Thread: X360 - Anti Screen Burn Features?

Thanks

X360 - Anti Screen Burn Features?

This question may be a little early, but it's one I'd like to ask nonetheless.

Does anybody happen to know if the XBOX360 will have any anti screen burn features?
    I am definately going to get the X360, it's an awesome piece of kit and like all gamers, I can't wait to get my hands on it.

However, I think I want it even more cause I can't wait to hook it up to my 50" HD Plasma Screen, and run it through my Amp and speaker system.

I'm pretty sure that a lot of people will be hooking up their X360 to their big screens, and a lot of plasma owners will be asking similar questions.

My concern is that someone will leave the X360 on pause and I'll come back to have a Nissan Skyline forever imprinted onto my screen.

If the X360 were to have a screen saver or other built in anti screen burn features, it would bring piece of mind to hundreds or thousands of customers. Me included.

Registered+
    Thanks
    I can't give you any information I'm afraid, but this sounds like a very good idea. What with the OS being upgradable and all, it's feasible that they could add this feature if it doesn't exist already. So if it isn't included, I guess we can get campaigning!

Thanks
    Sounds good to me! Where do I sign up? ^_^

Thanks
    Don't worry most plasmas have inbuilt screen burn protection

Thanks
    Now that the 360 is out in the US, does anybody have any info on any built in screen burn protection it may have?

I have a Pioneer 505XDE Plasma, and the only built in screen burn features are if the TV recieves no signal, or isn't used for about an hour.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Parm
    My concern is that someone will leave the X360 on pause and I'll come back to have a Nissan Skyline forever imprinted onto my screen.

If the X360 were to have a screen saver or other built in anti screen burn features, it would bring piece of mind to hundreds or thousands of customers. Me included.
    The original Xbox had a screen saver. Leaving the game paused or no input from controller (menus) then after 5 min the screen saver would kick in. I would expect MS to implement the same system for X360.

Thread Information