Thread: Is Logitech G900 Worth It?

Thanks

Is Logitech G900 Worth It?

Is Logitech G900 A Good Mouse?

Recently i was searching for a good gaming mouse and i came up on the list of best gaming mouse.

G900 was listed as best wireless mouse.

Should i go for it?

Top 10 List ---> ( Sorry They Dont let Me Put URL )

Thanks
    • Ttaskmaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Aorus Master X670E
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 7800X3D
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair Dominator DDR5 6000MHz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung Evo 120GB and Seagate Baracuda 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Aorus Master 4090
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 1000W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li V3000 Plus
      • Operating System:
      • Win11
      • Monitor(s):
      • Gigabyte M32U
      • Internet:
      • 900Mbps Gigaclear WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Re: Is Logitech G900 Worth It?

Point 1 - A surprising number of reviews give this mouse top marks. As in 10/10, 5/5, etc. One or two doing it would be cool, but most reviews I've seen do this and it's top of everyone's Best Gaming Mice lists.

Point 2 - My mate Ed has a lot of mice. He loves them almost as much as I do, but he earns more money than me, so he has more. He's got all kinds of brands, but has always ended up using Razer in the end. Deathadders, usually.
    He used to be a competitive gamer on the FPSes and did rather well, too.
    Someone got him the G900 for his birthday, based on the above reviews - He said his first couple of hours using were utterly hideous and he hated every minute... and after 3 days, he doesn't think he'll use any other mouse!
    Seriously, for a mouse that he didn't pay for, didn't even seek out for himself, he's become a gushing fanboy to the extreme.

Point 3 - I went round to Ed's to have a go on the G900, using his settings on Battlefield 4.
    Now, I suck at FPS games, especially the fast twitch-shooter type... SUCK. No no, I mean it, I properly SUCK at these games. I'm a space pilot. I have immense trouble converting my physical habits into M&KB games. My KDR is usually about 1:24.
    I hopped on, dove into a random Multiplayer, ran around shooting at people and ended up with something like 14:1 KDR.

So yeah, from my experience I'd say it's a pretty good mouse!
    Fits my hand just fine, for both palming and large claw grips, buttons have good resistance and decent clicks, movement is smooth, mouse is lightweight. Definitely worth a buy!

Thanks
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

Quote Originally Posted by prohxn View Post
    Is Logitech G900 A Good Mouse?

Recently i was searching for a good gaming mouse and i came up on the list of best gaming mouse.

G900 was listed as best wireless mouse.

Should i go for it?

Top 10 List ---> ( Sorry They Dont let Me Put URL )
    £120 for a "gaming" mouse - I would honestly go and look at some other ones. Also not really a fan of wireless gaming mice - I have had quite a few gaming mice including quite a few Logitech ones in the last few years,and always found the wired ones had the edge although YMMV.

On a whim I bought a clearance Func MS3 R2,since it had been knocked down a massive amount,and it has been much nicer to use as I prefer the shape.

The thing is you need to look at how you hold your mice - is it a "claw" grip or a "palm" grip?? Do you like light mice or weighty mice?? Dependent on the way you hold your mice,sometimes more weight is actually useful especially as it reduces the chance of lift off. Some people prefer very light mice as they find heavy ones much harder to move.

Also,I found that a decent mouse mat is useful - I have tried all sorts from special hard surfaces to cloth ones(prefer cloth ones).

However,despite all that what I have found,is that however good a mice you have it won't make up for a lack of skill or reflexes if you are playing an FPS game.

At LANs there are people who don't have the best mice still doing better all of us with much better gear.

What I have tended to do is put a max of around £50 on a gaming mouse - it used to be more or less near the top level for mouse pricing for a very long time,but in the last few years it has gotten worse and worse. Plus if you really look at the sensors in these things,some of the more expensive ones might be going to snake oil territory(IMHO OFC) just like the stupid 500000000000000W PMPO on a mini system you get from a shop.

If anything I would argue I would try for a more sanely price moused and invest in a better keyboard. I actually found going for a decent mechanical keyboard has been useful for me than going OTT with mice.

Going from one expensive mouse to another was nowhere as big an upgrade from me going from something like a G11 or G15(which were the best Logitech gaming keyboards at the time) to my first mechanical one. Now trying my old G15 is like typing in porridge.
    Last edited by CAT-THE-FIFTH; 21-07-2017 at 11:42 AM.

Thanks

This mouse made a great bustle, chaos, absolute revolution in the field of wireless gaming mouse. The assembly in general is good, except that you can slightly criticize the main buttons, but no more.The shape as always is gorgeous and versatile and complemented by the perfect technical base, coupled with the inertia wheel. The materials are practical, but in some cases controversial, which, however, does not interfere with enjoying the use of the device. Honestly, this absolutely without the tower’s pleasure from the game I didn’t got… probably never. Just for the sake of wireless control you can safely take this mouse.

Thread Information