Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: GAMING, the future.

Thanks

Re: GAMING, the future.

This filter is brilliant^.

I have to say I'm impressed by the big vision of many game developers. Just like in film business; a massive reservoir of talent making indie games and a few big companies making the block busters. I'm impressed by Hellblade Senua's sacrifice. With the actor/character the human movements are great, and everything from the graphics to the audio background makes it feel real and immersive.

The writer/creator wanted to explore psychosis, and to understand they worked at a recovery college talked to psychiatrists and brought in a Prof. Norse/Celtic history for story. The potential for helping people with mental health problems, and the potential as a teaching medium are just the beginning. It won some important BAFTA 2018 gaming awards. http://www.bafta.org/games/awards/games-awards-2018

Writer/creator Tameen Antoniades talks about the game and the gaming industry>

Thanks
    • Butcher's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97 Gaming 3
      • CPU:
      • i7-4790K
      • Memory:
      • 8 GB Corsair 1866 MHz
      • Storage:
      • 120GB SSD, 240GB SSD, 2TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 970
      • PSU:
      • Antec 650W
      • Case:
      • Big Black Cube!
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by johnroe View Post
    Thanks I do appreciate input from those in the industry. It's a pity we don't have any games developers on here to give us insights as well. Going on from what you said your children were learning at school. My son was at Falmouth uni, did you by any chance check out the Metamakers Institute which is based there?
    We do (I am one). I have avoided this thread though because it seemed like a rambling mess that I didn't really have the energy to sift through.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Butcher View Post
    We do (I am one). I have avoided this thread though because it seemed like a rambling mess that I didn't really have the energy to sift through.
    I was talking to a member earlier about what they are teaching in schools. I hope they are teaching children how to use engines like Unity and Unreal 4. If not I think the combination of having grown up gaming(having all that accumulated knowledge and experience) and tutorials on YT are enough to mean that in future there will be even more independent developers pushing the medium forward and into new areas.

I find it interesting listening to many interviews with those in the business, just how positive, enthusiastic and forward looking they are. Of course I realise it's their job, and they have to talk it up, but you can feel the excitement of experimenting into unknown areas. Gamers by comparison seem to mostly moan(if you read the forums), or maybe that's their gamer persona. I'm confident that once the focus moves away from adolescent killing, that gaming will become a virtual reality experience, with immense potential.

Thanks

I'm still following the OpenAI team. It's exciting because of the challenges involved, like coordinating five neural nets to play as a team. The real gaming addicts are these AI neural nets which run through a hundred and eighty years of gaming every day, and use the equivalent of 256 GPUs and 128,000 CPU cores(while training) on Google cloud platform. They are preparing for the tournament later this year. from> https://blog.openai.com/openai-five/

Thanks

The team is great

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread Information