Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Statement.

Banned
    Thanks

Nintendo Statement.

Thought it was interesting enough to post.

Our competitors would have you believe that the next generation of gaming will be solely defined by high definition graphics. High definition graphics look fantastic, but come at a price. To shine, high definition games must be played on high definition televisions, which aren't cheap. Games with high definition graphics are expensive to develop because they must be developed in both standard and high definition formats. Those development costs are passed on to you in the form of more expensive software. Finally, playing games with high definition graphics requires a system with loads of RAM and costly high-end graphics chips, both of which make it prohibitively expensive for most consumers.

Sharper graphics are certainly part of the next generation. We know that games for the Revolution will look brilliant whether played on a standard television or on a high definition television. However, is that all there is to next-generation gaming? We feel that sharper graphics should be combined with a new way to interface with the game itself. Our controller is a sharp departure from the current standard, to be sure, but it will provide a level of interactivity you can't get currently.

We believe in providing a single system that can play not only the previous generation's titles, but also games from a massive library built over 20 years of creating innovative and exciting games. We also believe in providing a complete wireless online experience right out of the box.

Nintendo has created a gaming system that is sleek and compact in size, powers up quickly with minimal load times, makes game development easy and fast, is easy to use, and is affordable for everyone. We are confident that gamers and non-gamers alike will support the truly next-generation experience only Nintendo can provide. Once you have a chance to play games on the Revolution, we think you'll agree!

Nintendo of America

Xcelsion... In Disguise. Xaneden's Avatar
    Thanks
    Sounds promising, though I tend to feel the only reason I buy Nintendo consoles these days is for Zelda, Mario, and dare I say it.... Pokemon.

Its a good game! Honest.
    New Sig on the Way...

Thanks
    Reading between the lines then, basically Nintendo are conceding that A) The Revolution will have a less powerful gfx engine than the PS3 and Xbox360, and B) No HD-TV support. Right?

Thanks
    • Spud1's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Aorus Master
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16GB GSkill Trident Z
      • Storage:
      • Lots.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RTX3090
      • PSU:
      • 750w
      • Case:
      • BeQuiet Dark Base Pro rev.2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus PG35VQ
      • Internet:
      • 910/100mb Fibre
    Sort of

I think it is saying that they will not be (initially at least?) developing the console specifically for HD stuff, totally unlike the 360 or ps3. They will be concentrating on what is most important - and what nintendo do best - that is making great, intutive games and in this case with a revolutionary controller.

HD-TV support could still be there, but possibly only for HD-Movies and the like? Personally I don't care that much about that graphics side of things, I go back to play the likes of goldeneye and despite the relativly simple graphics its still amazing fun to play. Hell even Mario Bros on the nes is still fun, and thats an 8-bit console.

The revolution is (according to a news article i read, cant remember where but could even have been here?) supposed to be a cheap console ment to go along-side the 360 or PS3 (whichever you choose), with a projected price of around 99$US.

That would be a good move if they do so, I think nintendo must recognise the (albeit false) image that they have in most of the world - they tend to be seen as a 'kiddie' company releaseing games for kids and the japaneese, while Sony especially, and M$ with the xbox/360, are seen as the 'cool' consoles for the 'cool' people..much more mainstream (probably because the majority of their lineups include Fifa XXXX, WWE XXXX, Super duper tonkey hawk X, BMX XXXX etc etc) and because they have a lot of high profile, violent games on them. (nintendo's worst being conkers bad fur day (gruesome) and resident evil 4 on the GC.. ..So anyway lots of people will be buying a PS3 or 360 as their main system, so rather than go head to head ninty can aim at a slightly different market, and try and get people to get both Then win them over with the (expected) vastly superior gameing lineup and interface options..

Just my 2c anyway

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Tabris's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS A8N-SLi Premium
      • CPU:
      • AMD Athlon64 3200+ (2.0GHz)
      • Memory:
      • 1GB (2x512mb) PC3200 DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • 80GB Seagate 7200.7 + 160GB Hitachi Deskstar
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX Geforce 6800GT
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic S12 500w
    It's a damn shame the majority of people prefer fancy graphics.

Thanks
    True. And I reallly, really can't see them producing a technically competitive machine for $99.
    This hot girl came over to myspace last night, she twittered my yahoo till I
    googled all over her facebook. Ask Jeeves...

System 1: Intel i5-2500k OC STABLE @5.05ghz with a ThermaTake Frio (air power!), 8Gb 1600 (9-9-9-24) R3 Patriot G2 RAM, nVidia GTX980TI ;
    System 2: HP N40L Microserver;
    System 3: MSI 'Ghost Pro' laptop - 16Gb DDR4 RAM, nVidia 970M, i7-6700, 256GB PCIe SSD + 1TB HDD
    System 4: Samsung TAB S 10.1

Thanks
    • directhex's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus ROG Strix B550-I Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 5900x
      • Memory:
      • 64GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB
      • Storage:
      • 2TB Seagate Firecuda 520
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra
      • PSU:
      • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G3
      • Case:
      • NZXT H210i
      • Operating System:
      • Ubuntu 20.04, Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 34GN850
      • Internet:
      • FIOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadlight
    True. And I reallly, really can't see them producing a technically competitive machine for $99.
    oh i don't know, the gamecube was $150, and look at the graphics on RE4.

