Thread: Quake3 Nightmare difficulty anyone?

Thanks

Quake3 Nightmare difficulty anyone?

I dug out Quake3 a couple of months back and have started working my way thru single player on Nightmare difficulty, as I've never got past a few levels at this difficulty.

Well I just got past the level against Anarki the other night, so I'm on tier 5 now. I really can't see me getting past Xero though, as it took me ages to beat him on Hardcore difficulty before.

Has anyone ever tried this on Nightmare difficulty and completed it? Or how far has anyone got?

Cheers,

MM

Thanks
    Someone playing Quake 3! I love you!

I've finished everyone except Xaero on Nightmare. I'm actually at the point where beating the various tiers on Nightmare is easy, but I still can't beat Xaero on Nightmare. I know there's a way to do it (Camping at various spots), just haven't bothered to find it.

Good luck!

smells
    Thanks
    I still play Q3 a bit, beat everyone except Xaero on Nightmare, almost had him once but messed up and ended up falling into the void trying to line up a shot that would have won it then got mullered as i respawned right next to him

Thanks
    I'm up to Uriel now. It's the boss levels that are tricky, the rest are pretty easy. I'll probably plug away and get stuck at Xaero as well.

I think Quake 2 CTF was my all time favorite, I miss the tech feel and grappling hook in Q3 CTF. Good times those.

Cheers,

MM

smells
    Thanks
    couldn't stand uriels level against bots, they don't see the fog so once the difficulty is ramped up its horrible

Thread Information