• Antec 300
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus PB278Q (27" 2560x1440)
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 100mb

PES 2009 PC Demo Available!!!

Here you are chaps - I'm just DL now... will see if I can actually get to staying up to play it...

http://www.gamershell.com/download_33628.shtml

Enjoy!!! I'm sure the FIFA/PES arguments will start tomorrow

EDIT - Doh, didnt check the FIFA thread, someone already mentioned it there... Anyway, for those that wont look for a PES link in another thread, should be easier to find...
    Last edited by jonathan_phang; 01-10-2008 at 11:37 PM. Reason: DOOOOOOOH!!!!

Thanks
    • Mblaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS PK5 Premium
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 2500K
      • Memory:
      • 8gb DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Intel X25 SSD + WD 2TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia GeForce GTX 570
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520
      • Case:
      • Antec P180
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP w2207 (22" wide)
      • Internet:
      • Rubbish ADSL

Re: PES 2009 PC Demo Available!!!

Haven't played a football game on the PC since Fifa 97 Might have to give this a try, although I haven't got a gamepad

Thanks

Oooh hurry up download!

a scumbag, arghhhh
    Thanks

A big meh from me, again it feels like the ball pings about with little in the way of player physics and the graphics whilst an improvement on last years only go to show that you can actually polish a turd.
    "The less you eat, drink and buy books; the less you go to the theatre, the dance hall, the public house; the less you think, love, theorise, sing, paint, fence, etc., the more you save – the greater becomes your treasure which neither moths nor rust will devour – your capital. The less you are, the less you express your own life, the more you have, the greater is your alienated life, the greater is the store of your estranged being." Karl Marx

Thanks
    • jonathan_phang's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rampage III Extreme
      • CPU:
      • i7 930 @ 4.2 ghz (200x21)
      • Memory:
      • 12GB Corsair XMS3 1600
      • Storage:
      • Crucial M4 128GB SSD + Misc Data Drive
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX850 Modular
      • Case:
      • Antec 300
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus PB278Q (27" 2560x1440)
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 100mb

Still havent played it loads, but as mentioned, they have polished the engine somewhat, if only for performance. No more shaky replays and a smoother game experience. It seems to play a little faster than before, and the players seem more responsive.

Passing seems feel a bit worse though IMO, with the strength of passes often falling short. And the Through ball pass seems to have been a bit buggered. Just doesnt seem to play the ball I intented, which at least used to happen in 2008.

And... What the hell is going on with the sound? Its like every sample is just someone hitting a damp vegetable. Sounds terrible. And one more thing, cant seem to get 1920x1200 to run full screen in the correct aspect ratio... In the options app, they have 4:3 and 16:9.... but even though they acknowledge the 16:10 ratio (or 8:5 as they call it), you cant display that way...

Will have to see after I have a bit more of a play, but not sure at the moment...

Thanks

Hmm, I guessing the PS3 demo will come out tomorrow with the weekly store update. They'd have to go a long way to make a worse game that 2008!!

a scumbag, arghhhh
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan_phang View Post
    Still havent played it loads, but as mentioned, they have polished the engine somewhat, if only for performance. No more shaky replays and a smoother game experience. It seems to play a little faster than before, and the players seem more responsive.

Passing seems feel a bit worse though IMO, with the strength of passes often falling short. And the Through ball pass seems to have been a bit buggered. Just doesnt seem to play the ball I intented, which at least used to happen in 2008.

And... What the hell is going on with the sound? Its like every sample is just someone hitting a damp vegetable. Sounds terrible. And one more thing, cant seem to get 1920x1200 to run full screen in the correct aspect ratio... In the options app, they have 4:3 and 16:9.... but even though they acknowledge the 16:10 ratio (or 8:5 as they call it), you cant display that way...

Will have to see after I have a bit more of a play, but not sure at the moment...
    yeah the sound is horrible and actually makes the game feel very clangy and jagged.
    "The less you eat, drink and buy books; the less you go to the theatre, the dance hall, the public house; the less you think, love, theorise, sing, paint, fence, etc., the more you save – the greater becomes your treasure which neither moths nor rust will devour – your capital. The less you are, the less you express your own life, the more you have, the greater is your alienated life, the greater is the store of your estranged being." Karl Marx

Registered+
    Thanks

Thank for the link, I'll download this tonight

Thanks
    • Andy3536's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-880GMA
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 95w @3.8
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Corsair XMS3 1600MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1T WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI 4870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750
      • Case:
      • Antec P-182

So there's me playing the PES demo last might and thinking they'd slowed it down a little. So i go to the demo for fifa, and thinking they've sped it up a little.

Does no one else thing the general feel and pace of the games has become very similar?

PES is vastly improved from last year, mabee doesn't have the refined finish of fifas console versions but although there are things that are different, they do seem to be qiute alike this year.
    Mabee just me, i might be going mad. But give it a try and go from one to the other using the same view for both.
    Having played more on the Demos on the PC i'm edging towards PES but tbh i really want both games.

Banned
    Thanks

Right just had a go on the 360 demo, and its more fun to play than FIFA, FIFA tends to plod its way through the game, maybe in the name of being realistic, but as anyone who has ever watched Italian football will know, realistic doesn't mean fun.

In a few goes on the FIFA demo I passed it around, had a few shots, scored a few slightly boring 1-on-1s, not much happened. In a couple of games on PES I smashed a diving header off the bar, the ball pinged high into the air, there was a massive scramble in the goal, the keeper tips a toe poke wide... just more going on.

