Thread: Weird EA support

Thanks

Weird EA support

Not sure if this is the correct sub-forum...

I just finished a web chat with EA support. Very bizzare.

I wanted to activate Crysis and Warhead (found the old disk box) on origin and the codes and google suggesting speaking to an EA advisor.

Seemed to go slowly but I gave over the codes and was asked to sign up to Pogo!? Initially seemed extremely dodgy but turns out it is an EA thing... Seemingly this was completely unrelated as far as I can see. The advisor then went on to activate the full Crysis trilogy. Now I had recently bought crysis 3 in the sale so perhaps that was visible but it's also activated the add on /dlc for it as well as Crysis 2 which I haven't activated on Origin.
    I then get given a 15% discount code for my "patience".

Anyone else have strange customer support experiences?
    On the one hand I'm more than annoyed at being asked to sign up to stuff, on the other I appear to have received a bunch of free stuff.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • dark-knight's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel X99 Chipset
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 5960X, 8-Core with HT
      • Memory:
      • 16GB (4x4GB) Dominator Platinum, 3000MHz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 850 PRO 128 GB, 2 x Samsung 850 PRO 1TB & OCZ Vertex Turbo 60GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia GTX 690
      • PSU:
      • Enermax 1250w revolution
      • Case:
      • SilverStone Temjin Series TJ09
      • Operating System:
      • microsoft window 7 professional
      • Internet:
      • 100 mb Connection

Re: Weird EA support

I had multiple accounts with EA and once Origin was released I tried to port everything over onto my one origin account, had an on-line chat with EA who where extremely unhelpful and where unable to help me. I phoned EA Europe who again said this was not possible when I knew someone had done this previously and explained who I should call, anyhow. I eventually phoned again and explained my situation with someone from Ireland, in a matter of a hour all my games where ported from various scattered accounts onto my one origin account.

A couple of issues with CD keys that for some known reason wouldn't register, but the guy just put new CD keys in which allowed me to re-download them to my account, a few games had been upgraded too with various battle packs / weapons etc and he also gave me a 20% discount code for my troubles, BONUS.

I think it depends upon the person your contacting, how you speak to them and of course if they have the experience, authority and if they can be bothered.
    Last edited by g8ina; 23-12-2014 at 05:27 PM. Reason: If you need to asterix it, then dont use it.

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Weird EA support

Quality. As much as I dislike EA, no one can complain when you are given good customer service.

Quids in mate

Thread Information