Thread: Kojima: really no difference between xbox 360, PC and PS3

Thanks

Kojima: really no difference between xbox 360, PC and PS3

In an interview with 1up.com, Hideo Kojima (the creator of the popular Metal Gear Solid series) mentioned that it was technically possible for Metal Gear Solid 4 to run on Xbox 360 hardware. He also stated that they chose the Playstation 3 hardware to run the MGS4 trailer was merely because it was 'newer' and they wanted to try it out first. Kojima also said that there weren't any real differences between PS3, PC and Xbox 360.

http://www.xbox365.com/news.cgi?id=GGPriPLuLd12160521
    This hot girl came over to myspace last night, she twittered my yahoo till I
    googled all over her facebook. Ask Jeeves...

System 1: Intel i5-2500k OC STABLE @5.05ghz with a ThermaTake Frio (air power!), 8Gb 1600 (9-9-9-24) R3 Patriot G2 RAM, nVidia GTX980TI ;
    System 2: HP N40L Microserver;
    System 3: MSI 'Ghost Pro' laptop - 16Gb DDR4 RAM, nVidia 970M, i7-6700, 256GB PCIe SSD + 1TB HDD
    System 4: Samsung TAB S 10.1

Thanks
    Yeah, I read this and thought..."hmmm...."

I really do suspect that this is the start of a subtle 'play down' campaign by Sony...

On Friday we had news of Kaz Hirai, Sony America's boss saying there was and is no advantage of being first to market with a new console...

Hmmm, funny how that didn't seem to be the case with the PlayStation and the PS2, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareos View Post
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

Thanks
    True, but if you look at it the other way he is admitting that the PS3 is no better than the 360!

System 1: Intel i5-2500k OC STABLE @5.05ghz with a ThermaTake Frio (air power!), 8Gb 1600 (9-9-9-24) R3 Patriot G2 RAM, nVidia GTX980TI ;
    System 3: MSI 'Ghost Pro' laptop - 16Gb DDR4 RAM, nVidia 970M, i7-6700, 256GB PCIe SSD + 1TB HDD

Thanks
    Aye, there is that... but it the bit about it being 'newer'...

I know I'm appearing paranoid, but it's not that, I'm just waiting for the Sony vs MS marketing war...

Right now, Sony have got bugger all to fight with, so what they're left with is to subtly down-play the Xbox 360 until they get their own hardware to market.

I really do hope to be getting my hands on a PS3 at CES in January.... then we'll see what's what!
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

Thanks
    Quite clever of MS to hold back Halo 2 until PS3 launch day Can't wait for next-gen Tekken or MGS though!

Thanks
    Halo 3 you mean?

Either that or it's been SERIOUSLY leaked...

Thanks
    Oops, sligh ccck-up there! Heheh, you know what I mean!

smtkr
    Even if I really like the PS3, I can't buy it now because of Sony's rootkit fiasco. I'm one of those old fashioned consumers who has principles when buying. sony has proven over and over again that it is an anti-consumer company. Check out the article today on slashdot about the analog hole (A. hole) legislation they are trying to push through the U.S. congress. there's not a force on this earth that could make me buy from Sony.

Thanks
    Sorry, but unless I've missed it there's no mention of Sony!

I love their design, but their insiistence in using proprietory technologies and oarts means they can charge through the nose for stuff. And they do.

smtkr
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadlight
    Sorry, but unless I've missed it there's no mention of Sony!
    huh?

Sublime HEXUS.net
    Thanks
    • Stoo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Mac Pro
      • CPU:
      • 2*Xeon 5450 @ 2.8GHz, 12MB Cache
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 1600MHz FBDIMM
      • Storage:
      • ~ 2.5TB + 4TB external array
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI Radeon HD 4870
      • Case:
      • Mac Pro
      • Operating System:
      • OS X 10.7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Samsung 244T Black
      • Internet:
      • Zen Max Pro
    It depends on how you read it, but it sounds like he's saying that all the top end systems have enough power to enable the game to run on it, and nothing about which system is "better".

But we've seen that for a while on the PC, there's more and more variations on a theme, with the only differences being a few more polygons, less jaggies and higher resolutions..

You could have virtually any modern game title run on older hardware, but depending on how old the hardware is, you'd lose more and more of the frills, but it would be "technically" possible.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Thanks
    • j.o.s.h.1408's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Delux
      • CPU:
      • Intel core i7 920 @ 3ghz
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung F1, 500GB Seagate baracuda + 320gb Seagate PATA +150GB WD PATA
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 480GTX SC edition
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 600W Module PSU FTW
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A7010B (the rolls royce of pc cases)
      • Operating System:
      • vista ultimate edition and windows xp
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22inch 2005FPW dell monitor
      • Internet:
      • 24mb BE There Broadband
    If MGS4 can run on 360, PS3, and PC than what does that tell you about how powerful tehse next consoles are? more or less the same if not SLIGHTLY more powerful than a high end PC. Before PS3 comes out i believe PC's hardware will be on par with it..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by smtkr
    Even if I really like the PS3, I can't buy it now because of Sony's rootkit fiasco. I'm one of those old fashioned consumers who has principles when buying...
    Your damn right. Shame more people are not like that, but most people niether know about, understand or care unfortunatly. Shame thier kit is so damn tasty looking (matter of opinion i know, but i love most sony stuff looks wise). But almost every large company is playing dirty these days. Same goes for Apple for me now, or any company that uses it's own DRM.

But anyway, yeah, i think Nick is bang on the money this time. As good at desgining games he may be, lets not forget what a Sony monkey Hideo Kojima is. He is well in Sony's pocket (or is that the other way around).
    Last edited by autopilot; 19-12-2005 at 10:28 PM.

Thread Information