
      • Case:
      • Xclio/Aplus Windtunnel
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional
      • Monitor(s):
      • Viewsonic VX2239WM 22" LCD Monitor
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Broadband 10mbit

A dell 2007WFP with HDCP.
    Ok, you'll have no problems with the ps3. Some people buy it to use on their monitor which doesn't have HDCP which is a no no.

Thanks
    • Barrichello's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus VII Ranger
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7-4790 (3.60Ghz)
      • Memory:
      • 16GB
      • Storage:
      • 2 x (250GB) Samsung 840 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Geforce GTX 770 (DC2OC 2GB GDDR5)
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750HX
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define R4
      • Operating System:
      • Linux/Win 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • BenQ XL2720T
      • Internet:
      • 100MB/100MB

I have both 360 and PS3. Both are great for games - no bias there.

From a different angle - i have had my 360 twice as long as my PS3 and the former has broken down 3 times as many as the latter. So its hard to be unbiased there.

If you choose the former i hope you have more luck that allot of people

Enjoy whatever you choose

Thanks

Nothing against Gtech
    Nothing against Gtech,
    (no offence gtech),

lol , no offence taken. It's well known on these forums i dont like the 360 (yes i have owned one).
    "Ps3 all the way!!!" i knew you lot would like that.
    Ajbrun, yes i am unbiased but after my experience with both i would be.

Banned
    Thanks

Actually, one thing I forgot to mention - the 360 doesn't work. It keeps exploding, or sometimes melting, and you have to send it back to Microsoft.

It happens so often, the hardware failiure has its own pet name. Red Rings of Death.

This is deffo something to take into account. As far as I'm aware, the PS3 does not melt itself from the inside out. So if reliability is an issue, if you wouldn't likely have the time to send it back and wait, then you know what to do.

My Elite lasted 3 days before I got the RROD, I fixed it by standing it vertical, and it went away, but most aren't so lucky.

Thanks
    • crazy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P5Q-E
      • CPU:
      • Q6600 G0 @ 3.2ghz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair DDR2
      • Storage:
      • Raptor X 150GB & 1TB Samsung HD103UJ
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 260
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Infiniti 720W
      • Case:
      • Antec P182 SE
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2410 & 2007WFP

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    It's real simple... the PS3 is teh uber, the Xbox 360 is teh w1nz0r and the Wii is teh pwnz0r.

Clear now?
    i was just about to put my flame suit on aswell

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    This is deffo something to take into account. As far as I'm aware, the PS3 does not melt itself from the inside out.
    Barrichello just said that his PS3 died, which is one of very few cases I've heard about. Unlucky for it to happen to him of all people, too.

Thanks

Barrichello just said that his PS3 died, which is one of very few cases I've heard about. Unlucky for it to happen to him of all people, too.
    I dont think Barrichello's Ps3 died, his 360 has died 3 times, which is 3 times more than his ps3...is what i think he said/ment? i think?... thats if his one time is 1 time not 1x?
    Last edited by gtech; 27-04-2008 at 09:44 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information