Thread: B17- The Mighty Eighth

Thanks

Question B17- The Mighty Eighth

Just bought this game (always fancied it) and am having a bit of trouble with landings i.e. three quarters of the time I put my bird down onto the runway with the grace of an elephant and promptly buckle my landing gear and cause damage to all my engines before creating a lovely bonfire for everyone to enjoy, was wondering if any of the flight sim fans could give me an idea of proper landing procedure including speeds?

/rant starts
    Why do games released on a budget label never come with a manual? 'Helpfully' they provide a .pdf file on the disk but why the hell should I have to print off pages just to get the information needed to play the game (keys, instrument layout etc.) When ive just shelled out a tenner for what is a reasonably old game
    /end rant

Thanks
    I once tried to play this but gave up, largely becase of the frustration of the manual being on the CD, so I'm afraid I can't give you any help with regards to the game, however landing procedure for a B17 should be something like extend landing gear - 3/4 to full flaps, reducing your airspeed to roughly 140 mph.

You will have to play with the throttle in order to maintain a consistant descent path, not an easy view from the B17, particularly with that astrodome in the way

Nice easy descent to the runway threshold, nose up to flare before touchdown, chop throttle as soon as your tyres squeak.

Good luck

Thanks
    Thanks for advice. The view is hardly excellent, the only trouble I really have is keeping a nice steady descent, but I am working on it.

Thread Information