Thread: gta3 asve game problem:S???not pirate copy either retail!

Thanks

Question gta3 asve game problem:S???not pirate copy either retail!

erm i got a problem.i have bort gta3 on pc a while ago.and i have had this problem b4. when i start a new game and save it it saves fine.but when loading it doesnt work???wierd huh.same with if i install a downloaded save game.the way i got round this last time was a reformat but dont wanna do that again lol. i tried reinstalling it but nothing so erm any help plz. if it makes any difference i will be using realgta3 mod for it aswell.but i have tried it without that on their.
    cheers

ps aparently loadas peps have had this problem.but theres was due to an illegal copy were as mine is a real retail copy.i bort it ages ago.

Thanks
    just remembered erm i have bin trying it with a erm cd crack as my play disc has a crack on the disc,its on the inner circle that the erm disc spins on.its about 1inch long so erm is quite servier so dont want to snap it,so forced to use a erm cd crack.... as i aint buying it again.i have it on ps2,but bort this purely for the realgta3 mod as it owns
    cheers

EDIT: are game mods illegall?

Thanks
    yeh i had this problme a long time ago,
    get the latest patch(s)
    that should work i think thats what i did anyway
    sorry if it dont work thats all i can give ya

Thanks
    erm yeh i tried erm 1.1 patch but erm dont really do much,maybe as i have a cracked exe as cant use cd...are cracks illegal if u own original game?

EDIT: sorry to admins etc IF this is an illeagal discussion as i am not aware that it is.shouldnt be if i own it tho right?

Thanks
    no they arnt illegal so long as you own the game, which makes you wonder why they are there? hmmm? i wonder?
    anyway i dont know anymore than the patch thing that how i fixed mine
    i have the same sorta sratch on my generals disc and it hasnt got any bigger so i think youll be ok using the cd

nope game mods aint illegal, otherwise counter strike and Dod wouldnt have taken of quite as well
    Last edited by Pete; 17-08-2004 at 02:43 PM.

Thanks
    erm no its an actual crack,so like its split down the inside from the inner circle that the disc spins on.so its unusable...lucky i backed up the audio files erm i just found a erm cd crack patch gonna try that.erm hope it works as this game owns.nah i mean this mod maybe illeagal as it erm contains licensed cars that aitn lincesnced by their owners lol.and u can damage em too hehe oh well.cheers tho mate.

Thanks
    yeh i have real gta3, havnt got it installed
    its not illegal, or i damn sure its not
    i also had vice city real but i uninstalled it
    sos bout the crack on the cd mate, my generals one stops when it gets to the data
    so its fine

ps dont suppose you can try and cut down on the 'erms' in your posts, you seem a little addicted to them
    you dont have to lose them completly but just cut down on it-tanks alot
    or just ignore this and carry on using them, whatever suits you
    Pete

Thanks
    nah, stop the erms please!! Do you say erm alot in real life? Gwan, go cold turkey see if you can stop.

Thanks
    lol ok then.no i dont say *** alot.lol btw thats nufifn to do with this thread lol

Ex-PC enthusiast
    Thanks
    Dont be discussing cracks here in any form guys, you will get your butts kicked for it if a mod looks in, in fact I would be very surprised if this thread was open in the morning.
    Can you also keep the silly spellings for text messages and off of sensible forums, it makes intelligent people look dim.

P.S. in case it interests you I have the same problem with the retail version on an xbox, starts to load the save game and hangs there.
    Last edited by Blub2k; 17-08-2004 at 04:33 PM.
    The Cow by Ogden Nash
    The cow is of the bovine ilk;
    One end is moo, the other, milk.

Thanks
    • streetster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P7P55D-E
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 750 2.67 @ 4.0Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Corsair XMS DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 2x1TB Drives [RAID0]
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2xSapphire HD 4870 512MB CrossFireX
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Black Widow
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • DELL U2311
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 50Mb
    Try uninstalling the game, deleting the c:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA III directory (and the savegame directory- cos that stores some game option info iirc) and then reinstalling the game, install the 1.1 patch - i thought if you wanted to use a no-cd for gta3 you had to copy over all the music from the PLAY disc anyhow? [and yes folks, ive got gta3 ]...

Thanks
    yeh i said i done that...lol erm any other ideas?

Sitting in a tin can. Far above the Earth.
    Thanks
    Well, I played it through on the PC no probs. I think the only problem I had was when I applied the patch (1.1?) and tried to use some old saves. Some worked, some didn't. If I remember, there were also some Windows fixes required, but I should imagine that if you've applied any recent Windows SP then you'll be more than up-to-date.

I used the 'no cd fixes' on both GTA and GTA:VC - and yes, I have full UK purchased copies of both! The fixes made no difference, as my original disks from clean installs still had 'quirks', but then that's the nature of the 'quick ports' (even though it takes them at least 6 months after the PS2 releases!) to the PC. Have a look on the Rockstar support forums, plenty of (negative) feedback on technical issues with the PC versions. Shame, as these are two of the best games I've ever purchased. Still, the forums might turn up a fix for your specific issues.

You might want to contact the publishers about getting your disk replaced, then try the clean install approach with no cd fixes. You'll have to start a new game, but what the hell. Alternatively, just grab a second-hand copy for £5 from ebay or Computer Exchange.

Nomadd
    Support the OcUK Forum Free Speech Initiative: If you intend to register with the intention of posting defamatory remarks about OcUK, then please click here to return to the index. If you continue to register, and post any complaints or criticisms of OcUK, then your account will be immediately removed.

Thanks
    nah cheers tho.got it working.i wipe all asosicated files then unistalled.then erm installed patch 1.1 then erm got a prog that alters the original exe so it dont disc check.now it works fine and all my saves and downloaded saves work fine.cheers guys. oh yeh blun2k what are u jibbin about,cracks aint illegal if u own the original game that itd for.like pete said.

Thread Information