Thread: Xbox Pads

Thanks

Xbox Pads

Hi
    Anyone use a non Microsoft branded pad for an Xbox? My Xbox controller is drifting and sticking like no ones business. I've had it about 18 months and just thought I'd get a new Microsoft one but didn't realise they were £50

I'm only a casual gamer and I don't play on line so just looking for something with decent reliability, robust and wireless capable that doesn't chew through batteries. Any suggestions?

Cheers

Permanently confused

Thanks
    • Hoonigan's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI MEG X570 ACE
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB
      • Storage:
      • 2x 2TB Gigabyte NVMe 4.0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3070Ti Gaming Pro
      • PSU:
      • be quiet! Straight Power 11 Platinum 750W
      • Case:
      • Corsair Crystal Series 680X
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 11 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer Predator Z35P + ASUS ROG PG279Q
      • Internet:
      • Giganet (City Fibre) 900/900

Re: Xbox Pads

I've tried a few different gamepads over the past year or two and keep going back to the Xbox One controller. You can pick them up for less than £40 quite often.
    Buy a 4-pack of rechargeable AA batteries and a battery charger and you're set for a long while in terms of it chewing through batteries.

If you want something that is quality and going to take years of abuse, you won't find anything cheaper than the Xbox One controller.

3. Received thanks from:

kalniel (01-08-2019)

Thanks
    • Spud1's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Aorus Master
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16GB GSkill Trident Z
      • Storage:
      • Lots.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RTX3090
      • PSU:
      • 750w
      • Case:
      • BeQuiet Dark Base Pro rev.2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus PG35VQ
      • Internet:
      • 910/100mb Fibre

Quote Originally Posted by zulander View Post
    Hi
    Anyone use a non Microsoft branded pad for an Xbox? My Xbox controller is drifting and sticking like no ones business. I've had it about 18 months and just thought I'd get a new Microsoft one but didn't realise they were £50

I'm only a casual gamer and I don't play on line so just looking for something with decent reliability, robust and wireless capable that doesn't chew through batteries. Any suggestions?

Cheers
    First suggesiton is try and fix it - I had a problem wtih loose & drifting sticks on my elite pad and I fixed it by taking it apart (very easy) and then adding a bit of paper into the stick mounts..stiffend them up instantly and no more drift. Been fine for 6+ months sinc eI did that.

takes 10 minutes, there are youtube guides on how to do it too Many different varieties.

Registered+
    Thanks

I just got say my experience has been that the Xbox One regular controllers have been awful and don't even try an off brand as my one attempt at that was a disaster immediately. Anyway the best controller I have used honestly is the Xbox 360 wired pc controller. Never an issue. Also my son who was really hard on controllers playing all the EA NHL games to death said there is a noticeable difference in the quality of the Xbox One controllers vs the Xbox 360 and that it the Xbox One controller suck much more.

Registered+
    Thanks

If ApowerA do a wireless controlpad I'd give them a look... I've a wired one with well over a thousand hours on it that still plays like new.

Thread Information