Thread: Gunpoint

Thanks

Gunpoint

I picked this game up on that new humblebundle store page for about $5, I wasn't sure if I'd like it but it looked worth a try from the trailer so I gave it a shot.

Without revealing too much about the game or mechanics, IMO it's a seriously fun puzzle game which doesn't take itself too seriously, has a decent soundtrack IMHO and had me giggling at the humour a few times. Even the achievement list deserves credit.

It's not terribly long so I'm not too sure about the full $10 asking price, but even after completing it, it has some replayability e.g. the mission editor, trying previous missions with new unlocks, trying different story paths, etc.

Not the best review in the world I know, but I thought I'd just let y'all know about it, and I think there's a demo on Steam if you want to give it a try.

Thanks

Re: Gunpoint

I second this. I was following the development as it's made by an ex PC Gamer writer, Tom Francis. He quit his job to make it.

It's brilliant fun, everything feels spot on and there are multiple ways to complete some of the levels depending on the upgrades to your techno trousers.

It's sold an absolute bucket load of copies too which is great, Tom has said that he doesn't need to worry about funding for his next idea because of Gunpoints success so that's great news!

I would recommend every tries it. There is a demo on Steam and on the website which also has a few different bundles. http://www.gunpointgame.com/

Registered+
    Thanks

I concur. I really enjoyed it and didn't he use the Game Maker engine? Seems like a pretty powerful tool for something that's quite user friendly. Same goes for Spelunky I'm not sure but I seem to think that was a one man operation too.

Thanks

I believe he used game maker yeah, I don't know if they've moved on now because they were talking mac and Linux versions and how he was hiring someone to help with the conversion.

Thread Information