Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oblivion new content

Thanks

Oblivion new content

Microsoft has made the first bacth of downloads available for the 360 owner sof Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. For $2.50 (or 200 Microsoft points), you will be able to outfit your house with some armor. For those who purchased the PC version, your downloads will actually be a little cheaper at $1.99 per download.

Think I'll give this one a miss.

Thanks
    Horse right?

for $1.99 I think I'll pass
    Check my project <<| Black3D |>>
    Quote Originally Posted by hexah
    Games are developed by teams of talented people and sometimes electronic arts

Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish
    Pass

On a Tactical Vessel in search of an Invisible Submarine
    Thanks
    you must be kidding?anyone with half a brain can use the construction set to do all those things.

P.S: ive just had a look at them its such a bloody ripoff this should have been in game in the first place im going straight to forums to complain.
    Last edited by Skaramush; 04-04-2006 at 05:18 PM.

Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish
    Quote Originally Posted by Skaramush
    you must be kidding?anyone with half a brain can use the construction set to do all those things.

P.S: ive just had a look at them its such a bloody ripoff this should have been in game in the first place im going straight to forums to complain.
    Easy tiger!

No-one is forcing you to buy them. It's not like they are required for online play or anything. If you don't like them, don't buy them. Simple as that.

But what has been proven is that by offering more things for purchase post release you can get full bug tested mods, and in general improve the level of support for the community because you've realised funds for such things. Look at the very successful Bioware model for an example.

Personally I've got no problems waiting for some decent official add-ons to come out. This mod isn't good enough for me to buy, so they won't get money from me for it, but I can easily see myself buying 15 quids worth of pick and mix add-ons someway down the line - imagine that - an expansion where I can choose to only pay for the good bits!

Thanks
    i believe they ve done it so they can sell stuff to xbox owners via live and they cant complain that these things are available for free on the pc so thats why they havent released the tool for making the items with construction set. a fine example of console hurting the pc gaming , just as well look at oblivion inventory interface and tell me im wrong.

Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish
    You're wrong. The interface is clean, simple and easy to use. Even better is the fact that the restricted memory of the XBox has lead to amazingly optimised loading times - I can't believe we have such a large, detailed world that we're free to explore in any direction we like with no loading screens. Would never have happened if it was just a PC game (by the devs own admissions). Oh and how stable is the game? It's better than a lot of PC games out there, and if that's not enough, just have a look at what Bethsoft were doing before they had to tighten things for the console's more stringent stability requirements.

And where have you got this idea about it being for XBox reasons that they're charging? They could easily provide live content free of charge. Besides, look at the Bioware model - that's more likely what's influenced them, and that was for NWN, a PC game...
    Last edited by kalniel; 04-04-2006 at 08:27 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kempez
    Horse right?

for $1.99 I think I'll pass
    Horse yes!

It may sound cheap but it's still a rip-off. Buy a can of coke, a bag of crisps and still have change for some tutti -fruities.

I'll pass on the horse armour.

Thanks
    Interview of game guru i think with Pete hines:

bapenguin: It seems there's been quite a bit of backlash from the $2.50 horse armor skins. What's your take on it?

Pete Hines: Honestly there's not a lot of info out there for us to go on. We tried to find a spot for it that fit with what other things were out there. A Theme costs 150 points. The Kameo thing was 200. We're trying to find the right spot that fits. How much is something you can use in the game worth versus a gamer picture pack, or a theme, and so on.

bapenguin: Any chance that we'll see a change in the price structure because of this? Or has it been selling well enough at the current price point that you guys are happy?

Pete Hines: Will they all be priced the same? I don't know. We're not even a day into this right now. We've got a couple more we're working on finishing and testings and will release in the next couple of weeks. We want to put some different things out there and find out what folks want and what they don't want. These are optional things, not requirements, so if
    you don't want to get them you don't have to.

bapenguin: What about free mods on the 360? Will we be seeing any of the popular PC mods from the user community showing up on Live?

Pete Hines: Right now we don't have plans to do any free mods. We don't ever get involved with fan-created content, on any platform, so taking some of that and releasing it on Live is not something we'd ever do.

