Thread: **SPOILERS** Mirror's Edge Catalyst PS4 play diary

OilSheikh

**SPOILERS** Mirror's Edge Catalyst PS4 play diary

OilSheikh's Gameplay Log

DAY 1

Played Mirror's Edge Catalyst PS4 for the first time
    The run while trying to go off grid felt less fluid like the first game. When you bash doors , the door doesn't swing back at you or when you jump from a height, you no longer somersault on the ground after landing
    Button layout seems to have changed. Went to OPTIONS and changed layout
    There's a runner silhouette as you run, to assist you but it felt like spoon-feeding to me for noobs
    You are also told which button to press to jump, etc. on every obstacle .. further spoon-feeding
    There are some unnecessary new moves , like hold X to jump higher, hold XX to jump and run , springboard and then wall run - these just ruined the fluidity of runs
    You have to go through a combat tutorial - it felt like the game is going to be about lots of hand-to-hand combat, which is a far cry from the first game which just involved running and getting past baddies
    If you press a button and run, it fills up a Focus shield , which will protect you when you fight baddies
    There is now a MAP feature, where you set your waypoint like Assassins' Creed games
    There is also a unlock skills menu, which again seems unnecessary and like the new Assassin's Creed games
    Faith's voice does NOT sound cool like the first game and she sounds like a playful teenager. Youtubing revealed it's because they used different voice actors FFS! Jules De Jongh voiced Faith in ME1 and Faye Kingslee voices Faith in ME2
    Rather than a continuing story, it feels more like mission-based. Go here, do that, Go there, do that
    Last edited by OilSheikh; 16-06-2016 at 07:25 AM.

OilSheikh

Re: **SPOILERS** Mirror's Edge Catalyst PS4 play diary

DAY 2

It is an open world game. The singleplayer does not automatically continue the story.
    Just like an Assassin's creed game, you open the map, find your objective, set a waypoint, complete the objective and then repeat for the next objective. You can also FAST TRAVEL to a hideout
    There are also side missions.
    When you approach people after completing objective, you even have to press a button to activate the cutscene!
    Running fluidity has still not improved! Too many obstacles have been placed to ruin the speed of a run.
    Today I just got completely lost. I am not sure what I am doing in the game anymore or what the actual storyline is.
    I can no longer see objectives in my map and online walkthroughs seem different too!

And, at this point, I have decided to just sell the game! Never have I been so disappointed with a game.

Thinking of buying this game ? Don't be a fool! Any good reviews you may find online are definitely biased. What a way to ruin a beautiful game! Sigh....
    Last edited by OilSheikh; 17-06-2016 at 06:24 AM.

OilSheikh

Re: **SPOILERS** Mirror's Edge Catalyst PS4 play diary

Thread Information