Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just got me Xbox

Sitting in a tin can. Far above the Earth.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBuZZard
    Ratchet and Clank series and the Jak and Daxter...The Final Fantasy games...RPGs..Ico, Sly Raccoon and Maximo Vs The Army Of Zin ..KillZone and GTA:San Andreas...San Andreas
    Ratchet and Clank series and the Jak and Daxter...

First of each of these games was great. Follow ups were pretty poor (esp. Jak2). Let's hope the next installments are better (the developers - Naughty Dog - say they have fixed the faults everyone hated in the sequels.)

The Final Fantasy games...

Hated all of them. I prefer a bit more 'game' in my games. :-)

RPGs..

Sorry, but RPG's are best on the PC. Oh, and look at Fable on the XBOX. :-)

Ico.

Absolutely stunning game. Why oh why haven't Sony turned out a follow-up, instead of all the other rubbish they push out...

Sly Raccoon and Maximo Vs The Army Of Zin.

Didn't like either of them. Overrated, IMHO. :-) Sly2 isn't much better.

KillZone.

Looked great in the early days, but the latest previews I've read show the hands-on play to be poor. Will probably be an OK game, but no Halo killer - and Halo2 will probably swamp it at release time.

GTA:San Andreas.

PC and XBOX versions in 6 months or so after PS2. Much better graphics and controls. Only cynical marketting makes this sell so much on the PS2 (i.e. they delay the really good versions on the other platforms.)

Seems we'll have to agree to differ. Still, I'm sure GT4 will be good. :-)

Nomadd
    Support the OcUK Forum Free Speech Initiative: If you intend to register with the intention of posting defamatory remarks about OcUK, then please click here to return to the index. If you continue to register, and post any complaints or criticisms of OcUK, then your account will be immediately removed.

Thanks
    Never been a fan of PC RPGs, I much prefer Japanese ones, although Im not really a fan of the recent Final Fantasy games. But there is no debating that the serries is a HUGE success and not available to Xbox owners.

Fable on the Xbox is great but doesnt have the charm of Japanese stuff. Xbox really suffers from lack of quality Japanese titles, too many US titles that are all bluster and no style.

Best thing to do is own both

Oh and SAn Andreas is not due out on Xbox in 6 months. PC version is set for next summer but its a PS2 console exclusive for at least a year.
    Last edited by TheBuZZard; 19-09-2004 at 10:16 AM.

Sitting in a tin can. Far above the Earth.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBuZZard
    Oh and SAn Andreas is not due out on Xbox in 6 months. PC version is set for next summer but its a PS2 console exclusive for at least a year.
    Latest from Rockstar (as of last week) is PS2 release may slip a week or so, but looking likely end of Oct. PC release out maybe in May (might slip a little.) Thats Dec->May: 6 months for PC after PS2. Hated Vice City on PS2, absolutely loved it on the PC; so that's the version I'm holding out for. Should look/run super sweet on my 6800GT. :-)

Nomadd
    Support the OcUK Forum Free Speech Initiative: If you intend to register with the intention of posting defamatory remarks about OcUK, then please click here to return to the index. If you continue to register, and post any complaints or criticisms of OcUK, then your account will be immediately removed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information