View Poll Results: low rates are cheating?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

3 33.33%
  • no

6 66.67%

Thread: cs rates!

Thanks

Angry cs rates!

been playing cs most of the night, playing very well up untill the last map....

i use these rates:
    rate = 25000 or 15000 depending on server (makes v little difference anyway)
    cl_cmdrate = 101
    cl_updaterate = 101

these are the "correct" rates to use.

anyway, on this last map 2 ppl who were top of score board for most of the game i suspected of rate "hacking" (they cant be hit cos there rates are tooo low) so i turned interp off (makes low rates less affective) and they were easy.. asked them wot rates they use:

1st: pretended to be a nuber. then told me 25000, 30, 30.

2nd: 25000, 101, 50.

this was on a wwcl server ... i dont know WHY wwcl blocks some settings that do nothing (well it changes ur name back if u change it..., quite annonying) but not important things like rates.....

</rant>

low rates is basicly cheating imo, anyone agree?

also what does having interp off do? my brother told about it when i was watching him play a match against low rate ppl... i only use it when ppl are definatly using low rates.
    Last edited by SilentDeath; 29-09-2003 at 05:11 AM.

Thanks
    u cant turn interp off. ex_interp is set to .1 by defualt, the only way to adjust interp is to change it to .05, this means the interpolation is adjusted and your hit boxes change, so you would shoot behind where the person is and still hit them. also, there is no such hting as "rate hacking as such" both updaterate and cmdrate affect that players own bullets also, so if he can hit u, u shud be able to hit him.

Rates work in two different ways high rates rate 25000 cl_updaterate 101 and cLl_cmdrate 101 will give you better bullet registration (as long as the server aint crap) but you suffer with higher ping (30-40). If you use low rates 15000 20 20 your reg may be poor but you will have a better ping (0-20), some servers offer low rates adn good reg, but these are few nd far between, i personally use 25000 101 80, hope that helps

?

Thanks
    • Lowe's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 4690K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical
      • Storage:
      • Crucial M550 256GB and 1TB spindle drive
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Palit Geforce GTX1080 Jetstream
      • PSU:
      • EVGA 600w
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Silencio 352 m-ATX
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7/Mac OSX
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" 1080p AOC, Oculus Rift CV1
      • Internet:
      • 200mb Virgin VIVID
    cmdrate/cl_updaterate default to 30 or less. Steam forces your rate (when you set to DSL level anyway) to 7500 as well. The only time rates should be high is if you're on a LAN imho. If you stick it up too high then the load on the server is put to a silly level and unless you've got a VERY fat connection and server spec you start to reduce the fps which the server's running at which starts to effect everyone playing.

Not good. There's no need to wack huge rates in, simple as that.

Another thing to remember. Lowering your rates and you make yourself more "difficult" to hit compared to someone who's using mega high rates. BUT - it also effects the flipside, i.e it makes it near impossible to hit anyone else as well!

Thanks
    • Trash Man's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-V LE Z77
      • CPU:
      • i5 2550k
      • Memory:
      • 8GB 1600 DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 1 x 128GB Crucial SSD 1 x 1TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 1.5GB 580 GTX
      • PSU:
      • Be Quiet 680W E9
      • Case:
      • CM 830 Stacker
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407 x 2
      • Internet:
      • 20mb IDNet ADSL
    When I used to play CS I used the following rates

10001 80 80

and never had any problems getting 50+ kills a round.

Really gone of CS now though, waaaaaaaaay to many idiots playing these days.

Living and dying laughing and crying
    Once you have seen it you will never be the same
    Life in the fast lane is just how it seems
    Hard and it is heavy dirty and mean

Thanks
    i understand about it affecting the server but if the server has crap reg (this one usually does) then high rates are needed.
    the reson i posted this is because there was 4 people last night that joined a scoutznifez server that i was on, basicly they went round nifing everyone and they couldnt be shot/nifed back atall... there rates basicly made them impossible to hit (and im very good at nifes)

interp can be turned off (not ex_interp which is cheating and is blocked by wwcl). can do this by typing "interp" without quotes in console and it tells u its off. this has a stange affect that the sprite that is played when u fire gets played repeatadly for a few seconds.. basicly i think it means the server decides where/who/when u hit some one instead of the client having any say in it (works against people using ex_interp or low rates)

i agree that low rates are needed sometimes (56kers) but i dislike playing agianst them as prediction thingy is off and i cant remmber how to put it back :/

so basicly u can chose lower server fps whch affets every one equally, or some people having the advantage of low rates making them impossible to hit.. i prefer the first. i think 7.5k atleast for rate, and atleast 80/80 for cmdrate/updaterate is good comprimise, lower is imo cheating for ppl on dsl/cable.

last night was the first time i noticed how much rates can affect a game and i was right as they admitted it when i asked... but this doesnt matter as steam has fixed rates? and ill be moving to steam soonish (when some of the servers in my list finally update to it..)

Thanks
    • Lowe's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 4690K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical
      • Storage:
      • Crucial M550 256GB and 1TB spindle drive
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Palit Geforce GTX1080 Jetstream
      • PSU:
      • EVGA 600w
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Silencio 352 m-ATX
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7/Mac OSX
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" 1080p AOC, Oculus Rift CV1
      • Internet:
      • 200mb Virgin VIVID
    i understand about it affecting the server but if the server has crap reg (this one usually does) then high rates are needed.
    Nononononono. High rates CAUSE crap server reg. There's no need for high server rates if everyone uses the default rate!

The reason you're not hitting people is because you're overloading your connection. Have a look at your netgraph and I'll wager that you're getting a fair amount of Choke.

Choke is where you're sending out too much info for the server to manage. The higher the choke, the less likely you are to get reg, whether it be a fish, gun, whatever.

Also here's something to consider. Every thought your aim might be a bit off or shock horror - they're better than you?

Thanks
    Originally posted by |SilentDeath|
    i agree that low rates are needed sometimes (56kers) but i dislike playing agianst them as prediction thingy is off and i cant remmber how to put it back :/
    Some ppl dont have a choice and remember do you think that this makes it any easier for them to hit ppl themselves with them having a slow connection ??

When ppl say a ping of 70-90 is not much doff to ppl having 40 then I just laugh. 40ms is very small but when it comes to some things, this split second DOES make a diff....

Using incorrect rates is far more harmful than playing a 56/64K'er using correct rates.....

I use

on 64K ISDN

standard rates TBH

Fun Not Frags - www.gsvgaming.net

Thanks
    the "interp 0" cmd is a dead cmd not removed from the netcode

Thanks
    I "used" to use..

Rate "25000"
    cl_cmdrate "101"
    cl_updaterate "101"

That used to be good, with nice reg etc and never gave me any problems unless on sh** servers.

Thanks
    I aint one to speak about CS cuz I still suck at the game, but I use Rate @ 7500 and I aint ever changed those other 2 settings! I cant say I've ever needed to. Stop messing around with your settings and play the game more

Thread Information