The controls on PES are, however, the most needlessly over complicated I've seen - I couldn't really make sense of the explinations provided, it was very much 6 buttons where 1 will do. And super cancels? Is this Akumas move list from Super Street Fighter II or a football game?

To be honest, I don't think either of them are great games. Something that was presented like FIFA09 and played like PES09 would probably be the best compromise.

Anyway, going on a few knock abouts on the respective demos, PES is more fun, FIFA looks a bit better.

a scumbag, arghhhh
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    Right just had a go on the 360 demo, and its more fun to play than FIFA, FIFA tends to plod its way through the game, maybe in the name of being realistic, but as anyone who has ever watched Italian football will know, realistic doesn't mean fun.

In a few goes on the FIFA demo I passed it around, had a few shots, scored a few slightly boring 1-on-1s, not much happened. In a couple of games on PES I smashed a diving header off the bar, the ball pinged high into the air, there was a massive scramble in the goal, the keeper tips a toe poke wide... just more going on.

The controls on PES are, however, the most needlessly over complicated I've seen - I couldn't really make sense of the explinations provided, it was very much 6 buttons where 1 will do. And super cancels? Is this Akumas move list from Super Street Fighter II or a football game?

To be honest, I don't think either of them are great games. Something that was presented like FIFA09 and played like PES09 would probably be the best compromise.

Anyway, going on a few knock abouts on the respective demos, PES is more fun, FIFA looks a bit better.
    you can get those moments on FIFA you just have to work for them a bit harder and that's why it feels so much better when you get it. Things are too instant with PES, though possibly it's just that Pes hasn't really moved on as much as FIFA and so FIFA is just fresher and more challenging tha PES which I've been playing almost constantly since PES3

Banned
    Thanks

I'll need to play more of both yet to see which one gets 40 of my notes.

FIFA feels like a Serie A game, lots of build up.

PES feels like a Premiership game, lots of action.

But to say again - neither of them are great football games, unless one of them is going to grow on me.

Thanks
    • Andy3536's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-880GMA
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 95w @3.8
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Corsair XMS3 1600MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1T WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI 4870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750
      • Case:
      • Antec P-182

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    I'll need to play more of both yet to see which one gets 40 of my notes.

FIFA feels like a Serie A game, lots of build up.

PES feels like a Premiership game, lots of action.

But to say again - neither of them are great football games, unless one of them is going to grow on me.

Thats pretty much sums up what the're like, slowly finding myself prefering PES.

If you want a game to grow on you then take a look at the different modes in the different games, for me the best thing in any football game is the PES master league. So naturally I will be drawn to that, the become a legend mode has got me intriged aswell. Where as if they do nothing for you, you might want to look at fifa, with thier be a pro mode for 4 seasons, 10 v 10 online and the addidas live season.

But i know i'm gonna love the master league.

Thanks

PES will be my choice this year. The only time I ever play it is when I have friends over, I haven't got time to learn the game inside out and would never play on my own or online.

I want instant action and goals....fifa is too slow and tactical for my needs, although for someone who plays on footy games alot I can see fifas appeal. It seems to have much more depth to the play.

Thanks
    • NinjaChimp's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P8Z68-V
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 2600K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
      • Storage:
      • 512GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD + 2TB Samsung F4 + Backup 1TB Samsung F3 (in IcyDock)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX850
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design R3
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Professional
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Dell U2412M @ 1920x1200
      • Internet:
      • Hyperoptic 1Gb

I keep reading that FIFA is the slower and more tactical game compared to PES...

I tried both demos last night (having not played FIFA for years and only hearing good things these days) and quite enjoyed both. What surprised me was that I found FIFA to be faster and less tactical. I was up and down the pitch like a 5-a-side match with a win of 3-1 and plenty of action. By comparison, PES was a hard-fought 1-1 draw. Perhaps it's just a random fluke and I probably need to play both demos a little more to decide what to buy, but FIFA certainly wasn't what I expected.

I probably wouldn't have even bothered to look at FIFA if PES2008 hadn't been so bad. I can happily say that all my gripes have been remedied with 2009 and it's a far smoother experience. I also like the fact that you can quickly skip past all the cutscene gumpf that I never cared about... just let me get back to the game. The lack of a complete roster of fully licenced teams, and very average graphics still annoys me tho. I find it quicker to load, smoother in almost every way compared to PES, which may be a consequence of this.

I preferred it when FIFA was rubbish. It was so much easier to decide which to buy.

a scumbag, arghhhh
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaChimp View Post
    I keep reading that FIFA is the slower and more tactical game compared to PES...

I tried both demos last night (having not played FIFA for years and only hearing good things these days) and quite enjoyed both. What surprised me was that I found FIFA to be faster and less tactical. I was up and down the pitch like a 5-a-side match with a win of 3-1 and plenty of action. By comparison, PES was a hard-fought 1-1 draw. Perhaps it's just a random fluke and I probably need to play both demos a little more to decide what to buy, but FIFA certainly wasn't what I expected.

I probably wouldn't have even bothered to look at FIFA if PES2008 hadn't been so bad. I can happily say that all my gripes have been remedied with 2009 and it's a far smoother experience. I also like the fact that you can quickly skip past all the cutscene gumpf that I never cared about... just let me get back to the game. The lack of a complete roster of fully licenced teams, and very average graphics still annoys me tho. I find it quicker to load, smoother in almost every way compared to PES, which may be a consequence of this.

I preferred it when FIFA was rubbish. It was so much easier to decide which to buy.
    On what format? The PC FIFA isn't like the console versions, it's fast paced and too easy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information