Thread: Does Altered Beast (Japan) work on a EURO PAL Mega Drive I/II?...

Thanks

Does Altered Beast (Japan) work on a EURO PAL Mega Drive I/II?...

Hello,
    I just got a mint Japanese original of Altered Beast Cart, for the SEGA Mega Drive (Japanese)
    I have a EURO PAL SEGA MEGA Drive I (Bulky model) console and a EURO PAL Mega Drive II (Smaller model).
    All my Japanese carts work perfectly on both consoles, either by directly inserting the carts into the slot (I have trimmed them out) or by using a Universal Adaptor cart. (Nitro Adaptor 2 for PAL & NTSC MD)

But when I insert Altered Beast (JPN) cart, the typical SEGA quote comes up:

“Produced By or Under License from SEGA Enterprises LTD”

Then a Black screen and then nothing…

Same thing happens on both Mega Drives, even when I used the Universal Adaptor.

The cart is fairly mint and does not look damaged, but could it be that this specific cart has a region lock-out? Altered Beast (JPN) was one of the 1st Mega Drive games (1988) so it’s doubtful.

So does anybody have this specific Japanese Altered Beast working on his EURO PAL SEGA Mega Drive I or II?
    Is this a region-lock preventing it from working, or should I assume that this is simply a defective cart?

Please any feed-back will be highly appreciated, because if anyone of you has a working Japanese Altered Beast on a Euro Mega Drive, then mine would be a defective cart, so I’ll just send it back.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Blimey, now its been some time since my megadrive days! But that was the first game i got for my Megadrive. I had a Jap import one (first at my school, i was well chuffed , and i'm pretty sure that my copy of Altered Beast was a UK version and other UK bought games played ok, but i might be wrong. Maybe the cart is faulty, but there is a guy on these forums (Jon_bda) that collects old consoles who might be able to help you. There are also a few quite popuar retro gaming forums that may be helpful, but i dont have links sorry.

Thanks
    Well, my copy of Altered Beast is the Japan version (Not the UK) and my consoles are EURO PAL, not Japan Import ones. So my case is the other way around.

Thanks
    game rocks /love!
    no clue bout it working on the console but still have to say the game ROCKS lol

micheal jacksons moon walker pwns all tbh tho..
    Quote Originally Posted by Noni
    What the hell does "WTH" mean

Thread Information