Thread: CoD Multiplayer

Back in Sunny UK...and it is sunny too :D...pleasant surprise.
    Thanks

CoD Multiplayer

A while back I posted about CoD MP and askedg if people had any issues or experience with people cheating online as I was getting hammered even after emptying a magazine into an opponent. Since then and after taking some of the suggestions on board (ta muchly) there has been a marked improvement.

It seems the biggest killer was ping speed. Though there were some decidedly dodgy individuals after this was assessed. Which consisted of searching for servers which I could play on with the kind of performance I was expecting. I also set my filters to find servers with punkbuster on. Not sure if it works but so far I don't have any complaints.

The last thing was to choose weapons with a mixture of good rate of fire and accuracy combined with decent hitting power. The MP44 seems to suit my style of play best as an all round choice. Though I tend to switch to the Thompson or PPSh for the close quarter battles. That and liberal use of grenades .

Thanks to all for your input. My top score so far is 50 kills (my son has whupped me with 57) much improvement from the paltry 6 or 7 I was getting hammered with before.
    "You want loyalty? ......get a dog!"

can you find a fatter hazza? fathazza's Avatar
    Thanks
    • fathazza's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P6X58-E
      • CPU:
      • i7 930
      • Memory:
      • 6 GB Corsair Dominator 1600 C8
      • Storage:
      • Lots
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX 4890 Black Edition
      • PSU:
      • corsair HX 620w
      • Case:
      • HAF-932
      • Operating System:
      • Vista
      • Monitor(s):
      • Iiyama ProLite E2200WS 22in and a Hanns-G HG281DP 28"
    defo lots of people around who can see through smoke.
    one thing i like on CoD is the killcam, so you can kind of tell if people are just jammy or actually dodgy.....

my preferred weapon is the gewher 43 (sp?), just because it is a good all round weapon for close quaters and for a bit of medium range sniping. i rather like the kar98 too on some of the more open maps....

you should get the expansion pack, beacuse the game is just way more fun online with a load of tanks and jeeps around .

ps. Satchel packs over grenades
    I once killed five guys in a room with one satchel pack

Thanks
    the '43 is from Call of Duty:United Offensive, which is the expansion pack, and quite frankly, blows goats.

Original Call of Duty has a die hard community and some would say it is dieing, but quite a few clans and players are determined to keep playing it. There is a new patch on the horizons, but it doesn't promise a whole lot.

I used to play some quite high level CoD, but I'm bored of it, so have stopped playing it.

Back in Sunny UK...and it is sunny too :D...pleasant surprise.
    Thanks
    I like the expansion pack for the bigger maps and higher numbers of players. Trouble with the tanks is that there are too many and we found one night that there were 60 players in a game and 50 of them were driving tanks around. You lasted mere seconds as an infantryman as it takes at least 2 hits from a handheld anti-tank weapon to take the tanks out providing you survive long enough to get your hands on one. Some of the maps are so large and sparsely populated though that you don't even see an enemy soldier. Guaranteed one of their snipers will see you though. I do like the rank options which can give you artillery strikes. Loved bringing one down on a gaggle of Yanks in Carentan.
    "You want loyalty? ......get a dog!"

Registered+
    Thanks
    Anyone here play retrieval? I am in a retrieval caln called AGC.

We have some really good players and would love to whoop you asses

Thread Information