Thread: Dieing is easy...

Where'd my avator go?
    Thanks

Talking Dieing is easy...

..it's staying alive that's the hard part.

Finally got round to playing B1942: Secret Weapons of War.

Now, to start, I've left this game for a while. I got it, initially, along with Road to Rome. [Yes, I was a little on the uptake with this gem.] After a LAN, I can safetly say, by the odd race sim, it was the best multiplayer game I'd ever played. It had it all. Jump in a tank, a jeep, a boat, a plane, all in one map, in the same game. Me and a mate and 50 AI, v two other friends and AI. Some epic battles later, although exhausted, B1942 was gaining cult status.

THat was a few months ago. Papy released NR2003, and I forgot about it. I've now got Secret Weapons of War, and am now getting back into it. There's some new cool planes and tanks, and even a bike and sidecar, but the basics of the game aren't changed. Some new, plane based maps are there, but I'm finally refinding my appreciation for this one again.

My friends hopefully going to get a server up soon for some multiplay games, where this game really, really shines.

Anyone got the new add-on? Word has it there's a Vietnam add-on coming out soon. Greatest game ever? Ohhh, possibly.

Thanks
    You might wanna look at http://www.desertcombat.com/ .
    Its a modern day mod for BF1942. Modern weapons, vehicles, etc. Its gone through a few versions now, and I've not noticed any issues with it. It retains all the basics of BF1942 and adds a whole bunch of modern day stuff.

Definatley worth a look.

Thanks
    Yeah man, if you actually enjoyed the crap add-ons they released officially for the game, you'll love this one.... havent touched normal BF since I dl'ed the link leon posted

Where'd my avator go?
    Thanks
    I d/led that when it first came out and didn't like it at all. :\ I'll try and grab the latest version, see if it's improved. Had an epic battle last night, with some mates over t'web with the "crappy add-ons." Great fun. This game is slowly becoming the best thing I've ever played.

Thread Information