P.S i think last line is a huuge mistake the reason why morrowind was such a big success was cause the mods kept it alive for years after release and turning their back on the modding community is the biggest mistake they ll make if they keep all the tools from us.
    Last edited by Skaramush; 04-04-2006 at 08:56 PM.

Thanks
    That is pretty rubbish imo. Community mod support is what online gamings all about: look at CS/CSS and HL1/2. Mefinks they're got it all wrong
    Check my project <<| Black3D |>>
    Quote Originally Posted by hexah
    Games are developed by teams of talented people and sometimes electronic arts

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kempez
    That is pretty rubbish imo. Community mod support is what online gamings all about: look at CS/CSS and HL1/2. Mefinks they're got it all wrong
    I don't think they've got it wrong. They got it just right for their stockholders! Think about it? The internet is pretty much un-tameable in the way things happen. If you get me, I may be explaining myself a bit wrong. But in Microsofts/Developers eye's they have this new little sandbox of XboxLive360. Where they can do anyting at the press of a button and it makes money. It's fantastic idea for making the money.

They've put years and years of experience of what makes gamers and Net sav'vy people happy. Free Mod's/Demo's/Trailers/Addons/Adverts/Themes and make people pay for them in someway or another.

I dont blame Microsoft/Developers but its pretty downright bad value for money at the end of the day. Just like them damn ringtones for your Mobile Phone.

If everyone does the right thing and boycott it, you may see it for free eventually.

Thanks
    • toolsong's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P7P55D EVO
      • CPU:
      • i7 860 @ 3.8 GHz
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 4GB Corsair Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • SSDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX970
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic X650
      • Case:
      • Antec P180
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2515H
      • Internet:
      • Fibre @ 100/40
    Quote Originally Posted by kalniel
    You're wrong. The interface is clean, simple and easy to use.
    ...and after I installed this mod, you're right
    http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/i...owtopic=310815

Thanks
    • dkmech's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5Q Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Q6600 @3.16GHz
      • Memory:
      • 4gb ddr2 6400
      • Storage:
      • 2*640gb WD Raid 0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon 6970
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster 690
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Hanns G, 19" Hyundai L90D+
      • Internet:
      • 14Mb
    You're wrong. The interface is clean, simple and easy to use.
    Having played WoW there are quite a few things which i find annoying about the interface. It may be clean, and easy enough to use. But it doesn't give me the level of control i want (8 spells/weapons for the lose). And its not very informative (how about colour coding potions and using different bottle graphics for different types? Or xbox360 can't handle that?).

Oh and how stable is the game? It's better than a lot of PC games out there...
    How stable is it? Every time I quit it it gives me an error. It has frozen once on loading scenery. And there was a repeated bug where if I tried to go upstairs in the fighters guild in Chorrol my walking speed slowed to a crawl (with everything else still normal).

Not the worst, but far from impeccable.
    Tough on mirrors, tough on the causes of mirrors.

Thanks
    I agree on the interface thing, after playgn wow for a year its no where near as flexible.

And back on topic, the &#163;1.70 charge for horse armour takes the piss.

OMG!! PWND!!
    Thanks
    Even better is the fact that the restricted memory of the XBox has lead to amazingly optimised loading times - I can't believe we have such a large, detailed world that we're free to explore in any direction we like with no loading screens.
    Never played WoW have you? except for instances (which they load up so that you dont have multiple groups doing it all) its all one big continuous thing.. oh, and hte 2 different islands..

Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish
    No I've not played WoW, but my impressions from reviews etc were that it was almost a magnitude less complex than OB in terms of graphics and detail. How are objects handled in WoW? I like the way in OB you can pick anything up, throw it around and it's there when you come back to it. And the way we have a 'real time' world editor which means we don't have to compile or pre-render the world.

Interface - yes, less flexible I agree. And I hate the fixed mouse mapping. But at least we PC users can mod the game to overcome many of these limitations!

And that's what it's about - we can chose what mods to use or not. There are great user ones out there I'm already using for free. If beth don't make something worth my money, they won't get my money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information