Thanks
    At launch? Hmmm. Of course, the Rev will need decent onlien capability too, to compete with the..er, competition. Yes.
    This hot girl came over to myspace last night, she twittered my yahoo till I
    googled all over her facebook. Ask Jeeves...

System 1: Intel i5-2500k OC STABLE @5.05ghz with a ThermaTake Frio (air power!), 8Gb 1600 (9-9-9-24) R3 Patriot G2 RAM, nVidia GTX980TI ;
    System 2: HP N40L Microserver;
    System 3: MSI 'Ghost Pro' laptop - 16Gb DDR4 RAM, nVidia 970M, i7-6700, 256GB PCIe SSD + 1TB HDD
    System 4: Samsung TAB S 10.1

Thanks
    *cough*

its ignorant to ignore new staff hehe only jokin

It will defo be interesting to see what the revolution has to offer on release
    Quote Originally Posted by Noni
    What the hell does "WTH" mean

Thanks
    • Spud1's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Aorus Master
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16GB GSkill Trident Z
      • Storage:
      • Lots.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RTX3090
      • PSU:
      • 750w
      • Case:
      • BeQuiet Dark Base Pro rev.2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus PG35VQ
      • Internet:
      • 910/100mb Fibre
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadlight
    At launch? Hmmm. Of course, the Rev will need decent onlien capability too, to compete with the..er, competition. Yes.

Online wise nintendo looks good. Talking purely about the DS, nintendo have free wifi hotspots all over the UK (take that sony ) and have plans at least to implement full online play between DS owners worldwide. Not really heard much about the revolutuions online ability but I would expect it to be wifi ready out of the box, or at the very least have a built in 10/100 card.

Inside of Japan nintendo have a lot of experience internet wise, right from back with the snes (possibly even the nes? cant remember) having limited online access, and the N64 did once you attached the 64DD (not available outside of japan) and there are more online games for the Gamecube in japan than there were in the UK (we had PSO and uhh...PSO2?)

As for them producing a comparable console for 99 bucks? Sure they can do it, but i would expect it to cost a bit more than that, 150 maybe (still a heck of a lot cheaper than its rivals). If they do it right it's more than possible though, things like no wired controllers, maybe no hard disk (and why would you need one, its a games console not a PC) small form factor (as already seen from PR shots) etc etc. If designed properly from the ground up it's possible

I really think that it will be better than the other 2 as a GAMES CONSOLE. I seriously doubt its ability as a web browsing machine, movie playing, music loving jukebox all in one machines, and i dont even think most of that functionality will be included. But that is a good thing, as thats why I have a PC, Hi-Fi, Dvd player, TV...I don't need to waste money buying yet another box to do the above. I want it to play games, and do it well, nothing more On that, I think ninty will deliver

But hey i'm a self confessed fanboy who has a really low opinion of the Xbox and Ps2 (and a mediocre opinion of the 360), so what do I know.
    Last edited by Spud1; 13-12-2005 at 02:27 PM.

www.5lab.co.uk
    Thanks
    hmm...

what they are doing is certainly brave, but i'm not sure if it'll succeed. i wish them all the best.. but will i buy? i dont think so.. there's only room for one console under my telly, and thats gonna be a ps3 (simply because of my back catalog of ps2 games - i dont believe that the ps3 will hold much over the 360, and visa versa - look at the 2 consoles today - the xbox is more powerful than the ps2, but most of the games look pretty similar..)
    hughlunnon@yahoo.com | I have sigs turned off..

Mike Fishcake
    Is it worth mentioning the tons and tons of retro style games that are shipping this year based on those handsets that you just plug straight into the telly? 16 (or even 8) bit comparable graphics, but they're shifting by the bucketload!

If Nintendo do this right, it could work brilliantly - either that, or it could fall flat on its arse. Only time will tell

Thanks
    nintendo for the win. XBox = PC (got a pc already thanks) Nintendo = banter u can have with ur mates after a night out, before a night out or with a few beers, like 4 way smash bros or mario kart... Thats a games console imo, not a Pc wanna be like the 360
    Rig: Amd 64 3700+ San Diego | Abit AT8 | 4x512 Corsair XMS3200C2PRO | PowerColour X850XTPE / Arctic Cooled | Samsung Spinpoint 250Gig | Enermax NoiseTake 485w | Arctic Freezer 64 Pro | Coolermaster Wavemaster Silver | Dell 2405FPW | Logitech G5 / Everglide Destrukt Monstermat |

I shall never tire... BEANFro Elite's Avatar
    Thanks
    • BEANFro Elite's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus MAXIMUS IV EXTREME Rev.3.0
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 2600K Sandy Bridge
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Memory Vengeance 8GB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 240Gb RevoDrive 3 X2, 1x 1TB Maxter DiamondMax 11
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire ATi HD5970 3GB
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster Silent Pro Gold 1000W Modular
      • Case:
      • Coolermater Cosmos Pure Black
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2209WA
      • Internet:
      • TalkTalk
    That statement is the very reason why Nintendo will always be big in Japan, as the Japanese love innovation, I love Nintendo for it's innovative ways.

However, Nintendo will not do as well as Sony or Microsoft in the west as gamers over here are generally more narrowminded and don't like change at all...

Thanks
    Nintendos main problem now is they are seen, by casual gamers and newer gamers as being for kids, not cool adult plaything like PS2/PSP/Xbox

Thanks
    If you can buy a normal pad for it and get classic nintendo games ill be happy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information